Womens Running

We Rock WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Just a friendly reminder Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me!

Ah, that felt really good. Felt good to get some "distance". I know 8 really isn't considered "distance" - but compared to the lower mileage I have been doing lately - its distance Smile Was awesome! I was thinking how awesome this felt in the nice...cool...28 degree weather. In a few months its going to feel like torture. I am going to have to start carrying water..using salt tablets..BLAH. LOL. 

Slept a little better but was still up a good 30 minutes before my alarm. I should have just gotten up but I just laid there. I have this crazy annoying eye twitch in my left eye. I am sure its a combination of fatigue and stress but its annoying!!! OH..so last night I found my first GRAY HAIR.  Then this morning when I was straightening my hair (I straighten in sections) I saw SO MANY GRAY HAIRS. How have I missed this!? I turn 31 and it all goes down hill. 

Run4kupcakes – Never too early to go to bed haha.

Laura – Hope your DS is doing a little better today. That is great that they had an assembly addressing it today – bring awareness! Nice miles yesterday!

Margaret – OMG people were running through the train gates?! That is crazy!!! I bet its hard to plan a race around the train schedule..or maybe just don’t have the race go over the track! Hope you had something good for dinner Smile

Sandy - I had a random thought this morning. What kind of shoes do you wear for your runs? I have never seen you mention them! Weird thought - I know. The things that go through my head when im straightening my hair. Maybe because I am going to buy some shoes today hahaha.

Cathy - Thought of you this morning because its pie day! And you said you would eat pie today Smile

Happy Wednesday!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I don't feel like I rock. I stayed in bed and I'm still tired AF.  I have 7 miles and OTF tonight. Wish I would have run the 7 in the 50s but I really can't deal with this time change well.

Liz, nice run!  8 is considered distance right after a marathon.  In fact, it feels LONG when you first do it again. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning!!  Did core this morning. Foot is a little sore, so I figured a RD was in order. Hopefully I can pick up new shoes tonight. I think that is part of the problem. I slept funny and my shoulder hurt so bad. Stretching helped.

Ginny--oh no about DS! Sounds like he is doing well.

Have a great day!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, your DS has had a lot of things going on in his life. My very best wishes for his health improvement.

Tuesday I got loads of things done and hope to do more today. I did 50 minutes of cardio dvd work as well as grocery and going to get DC’s mail. I'm really getting a lot of things done. Even some tech stuff with my computer.

Today I hope to run before I start a few errands.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, I'm ROFLMAO about the grey hairs. I colored mine for years to cover the grey...got mine in my late 30's but finally just gave it up.  When I got diagnosed with Graves Disease I was afraid of the chemicals in the hair color.

Margaret there are trains all over the place here...if you run in ANY of the little towns there's bound to be a train.  Not much you can do about it.

Cathy, we're doing Pi day here at work too!  I like cake better but I do like Pi also.  Course I like most desserts.

R4K, I'm usually in bed reading by 8:30 during the week.  Sometimes I just go ahead and go to sleep.  I like sleep like I like desserts.

Damaris I'm going to go with you on the time change causing me to be tired.  Nothing else has changed so that has to be it.  I wish they'd just leave things alone.  I don't like driving in the dark either.  Stupid deer are out.  And how is DH doing?

Ginny, my best for your DS, he's been through a lot.

Laura, how is your DS?  I'm glad the school did an assembly but hope they continue to improve.  Mental health has become a big problem that needs to be addressed.  Here in OK they are having budget issues (figures) but one of the areas they are cutting is the mental health area and the news has been all over that. DD had some issues after the car accident but she got help at one of the area hospitals.  Scared me to death.

Well I'm NOT liking the forecast...33/55 60% chance of showers, wind N 15 mph.  Please think warm thoughts, at least for me...lol.  I'm sure the 100 and 50 mile runners will like those temps, at least until it rains.  I must have been drunk when I signed up for a spring race in KS.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, hoping DS is doing better

Susan, enjoy the rest.

Judy, enjoy the day.

Diane, yeah, it has to be it!  I love the temps, but those showers? ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Gatsby – ooooh calling HCBF DH.  I think that’s a sign!  You were only making dinner at 7:30pm??  OMG, I am thinking about bed haha.  And, no, it is NEVER too early to go to bed.

Laura – cold and windy AND after work??  You are my hero!  I would have been under the electric blanket.  Glad DS is doing okay.  Wow, first death experience and someone close to his age – that’s gotta be EXTRA tough.  Still sending thoughts and prayers.  So senseless and so very sad.

HCK – nope, it’s NEVER too early to go to bed IMO haha.  Glad most of the big weather missed you!

Lizzie – did you get the Netflix sorted?  I had to laugh because I avoid getting up if the kit kat is all snuggled in next to me.  Nope, not a fan of the phone but I’ll use it when I have to.  I never even talk to my sisters – though we group text daily.  Not feeling like I rock today but thanks for the reminder.  8 is distance in my world – way to rock it!!  LOL I saw your Insta story last night with your gray hair.  You are funny.  I’ve been hiding mine for YEARS.  As for shoes – I’m a stability chic.  Somewhat recently switched back to Brooks Adrenaline.  Was in Asic DS Trainers for 4 pairs prior but did NOT like the recent model.  Previous to that I was in Brooks Ravenna and didn’t like their next model.  Previous to that I was in the Adrenalines and now I’ve come full circle haha  I do not need tons of stability but it’s nice on the longer runs.

Karen – wow you were productive yesterday!  LOL about the mammary shelf.  I always wonder how on earth the person got that job.  And I also think – no man will ever get it!  LOL.  Safe drive to your parents and hope they can figure out what’s wrong with your dad.  That’s a long time to be sick!

Ginny – Hey, okay!  I’ll root for St. Bon!  And I see from Gatsby that they won – woohoo!  Ouch on the wrist.  Hope you get some answers today.  So sorry about your son!  Thoughts and good healing to him.

Damaris – I feel your “I don’t feel like I rock” pain!  Sorry, chica.  I’m tired AF, too.  Can’t wait for the week to be over.

Sue – I must have missed what happened to your foot.  Nice job getting core in this morning.

Judy – man oh man I hope I have half your energy when I retire.  Have a good run!

Diane – warm thoughts coming your way!  Still lots can change in 10 days.

Well, I’ve decided that it is not possible to teach coordination or athleticism.  Volleyball was dreadful last night.  It looked like it was their first time ever on the court.  That’s fine and all and as long as they are having fun I try to just sit back and watch.  What winds me up, however, is when they are communicating with fans in the stands and ambling on/off the court when substituting.  I hope they all have another passion cuz not a one is going to make it on a high school team.

I did not run this morning.  Had to be to work before 6:30am to deliver a training session for the night folks.  Had huge plans to get up at Lizzie/Tessa hour for some miles but it just didn’t happen.  Found out a young guy I used to work with died suddenly from complications of asthma.  30ish years old, first baby born a week ago.  Cannot stop thinking about him and his family.

And on that horribly sad note, I best get some work done.  Later…

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Pi Day!     I did get a berry pie for today.  We went out last night for margaritas and chips/salsa with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend.  Also met some old high school friends of DH and his brother.  It was nice, we left a little earlier because DH had to be on the job at 5:00 this morning.  Still out until 8:30, that's pretty late for me, haha.

Lizzie, I didn't sleep well either.  You would think a margarita would help, but apparently not.    Nice run!  8 miles is a lot.  Sorry about the gray hair.  My brother started getting gray in college.  So it doesn't have anything to do with age.     I get the twitchy eye a lot!  May have to do with your lack of sleep.  You're buying shoes today?  I ran a half marathon where a train stopped some people.  I didn't get stopped however.  Yeah, DH is still a partier.  We have some neighbors who are heavy duty partiers.  You would think they would outgrow that at some point!     I can understand why HCBF has a tough time with St Patty's Day being from this area.  It's a huge deal here.  DH looks forward to it for months!  Maybe because after Christmas/New Year's it's a long time before anything exciting happens in the Midwest.  It's just cold.  

Damaris, good luck with the 7.  I should be more tired than I am.  But I am not running.  

Sue, hope the new shoes help your sore foot!

Diane, someone also brought in donuts for work.  Too many sweets!    I hope it warms up for you!  Hopefully the showers hold off.  That makes a huge difference!  Smart about putting the spyware on DD's PC.  My kids do a lot on their iPads but they are not allowed to message and their apps are restricted because they are school iPads.  I know their passcodes.   Older DD has her own phone now but she doesn't lock it.  Interesting blog post.

Sandy, sounds like a typical recreational VB team.    Hope it is still fun for you!  Aww, that is really sad about that guy.  Really sad about his family.  You are like my older DD, she never pukes.  I think she puked once, and it was just a little spit up, not actual puke.     Sometimes DD tries to practice sports in the house, I strongly advise against it.    Haha, I bet running with the mean girls made you dream about Shalane and Kara!

Ginny, sorry about the issue with your wrist.  I hope it's better!  Sorry about DS also.  It sounds like he did not want to worry you and did a good job hiding it, don't feel bad!

Karen, ha, I have the same issue when I get the boob squishing!  Not much to squish.  

Margaret, wow on people running across the tracks in front of a train!  A race isn't that important.

Cathy

Seloc

OMG I forgot about Pi Day!  And, I'm a math major!  For shame.

Cathy - sounds like a fun night with margs and chips/salsa!  Oooh, I like your DH already.  What's his favorite poison - is he a beer guy? I was never a partier in high school/college (because of sports and lack of $$ to fund such haha) but have made up for it at times as an adult.  However, now I reign it in cuz gramma needs her sleep and usually has adulting to do the next day.  No time to waste a day in bed!  Haha - yep, for sure nothing to do in these parts from Christmas until St Pattys Day.  Some years it's been 70* and the first day you can actually be outdoors.  Everyone is happy from the long winter!

No pie here - I've been asking the guys why they didn't bring any.  They look at me like I have three heads because they didn't even know what Pi Day was.  

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, too funny about the grey hair, said someone with many many...  Great run.

Damaris, sorry you are so tired.

Sue, rest day sounds in order.  Hope the new kicks help.

Judy, enjoy your run and getting all your errands done.

Diane, what a bummer about the forecast, but it is a ways out still.

Sandy, I hope at least the girls are having fun with VB.  6:30 is an early start to the workday.

Cathy, sounds like a nice night last night.

Ginny, so sorry about your DS, he has been through quite a bit.

Bumming around morning here.  Trip to the craft store for some more/different clay.  Tried a bit last night and they were cute.  Official attempt today.  Verizon later.  Many of my pics didn't transfer, hoping they are on the old memory card.  Got the S9+.  Barely different than the S8+ which is what I had.

That's it ladies, I've got nothing!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Yo! 7 miles here this morning. Another beautiful day. I think we have one more cool morning before it starts staying warm overnight, just in time for my Saturday 10K. Laundry now, more chores outside later. And strength training workout #3. I am in an unusually good mood today - no idea why but I'll take it. According to facebook, it was three years ago today that Jake and I got in the car and started our 22-hour drive to Texas. Which I guess means tomorrow will be the third anniversary of my arrival. Time flies.

Ginny, your poor DS has been through so much lately. I'm glad that it's treatable. I can and can't believe he didn't tell you, he probably didn't want you to worry about him. But man, keeping that from mom had to be hard!

Liz, it is nice to get back up there in the mileage a bit, isn't it? I'm still trying to live under the delusion that my gray hairs are just blond from the sun.

Sandy, I was going to ask how the volleyball went last night, then read your post this morning. And laughed. I picture the Bad News Bears but in girls volleyball.

Damaris, I think I'm finally getting over the time change (and it really didn't affect me much since I don't work!), so hoping you start feeling better soon. I slept like a rock last night. Also played hard with the puppy last night, so instead of getting up at 5:15 he slept until after 6.

Susan, sounds like core and stretching was the right workout for you today.

Judy, it is funny how much stuff we can get done when left to ourselves, isn't it? I found out yesterday that DH is going to be out of town for work the week after I'm in Portland. Hoping to get so much accomplished then.

Diane, hoping that rain chance goes down. I find that here it seems like a lot of the time the chance of rain is pretty significant a week or so out, but as we get closer it tends to go down.

Cathy, enjoy the pie today! That makes sense about St. Pat's and the midwest. It's kind of a combination of nothing going on for months, and the weather usually starting to get a little better. And March Madness thrown in for fun. I'm running a 10K, but it's not a St. Pat's themed race, it just happens to fall on the day. I have a partying friend that was looking for a race but he wouldn't sign up for this one, he wanted one with drinking and partying, so is driving out to the far suburbs instead!

Kathryn, we're going to have to see the results of your crafty experiment, so make sure to take pics.

Text from Mom last night - they got to Rochester and their hotel no problem. Today the testing begins.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Another day in paradise over here...

Docket – I can’t deal with this time change either. UGH. Good luck on the 7 tonight!

Susan – Good luck getting the shoes! I remember you saying it was a pain in the butt to exchange them.

Judy – You are really adulting over there Smile

Diane – That is awful that they are cutting funds in the mental health area. Geez, that is where they need it the most! Spring in KS is probably normally warm I would think. Could be hit or miss like VA. I will think warm thoughts. Smile Like Sandy said, lots can change in 10 days!

Sandy – I didn’t even catch that Margaret called HCBF DH. LOL. Oh BOY. Haha. I group text with my brother and SIL all the time – even my parents! So you are a Brooks girl! Have you tried the Launch? I really like those! I use them as my walking Ruger shoes. I am sorry to hear about how volleyball went! Did you yell at them when they were talking to the fans and the lagging while substituting issue? Smile Awe, Sandy. I am so sorry to hear about the guy you used to work with. Wow. That is young..and a new baby?! That is awful Sad Don’t worry about not running! Having to be at work at 6:30am is EEARRLLLYYYY. I might have switched my days around to have it be a rest day. BTW…girl..you do ROCK. Even if you don’t feel it today, I will tell you over and over until you do Smile

Cathy – That would make sense why St Patricks day is such a big deal there! Smile Yeah, I am going to get new Waveriders before my next race..so I was thinking about just getting them today. I am surprised the Margarita didn’t help you fall asleep! Berry pie..mmmmm!!! School Ipads? Wow…do kids even write in cursive anymore?!?! Haha.

Kathryn – Let me know how you like the S9 – HCBF is considering getting that one. Hope your pictures can transfer! I am with Karen, take pictures of your crafts!!!

Karen – Nice 7!! Are you going to take advantage of the cool weather tomorrow? As in….run long?! So, would you come back to these parts? Wink Glad to hear your parents got there safely! Thinking about your dad!

Have a good evening ladies!

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, you're right, CML should be controllable with medication. Sorry he did not tell you, you are not a bad mom for not noticing. He is a grownup!

Sandy, how sad about the acquaintance of yours.

Cathy, trains do cut off races sometimes -- California International had that issue a few years ago with a train at mile 25 at about the 3:40 mark. The women in their 40s were mightily ticked off since they are the ones that were trying to BQ. I think the RD managed to get Boston to take this into consideration -- though this was back when Boston didn't fill for months after it opened.

Cool here and we are having some rain. March Miracle

4 this morning with RN. Glad to get out there. I signed up for Crater Lake and it has a hard 5:30 cutoff, I will need to drop some weight before then -- it is also at high elevation so that will make me slower.

Downtown Los Angeles is on lockdown.  #45 came to California for the first time since the election. He doesn't like us and the sentiment is heartily reciprocated.

The White House didn't do a good job of communications -- so what else is new? -- and so LAPD was scrambling to try to ensure security. The White House party opted to stay in the tallest hotel in Los Angeles, because of course only the highest-standing tower will do (compensate much? Or is the word compenisate?) and that happens to be right across the street from the busiest Metro station in the system, where four lines converge. We must all use the entrances furthest from the hotel. They didn't quite dare to close down the station. (No there isn't a Trump property in Los Angeles, he's been ticked at us since he wanted to buy the Ambassador Hotel for a new Trump hotel and the LA school district had first dibs on the site and bought it.)

The sooner he leaves the better. And the main reason for coming was to see the wall prototypes. Rather than building a wall, better they should build a good sewage treatment plant on the border between National City and Tijuana. That would have some positive effects.

Traffic is horrendous. Make America Great Again? More like Make America Late Again.

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Ugh, on your son’s health diagnosis.  He has had quite a time lately.  I am Sure you were blind sided by the news.  You are a good mom, and how could you have possibly known about it.   Have you started with new trainer yet?

Laura - That is so sad about the young man at your kid’s school.  You probably heard about the 16 y/o here this week.    It just seems like it is far too common lately.   Hoping we start seeing some Spring...weather looks good for St Pat’s race for you!

Karen - Hope all turns out ok for your Dad!

Sandy - You crack me up!!!  I always chuckle at your remarks Smile. Which marathon are you doing?

Lizzie - You make 8 sound like a walk in the Park.

Cathy - How is your foot?

Judy - You sound like a very busy lady!

Tessa -  LA sounds like a real cluster!  Nice early run for you!

Kat - What are you making?

Hill work last night, 6 today. Cold but sunny,

carol