Womens Running

Woozy Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K easy to keep Amy company during her LR and so I don't have to do it Friday on the TM.

RR#2 - got an email from head pace bunny that said the 2:05 cont pacer (which is right in my wheelhouse, 5:55/km)  had dropped out so I emailed to switch, but then got another email from the RD listing all the available pacers and 2:05 had been delisted already, so I guess I'm stuck with 2:15.

RR#3 - may have talked DH into doing a 10K..because there is a 1K kids race associated with it that B did last year and liked.  I won't be doing this race because it is the week before my marathon.

TR - was at daycare lady's house yesterday for the first time since starting school.  I usually send him over wearing 2 coats but didn't yesterday and thought I could also get away without diapers.  Well daycare lady sent me back home rather coldly for diapers and she told DH that I was to send B over dressed appropriately..DH said it wasn't said in a nasty tone but we all know daycare lady never gives messages to me like that with good intentions.

FR - chinese sausage fried rice

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR- hmm, we will see

NRR - DH came home from soccer throwing up.  His first question whenever this happens is "How is everyone else feeling?"  I feel like that means "Did your cooking make me sick?"

NRR2 - 12wk dating ultrasound today.  Is it bad that I am dreading it?  I hate that feeling of my bladder about to burst into pieces and I am afraid I will pee my pants.

KR - DD2 needs to sleep in a little more.  I went to bed late last night and then ended up on the couch b/c of DH.  He volunteered to sleep on the couch, but I didn't want all of his germs on the couch, it's easier to clean the bed sheets.  Then DD2 was up crying multiple times and then she decided that 5am was a reasonable time to get up in the morning.

FR - was supposed to be roasted veggie pasta, but we will see how DH is feeling.  I also have some soup kicking around.

Erniegirl

RR - 10k with strides. The weather app on my phone has a big red alert on it, so it's clearly really cold out, but I am not even going to check to see what the temperature is.

TR - I don't know if it's the terrible twos, or just that she was grumpy yesterday because she was congested and hadn't slept well, but she was a holy terror all day long. Reasons she threw tantrums included: she wanted to leave the library program and go into the main part of the library, I wouldn't let her pull all the books off the shelf, I coloured a carrot orange when she wanted me to colour it purple, it was windy out, I tried get her to eat lunch, I wouldn't let her throw shoes around the shoe store, she had to wait a minute for the Brita to finish filtering water, it was bedtime, I would not give her goldfish crackers when she woke up at midnight. Worst!

FR - Steak frites, sauteed spinach.

NRR - My computer is SO SLOW this morning. It's driving me crazy.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Ugh, I need to go back to bed.  Between the dog and the kid, I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

RR:  5 miles some time today.  I tried to make it to Sbux, but it wasn't happening.  5:30 came too early.

KR:  Speech at 11 and Dentist at 2:30.  Busy day today.

NRR:  Two more days before bossman leaves for vacation!

FR:  Subway.  Healthy I know.

beckykay

Zorbs:  Ugh, your Daylady is a piece of work.  The only way PT works is if she is willing to follow through as well.

Eh:  Boo on DH getting sick and thinking it is you. I do the same to DH though since he cooks more and is not the best housekeeper.  I often worry about cross contamination.

Ernie:  My computer is moving at a glacial pace this morning.  I just want to chunk it out the window.

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by a little over 5 windy miles this morning. Brrr. It was blowing snow, yuck.

TR: went pee on the potty twice yesterday on his own, and kept dry underpants all afternoon.

NRR: DH is pissy at me and I have no idea why. Nor am I going to grovel and ask him about it. Be a big boy and tell me what's wrong. If I had to guess he's just grumpy because he's worked 10 days in a row, but who knows?! Men. Ugh.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 2 on the TM + lifting legs last night. Did bridges on the bosu balancer thing last night and my buns are tired!

TR: I was really cranky with him last night for being rowdy and not listening. He went to his godmother's while I went to the gym.

FR: Sweet and sour pork tenderloin, stirfry, brown rice. Tonight will be something easy probably, then roasted turkey breast tomorrow.

NRR: DH came home with some bad news. His manager misinformed him about how to bill union negotiation hours on his timecard, and he was coding it as overtime and it shouldn't have been. We might have to pay back his employer a few thousand dollars depending on if they want to go after it or not. Gah! Just what I need right before I'm about to make our first big mortgage payment Sad

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Didn't your DH think a 10k was too far, but has done an 8k? lol

Eh- when I did my U/S they did the part that required a full bladder really quickly and then let me go pee before they finished it. My boss's wife peed on the U/S exam table.

Ernie- I hate days like that Sad

Becky- my boss is leaving Friday for vacation, too! I have a list of crap to catch up on. My computer is being super slow too.

RG- I usually say something on the lines of "I've had about enough of  your pissy attitude, and unless you want to fight about it, you need to tell me what's wrong so you can feel better, because I am done walking on eggshells around you".

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - the u/s I had on my due date was a lot worse.  B wouldn't move and I had to chug a bottle of ginger ale to try to get him to move..I wasn't thirsty.

ernie - I had almost forgotten what that random 2 y/o toddler stage was like, one of the kids at S's party kept dropping dirty napkins in my purse which I did not find terribly amusing.  B has his bad days but never has been total meltdown..I think things get a lot better when they hit the word explosion around 2.5 years.

becky - well she wanted the diaper to put him in for his nap.  Seriously, if I had my way, I'd ditch her completely and put B in preschool every day but that would be a LOT more $.

rg - unfortunately if I call DH out for being grumpy he points out (correctly) that I treat him just as badly or worse for no reason.

spike - I've had DH on a program where he runs 5k/8k/10k for his 3 runs, so he is starting to feel that 5 is short and 10 is manageable.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs- hope your run went well today! bummer on the 2:05 pacer being filled already- that would have been perfect! Yay for another race for DH. does he have any interest in working up to a half? WTF daycare lady?!

Reh- ugh, I hope that no one else gets sick from DH. I hope your u/s went well today- so exciting to see the baby for the first time. The nice thing about the 20 week u/s is that they don't make you drink all of that water anymore. Sorry about the rough night with DD2 not sleeping. How old is she?

Ernie- lol- I was in denial about the weather this morning too. I knew it was going to be freeze-your-ass-off-cold, but I didn't want to look. DH walks into the kitchen and says, "wow, it's 9F and feels like -4F." Thanks buddy. Ugh, sorry about the toddler meltdowns yesterday- I hope she's much better today. Boo on the slow computer!

Becky- I hope you get a good run in today! When's your next race- Nike DC? Busy day for C today. Hooray for bossman leaving for vacation. Subway- tastes like yoga mat? Or so I read in an article. Ha.

spike- nice job on the workout last night! sorry R was being crazy last night- glad you were able to send him to his godmothers. Oh no on DH's OT pay! would they be willing to make out a payment plan if needed? I hope that they realize it's their mistake and don't penalize your DH for it.

DH and I have never actually had a fight- he typically stews for a day, then gets over it.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- DH and I fight very rarely, but he occasionally gets pissy or sulks and I have to drag it out of him.  DH said last time this happened to someone at work, nobody knew about it until the guy got a paycheck that was $0- he grieved it to the union because he was given no warning, so they set up a repayment plan for large installments. Either way, horrible timing for us. DH said that Payroll and HR said it was a huge hassle with that other guy and not worth it, but it was a different situation, they were pretty much intentionally falsifying their timecards. DH's current OT pay that needed a supervisor signature went to his immediate supervisor and got denied, when he checked on how to report those hours originally, it was to the supervisor's boss and got an incorrect answer, but it is specifically written into the union contract that the district will not pay OT for negotiations. I told DH to figure out what they need to do and we will roll with it, I would never want him to be pegged as dishonest.

Erniegirl

zorbs - Bummer, the 2:05 pacer group would have been great! That reminds me, I should look up my friend's bib number again to give you. I'm sure it's been assigned by now. Um, daycare lady thinks B is not dressed appropriately unless he is wearing two coats? I don't think I've ever dressed S in multiple coats.

eh - Hope the ultrasound went well! I always dreaded ultrasounds because they are uncomfortable and kind of creepy, and I would get anxious that they were going to find something wrong.

becky - Does 5:30 ever not come too early?  I want to throw my computer, too! I have no patience for computer slowness. Sometimes I try to remember how slow things were back in the dial up internet days, but it just seems unfathomable to me now!

rg - Sounds like R has pretty much decided to PT himself. Smart boy! Ugh on the man grump, hope he snaps out of it.

spike - My thought was that they would probably let your DH pay back the wages in installments, which it sounds like they did for that other guy. My former employer once accidentally paid us all our Christmas bonuses twice and they were going to arrange to have us all pay back the mistaken duplicate deposit, but then we lucked out and they never got around to it

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15