Womens Running

April FOOLS Mondays! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Unfortunately, this is not a joke. Its really Monday.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

11.26 for me! Heading to a Core class later.

Great run today! Boy, what a temperature difference from the last couple days. It was a "feels like 26". I loved it of course. Run felt easy and effortless! Woot! My stomach on the other hand..that is a different story. Having some issues with it today. I think its from the pizza I had on Saturday. Its not used to greasy foods like that!

I am hoping they hand all my accounts over to me today! If so, I am planning on traveling Tues-Thurs. They would be day trips. We will see how the day goes. I have a massage apt tomorrow I have to reschedule Sad And a dentist cleaning on Thurs I am going to reschedule. So upset about that one. Wink

Have a great Monday!

I'm baaaaccckkk!!

Last week I went to a four day quilting seminar.  Wednesday was fun, Thursday after lunch I checked my phone and it was blowing up.  Doctors decided baby Cameron needed to make an early entrance.  I scooped up my sewing mess, ran through the hotel and grabbed my stuff, hit the highway and got to the hospital in Biloxi about 15 minutes before they took DIL back. So grand baby Cameron was born Thursday. He is 5 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long.  DIL and baby are doing well, and they went home yesterday.  He has a check up today.  I haven't checked to see how their first night home went.

I did manage a treadmill run Thursday and did 6.3 miles yesterday. And yes--it is chilly here!  probably helped my run yesterday.

We did more house prep stuff over the weekend, and will be able to move in this coming weekend. I just want to get it done!

How's it going?

Docket_Rocket

I am on a plane and sleepy. Will run 7 in SC. Hoping outside but it’s hilly so we will see how I feel.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congrats CrazySue on the new grand baby!

Ugh Monday.  Have to see the dentist today about a broken crown. No, not the one on my head. 

Have a a great day. Don’t get pranked!  Marathon Investigation guy had a funny spoof on Barkley’s today.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Seloc

Greetings, fools!  Ha!  Saturday was 7mi.  Didn’t do the 12 I talked about for a few reasons (or excuses, decide as you may).  I realized I have an extra week somehow, I ran more last week than I had in I can’t remember when and it was pretty chilly and SOOOO windy.  Actually was kinda fun to turn around and fly (well, ya know, as much as gramma can fly) home.  Sunday was 7.5 mi but 4 of those had a LOT of walking with an RB, then Yoga Sculpt.  This morning was 4 with the fast girls.  I was ambushed!  Had plans with one and two more showed up.  I wasn’t on the other text thread.  April Fools on me!  Ah well, I survived.  Legs are pretty toast now, though.  Planning my last free Yoga Sculpt tomorrow.  And, am pretty sure I’m going to buy 10 sessions.

Kinda boring but pretty relaxing weekend.  Lots of AWESOME basketball!  Both games yesterday were crazy.  March Madness at it’s finest.  Otherwise, I’m dull.

Lizzie – awesome run as usual for you.  Glad you had a fun weekend with the bridesmaids!  That’s cool that everyone ended up picking the same style.  Yum on the sushi dinner last night.  Oooh, exciting getaway this weekend.  Is this the same place you guys went to before?  Good luck with the travel this week!  Hoping HCF is doing okay on the night shifts.  Ooof.

Lisa – wowzers on your weekend running!  Man, that Saturday weather must have been COLD.  Laughing at the selfie with the monkey. Haha  I’m actually very surprised how much I’ve been liking the yoga.  I’ve only gone to sculpt.  Might try the hot power fusion.  The heat kinda makes me nervous, though.  And, yes!  They are so nice.  I don’t know what it is but at the end of every class Namaste gets me all in the feels.  Oh, and I agree with the others, I feel bad for your friend having to slog solo when she wasn’t expecting that.  That other chic??  I don’t like her.  At all.

Kat – how did your photo shoot go at the zoo?  Hey, thanks for the input on justifying the spend on yoga.  I guess you are right, I don’t go out.  Ever.  Sad, really.  So, it’s money well spent on my body and mental health?  Haha that’s what I’m going with anyway.

Carol – welcome back from NZ!!  Sounds like an amazing trip.  Glad it all worked out.  Sorry for getting sick!  I had a smoker’s cough for almost two weeks when I returned.  Figured I picked it up on the airplane.  OMG, I, too, am SO GLAD I’m not running the full at GC!  We will have a blast!

Damaris and Karen – ummmmmm no to the sickness!!  Although, you could get it out of your system before GC so that might be okay?

Tessa – haha on trespassing and being chased by a golf cart.  Hilarious.

Ginny – happy to see you are still planning on GC!  Will be fun to meet you!

I’d be TOTALLY up for shirts at GC!!

Gatsby – WOOHOO on AG and killer 55K.  You impress the heck outta me, lady.  Excited to meet ya at GC.

Have a good Monday!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!    At least I am working from home today, taking DD to the orthodontist later.  She is doing well after her oral surgery, they gave her basically the equivalent of Tylenol and Advil to take for 5 days, she wanted to stop taking it after 2 days.  She is tough!  5 miles for me on Saturday and 12 with 5 at half marathon pace yesterday.  Outdoor runs, though the temps dropped back into the 20's.  Yesterday there were also 20 mph winds, so a "feels like 11".  It made those half marathon pace miles rough!  Well, I will be ready if it's a "feels like" 11 at Glass City.    My physical went well!  I was told the skin on my back looks very nice.  

Lizzie, nice running lately!  Sounds like you had a great time with the bridesmaids, and awesome that they all agreed on the dress!  I actually had pizza for lunch on Saturday, we met my sister and her fiance.  I made up for the pizza lunch with soup for dinner.    Oops, I also had popcorn at the movies.    Big congrats on 50 days!  Too bad you have to reschedule those appointments, especially the dentist.    HCF's work schedule really SUCKS!  The weekend getaway sounds awesome though, and much needed for you and HCF!  The wedding invite thing, I think you should get what makes you happy.    The wording on our wedding invite was our names, then "together with our parents (parents names listed) invite you to be with us as we begin our new life together".  But our names were first.  

Sue, welcome back and congrats on the new GB!  Small baby, that was the size of DD when she was born.  

Damaris, hope you get the run in outside!  Nice long run this weekend!  I assume you are feeling better?

Margaret, AWESOME job on the 55k this weekend!  You rock!  I hope the dentist visit goes smoothly and quickly!

Karen, I hope that you are not getting sick!

Carol, I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip!  We talked about shirts for GC.  Is there interest?  I could look into it!

Ginny, glad you are doing well!

Tessa, sounds like an interesting 10 miler!    Not sure what I will do after my goal marathon in October.  DD said that I could travel somewhere for a race as my birthday present.  I prefer road races as that is what I normally train on, I haven't run more than a half on trails.  But I could also do a leisurely trail race.  

Lisa, awesome miles last month!  Fireball and moonshine station?    I'm glad Shannon did well but awful about the "friend" that ditched her!

Sandy, I will add Rise to my list of books!  Funny what you can learn on YouTube.  DD picks up a lot from YouTube videos!  I am reading An Anonymous Girl now, also finished What She Knew.  They are good!  Before we had our support team in Manila, I had to talk to people in the middle of the night during support calls.  They would always want to chit chat!  I think they are bored.    Most of the time it was really annoying, though there was a really nice guy at a warehouse near New Orleans that I enjoyed talking to, he had an interesting accent and sounded like Harry Connick Jr. 

Cathy

Seloc

Cathy - man, SUPER impressive run yesterday in that cold wind!  Dang, it was chilly.  I saw a memory pop up on FB that told me a year ago today it was 12*.  And, 9 years about today it was 81*.  I wish it was 9 years ago!  haha Thanks for the book recs!  I was able to put them on request.  OMG, YES on the overnight guys wanting to chat.  That has happened during on-call multiple times.  I *think* I have managed to put an end to THAT.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, the Handwriting Class is for cursive, but you can also do some analysis from printing.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday all the rain froze over with snow on top so Sunday Buddy and I did not meet.

Today I did a 50 minute TM run & fast walk. Finally, we are getting the Shingrix shots in our area so I went down to my drug store and got it and a Pneumococcal shot as well.

Happy runs, All !  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Awe, congrats on the new grandbaby!! I loved the picture you posted on FB! YAY for moving in!!

Docket – Enjoy the run with different scenery 😊

Margaret – UGH on the dentist.

Sandy – Nice job with the run this weekend! Oh boy on the run surprise. Not sure if that is good or bad? 😊 Awesome on buying additional yoga sculpt classes! Glad you found a class you really like. Have you ever tried the Barre classes? My SIL was telling me that she loved them and she felt like she got more definition. IDK. I have to see if my gym offers it. Nothing wrong with a boring weekend! This weekend we are going to the same area as we did before, but different house. Should be fun!! This will be our first trip without smoking..should be interesting.

Cathy – Nice running the past couple days. You did great on your run yesterday. Sounds cold 😊 I hope DD’s apt goes well! Poor thing. Wait, did your doctor tell you the skin on your back looked nice? LOL. Interesting. Yeah, you see – I think my mom wants her name first. Whatever. Traveling for races is always fun 😊 I am trying to decide what I want to do next year besides Lakefront!

Judy – I bet Sunday Buddy is not happy about this cooler weather!! Your arm is going to be sore tomorrow! Worth it 😊

Training is DONE! I won't be "on my own" until Friday afternoon probably. Bummer. I am going to travel tomorrow and meet 2 other Facility Managers for some training on inspections. Hopefully traveling Wednesday, but that depends if I get my badge. Sigh. Just eager to get GOING!!

Anywho..I am done for the day so I am going to run to the grocery for salmon. YUM YUM. Heading to abs class afterwords. Have a good afternoon everyone!

Anonymous Guest

Ten miles run, kitchen cleaned, laundry done, groceries purchased. We finally bought security cameras for our house (right now one for the front door, one for the driveway/street and one for the backyard, but may add one inside to watch the dogs and yell at them when they get into things), and they were delivered a little bit ago. DH is working from home because he had a dentist appointment this morning (not sure I understand the logic there, but whatever), so I am now getting the play by play of him updating the firmware, setting up the account, installing the batteries, etc. etc. etc. I'm just over here trying to eat and catch up on the internet....sigh. On the plus side, he bought some grout cleaner on Amazon that was delivered yesterday and it does a really good job. He's amazed by how good of a job it does, and has already cleaned most of the living room floor. Hoping his amazement carries through to the kitchen, dining room and entryway.

Liz, great run this morning! We were in the upper 30s overnight and in the 40s when I ran today. The weather makes such a huge difference. Your life is so exciting lately, with the wedding plans, the new job, the weekend trip, the still not smoking, the bridesmaids all picking the same dress style, SO MUCH GOOD STUFF!

Susan, congrats on the new grand baby! So fun Ann Marie and Cameron will grow up together.

Carol, glad to have you back in the country. The trip sounds like it was great, but yeah, being with all those people the whole time would start to get old.

Gatsby, congrats on another ultra, another AG placement, another weekend of being awesome.

Damaris, hope the weather is nice for you this week and you're able to get some outside, not melting miles.

Sandy, look at you getting the miles in. I thought of you this weekend because you try new things like Yoga Sculpt. My neighbor told me about it. It's an app called Class Pass and you get credits every month that you can use for pretty much any workout place. It's something like $59/month, but she said you download and start with 26 or 28 credits, and you can then cancel before they ever bill you. Depending on the place workouts are 2-6 credits.

Cathy, that 12 w/ 5 at HMP in that weather - wow. I was impressed when I saw it on Strava, and that was before I heard the weather. I've had Anonymous Girl on hold at the library for about a month, it's apparently pretty popular here. I just got The Huntress, the new book by the author of The Alice Network. Looking forward to that one. And I bought Meb's new book, but haven't had a chance to read it because I keep getting library books.

Judy, bummer the weather was bad Sunday, but I kind of want Ohio to stay cold for another month so the marathon in Toledo is good......sorry.

Okay, this took forever. Thanks DH for interrupting my thoughts about a million times. Oh, almost forgot, we started watching Orphan Black over the weekend. Still on season one but it's really good so far.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Oh, and yes, I'm feeling better. I think I must have just been worn out for sitting outside and shivering for three hours the day before!

And one more thing - after messages and voicemails and missed calls, I finally talked to the dog trainer yesterday. Dogs are booked for the last two weeks of June (while we go on vacation). I'd have done it sooner, but it makes the most sense to do it when we're going to be gone and paying for boarding anyway. Plus if I'm home and they're gone, I'll miss them more! $800/dog for two weeks, and the kennel we take them to would be between a thousand and 1100 just for two weeks of boarding. He gets really good reviews and my neighbors loved him. Not to mention their Doberman is so well behaved now. Kind of a no brainer.

Arimathea

Tessa

Better than last year when Easter Sunday was April Fool's Day.

Susan, congratulations on grandbaby Cameron's arrival! Did you get all your gear packed up? I imagine you shouted "she's in labor!" as you headed out the door and everyone knew what was going on.

Karen, inquiring minds want to know: what is the grout cleaner? I have Mexican pavers in my hall, dining area, and kitchen, and the last time I scrubbed the grout thoroughly was...um...remember when we did Shadow? Just before that. Yes I have mopped my floor many times since then, but I haven't scrubbed it.

Liz, glad you are finished with training!

Cathy, good for DD not taking too many painkillers. Hmm. You get to go somewhere for a race for your birthday? And you're looking for something near the end of the year? Maybe California International Marathon in Sacramento? Very fast course.

Damaris, good luck in South Carolina.

Margaret, I'm chortling over the Marathon Investigation prank also. I think he's giving the ladies too much credit. To find a book and remove pages to prove they got to the various check points, they would have to a) know what a book is and b) be able to locate the correct page...

Sandy, I would imagine the yoga sculpt and other yoga classes are popular because you get a chance to get warm!

Judy, I figured the handwriting class might be mostly for cursive. And while you could possibly analyze printing done with a pen, I really doubt you can analyze printing done with a laserjet...which is what the younger generation mostly uses.

2.6 miles this morning, then 3.4 at the gym at lunch. Goal this month is to get to the gym at least 8 times.

Anonymous Guest

This stuff link. It's not cheap, but it works great. You just squirt it on the grout, wait 5-10 minutes, brush it, then mop with clean water. Pretty easy. Pictures don't do it justice, plus I didn't get a before of the worst, but here's a before and after.

Except for wood floors in the office and carpet in the master bedroom, our entire first floor is tile. And with two people and two dogs, it was getting pretty dirty even with regular mopping. From what DH could figure out, the main ingredient seems to be a degreaser, so he found an old bottle of Simple Green in the garage and tried that, and it did just about as good.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.6 miles. Did not sleep well all weekend, so really dragging today.

CrazySue, congrats on the new grandbaby!

AnonymousGuest, floors look good!