Womens Running

Will you be my VALENTINE WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with short intervals. I've been waking up at 5am this week, alarm is set for 5:45, so I don't fully go back to sleep, but get up super groggy. Of course, next month when the clocks move forward, this won't happen. DH and I are going out tomorrow night.

Lizzie, enjoy your time with HCBF.

CrazySue, that cake sounds amazing.

Kilmisters, that's dedication to watch the Olympics at 3am.

AnonymousGuest, hope your dad is ok.

Isn't there also some bargaining when St. Patrick's Day falls on a Friday during Lent? People want exceptions for corned beef & cabbage.

Docket_Rocket

10 miles for me. Harder than it should have been. I don't have high hopes for my March 3 marathon, so I guess it's good I have them scheduled for April and May as well. My sister messaged me this morning that my dad, who has been having health issues on and off since the pneumonia in October, is being admitted to the hospital today for an irregular heartbeat. It sucks being far from family sometimes.

Plan for the rest of the day is super exciting - I'm going to eat some lunch and then clean the bathrooms - woohoo! Tomorrow DH is making his once a week trip into the office.....yes, I am looking forward to that.

Liz, enjoy your time with HCBF tonight! Ruger will be fine. The first time we boarded Riley I admit I was worried about him. I emailed the kennel after a few days to check on him and she replied with "he's having a great time, just wondering why daycare never ends." Ah, taper. That first week isn't really much of a taper, and you are correct for the rest, decrease the miles but keep some intensity.

Judy, sounds like it most definitely isn't November anymore and spring is thinking about making an appearance!

Susan, oh my that cake sounds amazing. Trying to remember how far of a drive it is and not just jumping in the car to go get me some. Silly dogs.

Elina, sounds like a fun evening for you tonight. Skeleton looks really cool, I will root for Latvia.

Sandy, glad you stayed upright on the run. I have seen king cake, but I don't know that I've actually ever eaten it. And if I have, I know I've never gotten the baby.

Damaris, you are NOT getting sick again! Poor hubby, mine is just finally getting over his flu. I think I hear daily about how the timing has messed up his entire race schedule because he has lost all his fitness and he should be building right now.

Cathy, well, I rotate 6 pair of shoes, so it's not like I'm out. But my 2 favorite pair that I use for most of my longer runs are getting up there in mileage. I've probably got a couple more weeks before they're done, but with 2.5 weeks until my marathon I need to get a replacement in there soon. I remember Jump Rope for Heart, how fun! Oh dear on moving from CA to WI. That's going to be a wake up call.

Kathryn, you'll be fine. You will do what you do, which is just keep going. And it will be beautiful and sometimes it will suck and sometimes it will be awesome. And you will be glad you did it.

Hoping your dad is OK.  Keep us posted, please!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page