Womens Running

Flying, Friends, and FUN Fridailies (Read 20 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ahhhh, Boston.  Well, the Boston Airport at least.  Vino Volo, nice little airport wine bar.  Yes, my friends have reminded me it is only 10:30am TX time, but hell, it is 11:30 here.   Rather nice Sauvignon Blanc.  Trying.To.Pace.Myself.  5 hours...

I SLEPT ON THE PLANE!  Nearly impossible for me without a bit of vino and a happy pill.  Was as refreshing as a plane nap can be.

Listening to two people here at the bar chat about Austin/Texas.  The woman is from the TX, and the guy is going to Austin for the weekend.  Go figure.

Lizzie, I am sure you will have a grand time regardless of the weather, of course sun is fun.  Mmm, couples massage.  Hmmm...  Sweet the girls like Ruger so much, makes it easier to leave them.  Kinda.

Sue, have fun with AnnMarie, you will have a great time.  Bummer about storms.

Elina, beer (or wine) always is a better time to do most things.  I hope you enjoy Karen's plan.  (Funny, I was typing and it auto corrected to Karen's PAIN.  Fortuitous?)

Diane, have a relaxing weekend.  Enjoy the remainder of your non-productive day!!  Check your mail, I sent the packet of Trail Toes the other day.  Just a little thing, but worth a try.

Karen, 98/100, meh, it is all the same - DAMN HOT!  I love getting online deals.  My mail person and UPS driver must think I am an addict.  Nice to know I have another 2 hour airport gal pal!!  I am even earlier for international.  I get a little wiggy about it.  I almost missed a flight home from Hawaii once due to a fire closing the road, ever since...

Sandy, warmer than Houston and no A/C, you poor poor woman.  And poor kit kat.  Enjoy your run on Sunday.  Hope you get out there before it heats up.  Have a great weekend too, chill and enjoy.

Damaris, sorry about Bugsy.  Give him a day and if he doesn't perk up, take him in.  Well, it is Saturday though...  Not losing is a win in my books!!

Cathy, I RARELY can sleep on a plane.  Especially without mothers little helper.  Bad, I know.  I don't know how in the world I will make it to Dubai, it is a 15 hour non-stop flight.

Margaret, wheeeee.  Tracking your flight.

Now it's 12:30, 4 more hours...  In 3 I will head over to Margarets terminal.  The only place I could find that serves adult bevies at her terminal is a crap hole apparently.  Not that I will need any by then.  But I am doing a good job so far.  Almost one hour down, and I still have some wine left.

Wondering what Margaret and I will get up to on Monday.  We have to be out of the AirBnB by 10am, it is a ~2 hour drive to Boston...  LL Bean??  Maine coast??  Boston proper?? RedSox game??  Hopefully she won't be sick of me and dump me at the airport at noon....  Wink

One glass of wine, one hour on the nose. Success.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Enjoy babysitting tonight! I was looking at a spin class to do down in FL this weekend. I miss spin!

Kilmisters – Run and beer sounds good  Smile

Diane – Your day sounds a lot like mine! Playing on the internet and not doing any work. I finished all I needed to do within the first hour  Smile Thanks to coffee. Hehe. Do you know when you will be fully moved to the little house? Are you doing anything fun this weekend? FYI – a lot of my training runs have been in the 11’s. Especially the long ones. Recently I noticed that my “training pace” has gotten down into the 10’s. BUT..with Summer here..I bet now my LR pace will be in the 12’s. LOL.

Karen – Uhm, now I have $200 worth of Gap clothes in my cart! THANKS! LOL. Seriously. They are having an awesome sale! OMG that forecast looks awful. Pool running it is! Agree about the boring workdays. Plus, it makes the day last forever!

Sandy – NO AC?! NOOOOOO. I would DIE. Hopefully they can get out there today before the nasty heat comes in this weekend. YUCK. Ew, looking forward to running in that crap? You can have it. Hehe  Smile  Isn’t that weird to think that the weather was 100% perfect there last weekend?! I feel bad for the runners tomorrow. They will defiantly appreciate your water stop. Yayyyy for a weekend with no plans! I meant to ask you – how did the doctors apt go with your nephew?? I laughed with Kathryn mentioned the 2 hours before flight, too  Smile Enjoy your slow day!

Docket – Good luck on the run tonight. Oh no! Poor Bugsy. I hope everything is okay!

Margaret – YYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

Cathy – So, a weekend with no kids?! Either way sounds like a fun weekend! Jet skis would be fun – even if the water is cold  Smile I have an Old Navy card and it can be very dangerous Smile I am sure DD would want you to run with her!!  Smile She might leave want to speed up at the end like usual though Smile. What about older DD? Is she doing any sports? I am going to have to read about the aerobic base training – I am confused by it. Does it go by heart rate and not miles? That sounds like good plane reading  Smile

Getting out of here in about 20 minutes. WOOHOO. Now I just have to take some anxiety medication so I dont freak out when I am in the tube Smile

Have a great holiday ladies!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kat, my vet is open 24/7 so I can take him in at any time until 10pm on normal appointment or as an emergency.  So, yeah.  Other than not eating and just laying there as normal, he looks OK.  I just freak out because of my prior history (with him and the cats that have died on us).

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat count me in on the 2 hr airport person....I'm so paranoid about missing my flight.  I can sleep on airplanes w/o help if I'm tired enough and it's longer than 2 hours.  I'll check the post when I get home...thank you.  I'll give it a try this weekend.

Lizzie google Maffetone method.  He advocates HR training.  I did months of trying to keep mine below a certain number but with my hyperthyroidism it's almost impossible.  Right now I've found running by feel helps....if it feels good keep going otherwise I've been counting 15 steps run/25 steps walk.  Relax and have a fun vacay.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lizzie, just no kids for most of tonight!    The in-laws bring them back home after dinner!  Did you get any Softspun stuff from the Gap?    Older DD is not really into any sports.  She doesn't mind playing tennis recreationally, or biking and hiking.  She did ask to run with me a few weeks ago, which I considered odd.  Though I think it's so she can come with us to the races instead of staying home and cleaning the house with DH.     I was considering following a Lydiard plan for my next race (targeting a half marathon in November).  Actually McMillan is also based on the phases that Lydiard uses.  But a straight Lydiard plan has a very long aerobic conditioning phase, though it doesn't mean that there isn't any fast running.  There are fartlek runs and an "out and back" which is a steady state sort of run.  But there are also very easy jogs in there too.  The other phases are hill training, anaerobic development (where you do the shorter intervals), integration (adding some final speed), and taper.  The long runs aren't as long though and the longest runs are in the first phase of the plan, so I am interested in seeing how that works for me.  Since my goal race is so far out I figure I have the time to try something different!  And it fills in all that time in between where I was just winging it.  

Anonymous Guest

An hour of pool running done! Man, that gets boring. I ended up doing 20 intervals of one circuit of the deep in hard, one easy. Then I got out and realized just how miserable it was out - temp had gone up to 90/feels like 105 by noon. There may be a lot of pool running in my future.

Damaris, hope Bugsy is okay and it's nothing major. I understand the angst - with all of Jake's maladies over the years, we seem to have become sorta overprotective with Riley.

Cathy, good to know on the softspun stuff. At least one of the tops I got is that. Lydiard does their own coach training class/certification in Boulder and doing that is on my short term bucket list. I think if you could stick with it, the base training would be good. I've known a couple people that it's seemed to have really helped. It's really hard to keep with it, especially in the summer, but once they start adding in more speedwork and tough workouts, they are magically faster when doing them than they were before.

Kathryn, nice job pacing. Yeah, I was in the minority with the two hours before flight idea last weekend. Then you add in my "afraid of getting to the race late" anxiety and wanting to get there way early, and the other two were most likely rolling their eyes A LOT. Check in again if you get really bored.

Diane, no laughing about pace here. I routinely get into the 10s in the summer, and slower than that on trails no matter what the temperature and humidity.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

LOL Karen!  I seriously was NOT rolling my eyes. And it felt like perfect timing on the race, no?  Nice job on the pool running!!  Sounds perfect on a day like today. Oh and all your upcoming summer days. Whew!!

Cathy - laughing at older DD dabbling in running to avoid the chores!  Im very interested in following your Lydiard training.  I’m always experimenting. Oh and I finally got myself  HRM watch (Epson - nothing fancy but it does distance too but not laps which is a bummer. Can’t complain for under $100). Since you asked abt how hard I’m working when I run with the fast girls - now I’ll know!  Guess my true wimpiness will shine through 

Kat - you crack me up!  Hope you are continuing to pace well!!

Damaris - poor Bugsy!  Hope he perks up.

Still havent heard back back from A/C place. Might be a warm weekend. It’s not horrible but the humidity makes the floor sticky. Officially on weekend - shut down the laptop and cracked a beer!!  Oh and canceled my date since there’s no way I can make it to 7pm. Doh

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Karen, can you add that to your short-short term bucket list so that I can ask you questions?  

Sandy, date?  Wait, did I miss something?  

Kilmisters

Diane, consistency will pay off for sure!

Karen, I like the mixture of easy runs and workouts! Will print out the plan tomorrow morning and give it a closer look, but the first impression is - exciting! Seems very similar yet very different (at the same time Big grin) from my previous serious training plan 2yrs ago. Laughing about FB ad leading to almost triple digit shopping cart!

Sandy, we had a long weekend last month, right before month end. Truth to be told, it led to s---storm at work, so I am not necessarily sad we don't have one now. Thanks for concern, tho Big grin Smile Hoping you can deal w the heat! Uhhhhhhm... Date? Smile

Lizzie, please, don't freak out, we want you back here Big grin

Kat, ha, how is the wine level management doing? Smile

Damaris, hoping Bugsy is ok. I'd say wait one more day and if things don't improve - vet.

Cathy, thanks for pointing out about Memorial Day. I randomly told DH about you ''mocking'' me regarding long weekend and when he asked what's the reason you have one, it was the most confused ''How/why should I know'' ever (sorry!!!) Big grin

Work was fun. Boss was apparently in a ''I don't want to use my phone'' mood, so just left the cube door open and used the good old shouting method for whatever question. Oh well. 10k easy run today. Was close to just saying ''screw it'' after a long day in the office, but the sunset!! And I want to have decent amount of sleep at last - bringing miniK out for a run is a way to ensure that Smile

There is an outdoor James Arthur show tonight and given it's location I might hear some bits of it. The horror.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Pacing decently. 4 drinks, 5 1/2 hours.  Shoved down some waffle fries SMOTHERED in queso cheese and sour cream to boot.

Margaret literally JUST texted, she landed.  Guess I should pick myself up off the floor and look presentable.  Wink

Funny, earlier a conversation about TX, now two women are talking Seattle/Portland.  Strange.

Lisa, Abhay, and Tessa are making progress.  And getting ice cream.  Listening to interesting music apparently.

On the road again........

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Public service announcement: Running Warehouse has Gu on sale for 25% off. A box of 8 is $9. Free two-day shipping and no tax unless you live in CA.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.5 miles. Kinda rough, it was hot and I am not used to that.

KatS, I am definitely a get there 2 hours before person. It made me nuts for our wedding that some of our group decided to take their sweet time getting to the airport & we had to wait for them (we had a group reservation). I'd rather kill time in the airport than miss a flight.

Arimathea

Tessa

We all made it to Maine! Sitting here with runnertype, S, MyMomRuns, Kat, and Gatsbybird, plus two partners. Interesting house.