Womens Running

Is Wednesday Is Ready For Us? (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Let's hope so. Big grin  Post away!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I left work a little early, did two errands and then went down to the park. I got in 40 minutes out on the trail. Weather was a little cool for a short sleeved tech shirt but the long shorts (knee length) worked fine.

Today will be a run down in the park and out the trail. I’ll do the same shorts but a long sleeved tech shirt.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Judy...not sure I am ready for Wednesday.  We have all new copier, fax, scan, multi-functional machine at work and the patrons are having so much trouble with it, and so are we!!!   It is supposed to be self service, you know what that means!!!!  It has just been nuttier than usual at work.

Thanks all for the comments about my race.....still wish I could speed up, I have to learn that it doesn't really matter, but hard to change my thinking.  Guess I can't lose this competitiveness, keep hoping for that one time when the stars are all aligned right and I run like the wind!  What I do like is that I am thinking of making this race an annual affair, no thoughts at all that I won't be doing this in years to come.

Tessa....I think about you every day and feel bad.  It must be so hard to try and do everything that you are asked to do these days.  I know you are a strong woman, but strong women need breaks too.  Thank goodness you are able to go out and run.  Take care of yourself.

Lisa....wish I could do something for you about that darn knee!  Are you feeling progress???  Congrats on the Tigers clinching the AL Central, but watch out for those Indians, we just might win that Wild Card!

Sorry I did not get to everyone, but I have to get ready for work.....still thinking of retirement

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.6 on my favorite hilly neighborhood.

Tessa oh gees. I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this.

Morning Ginny and Judy

Marjorie

LC Runs

Yeah for Wednesday...that means only 7 more work days at current job  Big grin

4,5 dark miles, met up with a girlfriend which made it even more fun.

I have a head cold raging right now, ugh, am really pumping the Vitamin C.

Judy - have a great one

Ginny - oh boy, the dreaded new equipment, makes life more difficult if you ask me!

Marjorie - great 10.6!

Anonymous Guest

Yesterday went pretty well. I think I'm going to like working there. Most of it was just sitting in meetings absorbing information. My boss introduced me in the first general session, so those dreaded half hour breaks between meetings weren't so bad, because members would come up and introduce themselves since I was new. Benefit to a small association, I guess. And the reception wasn't bad, a couple of the staff made a point to introduce me to others, and at the end of the night I ended up in a conversation with two coworkers and a consultant that had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I almost went out to dinner with them, but it was late and yesterday was DH and my 19th anniversary, so I felt a little bad leaving him alone to eat baloney sandwiches or cereal for dinner. I got to see my office (I have a window, but we're only on the second floor, so I see the building across the street and the street), and a couple members offered to give me tours of their facilities, which I jumped on (assuming the travel would be approved, which it seems like it would be). Tiring day, but good.

Today I'm going to try to get my long run done for the week. Since I'm doing my last tune up race on Sunday instead of Saturday, I want to get Sunday's planned long run done ahead of time. And I'd like to do well in the race (it's the Cody's Crew 5K), so I want to keep in my two easy days before the race, which leaves either today or tomorrow for the long run. It's a beautiful day, so I may as well run 17 miles.

Tessa, I'm so sorry that exactly what you thought would happen by bringing DH home is happening. It is just awful that he is allowed to be at home and be so horrible to you. He can't stand up because of years of neglecting his health, and now not even trying PT and not always taking his meds...and in his mind this is your fault, because you're not strong enough to pick up a grown man after he falls??? I'm sorry about the names I'm calling him in my head right now, but it just makes me so angry that he is treating you that way. Take care of yourself and keep running.

Ginny, that competitiveness makes you human. You're right, it doesn't really matter, but that doesn't stop us from wanting to do better.

Good morning Judy, Marjorie and Laura!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!   Hit the snooze but still had time for 4.8 miles this morning.

Truck is STILL in the shop!!  Wrong part AGAIN.  They've had it since Friday, DS2 has my car, and DD is driving me back and forth to work, which is not a big deal since we our jobs are close together and we have the same schedule.  Tonight is knitting.  I will not miss knitting!!  I told the mechanic that if the part didn't come in today to just put it back together because I needed it tonight.  They have been trying to get the evaporator for the A/C (very necessary for south MS) and have gotten the wrong part twice.

Tessa--so sorry about your evening.  Does DH have dementia?  My grandfather (who was the kindest man) became quite hostile as his Alzheimers progressed.  Or, has he always been like that?  There has got to be some answer to the care giving problem.  You can't be expected to just "deal with it".

Have a smiley day everyone!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, sorry they screwed up the order again. Yes, I agree that AC is necessary.

Yes, DH has dementia, not too far along at this point but it is progressing. Good thing that he's not strong enough to wander. I don't have to worry about his turning the stove on and forgetting about it or getting out and wandering the neighbourhood.

Karen, sounds like the new job will be a good fit! And agreed, it seems abit mean to leave your DH alone on your aniversary. I agree with your assessment, he would eat a baloney sandwich or cereal for dinner -- or even some of Jake's kibble. He seemed to appreciate having dinner made but I would guess he would never think about cooking himself.

Ginny, sometimes the stars align, sometimes they don't. Making the race annual sounds like fun! Is there a full marathon as well, or is the half the longest distance for this event?

Marjorie, thanks. Glad you got to run in your favourite hilly nieghbourhood.

Laura, counting down the days!

Judy, long sleeves already? Not happening here!

No run this morning because RN and I don't meet on Wednesdays and since my sleep was interrupted I took the opportunity to snooze a bit longer. DH suggested I sleep on the couch so I could answer his calls more quickly. That is SO not happening. I am going to the gym at lunch.

Yay!  Truck is fixed!  Now to plan the  handoff for DS2.  He will have to figure it out.

Tessa--lol--you are definitely not sleeping on the sofa!

Zero gravity treadmill for 32 minutes!!! Walk to warm up and cool down but felt AMAZING!! Longest I've actually run since New Jersey Marathon in May. 55-60% body weight. Last Wednesday I was tearing up because I hadn't made any progress and this Wednesday tearing up since I got to run.  They said that i'll get on there every time and eventually get weaned off of the weightlessness. Then move to regular treadmill with them watching gait.

Went to dr yesterday and he said that all is looking normal, just moving slowly and taking longer than others do. Nothing that indicated anything else is torn. Gave me longer scrip for PT. Leg has been feeling a bit better now that we cut out the squat type of exercises.

Lisa

Got home from work early today... hooray!  Short tempo run with DH this morning then PowerBlast class tomorrow am.  Got a flu shot at work.  Not sure I really believe they work but why not, employer was paying for it.

Lisa, glad to hear your knee liked the zero gravity treadmill.  Progress!

Tessa, hope you got out to the gym at lunch.  Gotta take care of yourself.  And no, that definitely does not involve sleeping on the sofa.

CrazySue, glad your truck is finally back in working order.

Karen, so far so good on the new job!

LC, good luck beating the head cold.

Marjorie, nice hilly miles.

Ginny, boo on having to babysit patrons trying to use the new technology.

Judy, hope your trail run was nice.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR