Womens Running

Too Short Summer Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Trees are starting to turn colors here. Tight lips

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, my prayers and very best comforting thoughts to you and your family.

Monday I did 35 minutes on the track. I didn’t want to push too much since I did a long run Sunday. At home I did a 25 minute cardio DVD.

Today will be about the same pattern but less time if all goes as planned.

A friend at work recommended olive oil and lemon juice as a salad dressing and it worked great last night! I've had allergic problems with salad dressing since the tomato-pepper fiasco. I'm avoiding those still.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

SRD, but planning on Fusion class tonight.  I ended up missing last night because of a school meeting I forgot about.

Got a rejection call from the Home Health recruiter, apparently they filled the position internally.  Ugh, waited a month for that.  Don't understand why companies do that, just fill the position from within in the first place.  Kind of annoyed that they called my references, all which are from my current place of employment.

On a good note, I talked to a friend of mine (her son is friends with my son) who works at the company I'm interviewing with Thursday, she is really excited and thinks I have a good shot at it.  She has been there 15 years and loves her job.  So, fingers crossed.

Judy - I've noticed the leaves changing here, too - makes me sad.  I will have to try that salad dressing!

ginnyb

Morning,

Judy....boo, hiss on the trees changing already!

LC....oh so sorry about the job.  Our library does that too, advertises for employees and then hires from within, guess it is normal.  Keeping fingers crossed for the other job.

Terrible 3 miles this morning.  Legs felt really tired and I kept feeling sick to my stomach.  Oh well, it happens.  Still getting a nagging pain right in the middle of the back of my right thigh.  Marjorie??  any words of wisdom for me?  Only hurts when I run or after I am inactive for a while and then get up to walk.   I have been using my stik, but I am pressing as hard as I can in the particular spot and when I do that I cannot feel the pain at all, so it must be really deep.  ugh!

Go in at 11:30 this morning, going to try to get a pedi before, I need one badly.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hi!  Had a great 6 mile run this morning.  We are having a slight cool snap and it was really nice out.  There is a group here that has started running, but they had already left by the time I got there.  I think they are only doing 2-3 miles though.  I did pass them as they were returning.  Even though I did not run with them, it is just nice to see familiar faces out there.

IDK why I was so tired last night, but I went to bed at 8:45.  I could barely keep my eyes open as I was knitting.

Tessa--Hang in there.  If DH isn't able to do the basics, it really is safer for him to remain at the nursing home/rehab center.  Hugs to you!!

Marjorie--my evil stepmother kept my Dad out of our lives for many years.  I think he was afraid to rock the boat, so he did what she wanted.  It was actually a relief to everyone (especially Dad) when they divorced.  I hope your Dad will find his way back shortly.  It is frustrating.

Laura, sorry about the job.  Hope the other one works out for you.

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Another full court day.  I am tired!  8 miles with 5 X 800m tonight.

judyruns, trees are starting to turn colors there while I still get high 90s.  Weird world.

LC Runs, enjoy the rest day and the Fusion class.

Ginny, sorry about your tough run.  Hope you feel better soon.

Sue, nice 6.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Didn't sleep well last night so I've been tired all day. I did get my run in - 9 miles with 10x100. We're back to hot and humid weather here unfortunately, so I will have to get an earlier start tomorrow for my 15 miles.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone. Another busy day.

I did run this am did 12.4 miles.  Was tempted to end at 12.3 for that 123 thing but went the extra tenth.

Hammy just got back from the vet.  I looked at his paw this am as he was still limping and shouldn't be anymore if he had just flared his knee.  He had some growth in between the pad on the back right paw.  DH took him to the vets.  He has a wart.  He will have it surgically removed next week.  Poor guy.  At least it isn't anything terrible and we know why he is limping.  Still, he has to deal with so much.

Hard to believe it is already nearly fall, Judy

Laura well boo, but good luck on the next job opportunity.

Ginny hmm.  Does the pain shoot in the leg or just in the middle of the thigh?  If just the middle of the thigh and no back pain or pain shooting down the leg, probably just a knot in the hamstring. So more rolling with the stick.

Thanks Sue.  I'm hoping too.  At least he did send the 16 yo a card and some money.  I did ask my SIL last night to make sure.  I don't think he is realizing that he is pushing people away.  I know when twins kids find out that he didn't even ask if they wanted to go to his alma matters football game in Sept and he is taking her grandkids instead they will be hurt.  They used to go to football games with him all the time so this doesn't make sense.  Plus he hasn't gone back to University of Akron for a home coming game EVER.  It would have been a chance to show them where he did his bachelors degree etc.  Makes me sad.

Karen we are back to hot and humid too

Marjorie

ginnyb

thanks Marjorie, no shooting pain, so will keep rolling.  That is so sad about your Dad, hope he comes around before it is too late.

Tessa....sorry you still have so much to deal with, but DH certainly cannot come home in his present condition, not fair to him or you.  You take care of yourself..

We are back to hot and humid too....oh wait a minute, we never did get hot and humid ( well briefly one week in July)  Figures summer has arrived just in time for the kids to go back to school.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

It is full summer now here. 100 is the predicted high today.

4 miles with RN this morning, hearing about the 50K she did last Saturday and pacing a friend through a 100 miler the previous weekend, then I dropped off a prescription for DS and did another 4 while it was being filled. Still fairly cool at that hour.

I had a talk with the charge nurse and social worker last night. DH very much wants to go home. (Argumentatively, forcibly, cantankerously so.) I broached the subject of hospice and both the nurse and the social worker said that if it was their family member then they would be likely to do so. I know we can't get 24-hour care at home, however, if we can bring DH home and have support I think we could make that work for a while. Hospice would also come into the SNF, but DH would much rather be at home.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ginny hope the rolling helps

Tessa Hospice is a good idea.  Just to have the support etc.  many prayers and hugs

Marjorie

Tessa-hugs. hope you can find peace.

Busy beginning of school here with car pool set up and freshman drama (not really since this is Kaite). I go back on Thursday to dr. since it's been a full 2 weeks since cortisone shot with absolutely no change. Pretty much beyond being frustrated so just hanging in there. Have surprisingly lost the weight I had gained since not running (9 pounds) so that's good. Unfortunately I can rightly assume that I've lost muscle mass but it will help once I get moving again to not be more over weight and to have better eating habits. Just feel like summer never really happened for me. No hot sweaty runs early in the a.m. or crazy trail distances. Hopefully next year. On the other hand things do happen for a reason. I've gotten to spend more time with dd who is at the age where it makes a big difference. Proximity and quantity of time is so different than with first 2 girls so I'm appreciating that. 2 hours can go by with nothing said then she'll talk about her day but if I wasn't present for all of that time we would never get there. Silver linings.

Heading up North to hometown for Labor Day weekend. 2 dd's are going too. Not the TX one. Will have a Sonoma wedding redux in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Will be fun.

Lisa