Womens Running

Now It's Really Friday dailies (Read 17 times)

Docket_Rocket

Got home late and hubby didn't want to head to Pilates late (and do a shortened class) so I canceled.  And my shoulder is sore from sleeping wrong so I'm going to cancel weights too, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, I have green beans in the freezer if you want some...good for HCBF!

Regarding the garlic bread, do you make yours from scratch? My trick for that is to make the garlic butter that's going to go on the bread in a medium size saucepan at least, then heat the spaghetti sauce in the same pan -- so if you are using jarred spaghetti sauce it gets an extra little kick of garlic and butter.

Diane, nice that at least the chiro recognizes you can run -- sounds like something you may want to look at, though frankly after 20 miles I am not concerned with any kind of line up except "where is the finish line?"

Susan, glad the project review went well. Join me at home.

Did it ever blow in today! Santa Ana winds here, the gusty ones that make me look worriedly at the ridgelines to see if there's smoke drifting. And a bit of a cold front, I almost wished for gloves this morning.

Home again, still coughing, still can't talk. Most people think I was yelling either at my kids or at an underwriter. (Nope. Neither.) The good thing about laryngitis -- the ONLY good thing about laryngitis -- is that nobody questions one's calling in sick. I sound so awful that everyone who has heard my voicemail has told me to stay home and get well. A regular cold usually doesn't get this reaction.

Despite being sick, I feel well enough to run. So, 6 miles this morning. Had to wave and smile and not say "good morning" to anyone who crossed my path, but at least the run is done.

Kilmisters, have fun at the 10k on Saturday!

Karen, safe travels to Boston and have a great race weekend!

Good luck to Turtles' DD at her trail race this weekend (and to Turtles' DH for taking her)!

HCK, happy racing to you in Atlantic City this weekend!

Lizzie, we were spaghetti twins tonight!  But I didn't have garlic bread with mine, sad face.  Nice LR today as usual!

Seloc, I'm aiming for around 20 miles tomorrow so maybe we will be mileage twins!  But you get extra bad assery points for going out in crappy weather.

CrazySue, woot woot on a good project review!

Damaris, a rest day for you?    Does not compute.

Tessa, ugh on the Santa Ana winds.  Way too early for us to have Diablo winds, fortunately no sign of them yet.  I think we're getting more rain Sun/Mon.

DHuff, enjoy the massage on Sat.

Judy, I saw red wing blackbirds galore on my little 4 mile run today.  They're always along a stretch of the coastal trail.

Good night, all!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR