Womens Running

Too Busy Thursdays (DAILIES) (Read 28 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I eat PB everyday with my egg. LOL. Only a little bit…maybe that is why my booty is fluffy.

Busy day...again. I am going to have to come in this weekend to help set up an event that is happening next week. Glad I get OT!

Our weather guy says Summer will be back Oct 5-12. Why can't it just be OVER!? I am hoping WI won't be warm that week!

Judy – Good news on the inhaler! Ew grocery.

Run4kupcakes/HalfCrazy – You will always be run4kupcakes to me. LOL. Yes, very highly annoying!

Docket – Good luck getting the 4 in! Jealous of your massage!!! OMG that is a lot of traffic!

Diane – I still can’t figure out how to get emails. I must be doing something wrong. I clicked subscribe..still nothing. Oh well. Sorry your run was so bad last night…I wish I had that issue with weight! Haha. Sorry you are feeling bad Sad Our sunrise was pretty spectacular too!

Ginny – Oh no..maybe you are coming down with something? Sorry you aren’t feeling yourself. What is with today?! And this week!? As for the half – I would try it! If the weather is going to be cooler it will be much more enjoyable and I doubt you would get much cramping. Kinda early to predict the weather right now. I am trying to weather stalk that weekend also! Try the longer run this weekend – weather is going to be gorgeous! Good luck on the inservice tomorrow. Sounds painful!

Karen – Everyone is grumpy today! I am sorry about DH being around and ruining your YOU day Sad When is he being moved to the other office? That is something to look forward too! Haha. Good luck on the run..ugh on the dewpoint. I don’t think it would matter when you got out there..it will be awful either way. But I know you will get through it somehow!

Cindy – SMART of you to keep repeating that mantra! Stick to it. Can you go for a bike ride or something this weekend? Then at least you can enjoy the weather some? Pink lemonade cake square?! Uhm….YUM. Did you make them??

Sandy – You stayed up until 9pm to watch a show?! Even I wont do that Wink Awe, you are sweet. Thanks for saying that about my skinny moment. Don’t we all get those?! Ugh. We are our own worst enemy. Oh yes, you were in this taper madness not too long ago…I know you understand! Tomorrow I am going for 15..this should be the last time I have to get up with a number starting with 2…for a LONG time! This makes me excited. NICE run this morning!!! I am sure it felt awesome with your AWESOME weather!!! Smile What do you have planned for this weekend? Work from home tomorrow? Is that every Friday or just in the Summer? I am drinking cold water…BOO. Why cant it be a cold margarita?

Margaret – Okay okay, thank you for the words! I could do work from home some days and go into the office somedays. I don’t think I could do everyday though. How are you feeling? Are you anxious to run??

Cathy – Glad the foot is at least a little better. LOL at your DD!!! Hahahah. Did you practice or was this your first try? That is so funny. I wouldn’t know where to begin with that! Aw, and thanks for your sweet words. I do have a bigger booty that HCBF surely appreciates. LOL. I hope those chilly mornings continue for another 3 weeks!

Amy – Nice run this morning! Is the track local or do you run there?

Tessa – Lemondrop dropped lemons?! LOL I would love a peanut butter diet also! Maybe peanut butter ice cream diet.

Lori – Nice miles! I get real queasy after my run if I didn’t eat enough the night prior or before the run.

Getting excited for the LR in cooler weather tomorrow! Woohoo! Not excited about waking up so early. Granny bedtime tonight! Have a great afternoon/evening ladies!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

I can say that I have no complaints about a DH or SO.

But that's because I don't have one of either type.

DS said about Lemondrop "more like lentils than lemons"...poor underendowed kitten.

Ginny, sympathy, those in-service "group training" things suck for everyone involved.

Diane, is there a Trader Joe's or Sprouts near you? Both have almond butter that doesn't have oil added. I like salt in mine but with high blood pressure you'd probably want to avoid that if possible. And I agree, plant based may be noble but if you really don't like it then maybe it's not for you.

Kilmisters

Lizzie, totally annoying when someone tries to get a different answer from other person and eventually when answer is the same, the one asking doesn't conclude that it might really be the truth (duh), but builds conspiracy theories instead. I've had this case - calculated potential turnover of a particular new store; the sales guy (w/o any grounds, just gut feeling from years of experience) said pretty much the same number, but the development department dude still walked around staring at me as if I'd have anything to gain from fake calculations Big grin

Diane, sorry your run was so tought, but then again, maybe something to do w latest marathon; I mean that was the first time your body went thru something like that.

Karen, if you're on the grumpy list too then things are getting really serious... You dog people, I mean, wow... One of the reasons I'm glad that my dog can just run around the lawn herself (totally random movements/sprints/rolling around) and thus create her own ''workout'' - never had a need to walk her, when I tried - she was really reluctant/already tired.

Sandy, hehe, I used ''condition'' in my favour today, telling one of the guys that if he doesn't let me skip one largely irrelevant meeting (had shitload of important other things to do, yay month end!), I'll be *in very dramatic voice and powerful stare-down* very pissed. Worked like a charm Big grin Hated to do it but, sheesh, month end is the ABSOLUTE worst time for low importance meetings.

Cathy, love your DD's attitude - you don't know how to do the particular style, sure, no problem - watch Youtube Big grin It's all about the end result Big grin Glad to hear your foot is better Smile

Lori, headaches could be due to air pressure, but it's always dangerous to ''assign'' it just to that, ignoring other, more bothering explanations. Stress. Lack of sleep. Etc.

Ginny, I'd probably skip the race, just because the pre-race anxiety because of the recent painful experience would be too much to handle and not worth it. Had I not already bought tickets, paid for hotel and race fee + race Tshirt, I'd most probably skip Amsterdam Half (Oct 15). But I'll try to enjoy it. Smile

Had a floorball practice today, yeah I am still going to those. It is a little tough, but totally worth it. Went for a small run w teammates before the practice too. As usually I took the ''front row'', because I know all the possible routes there, and when one of the teammates noticed it's me in front of the ''pack'', she commented ''girls, we're f---ed, Elina is in front; there is no way in hell we get back to arena w/o running a half marathon distance of something, please warn my husband he has to pick me up from middle of the forest''.

Work day was actually quite exciting today. Once again woke up the nerd self, tackling an interesting case where no one would blame me if I said ''Ok, guys, this thing we cannot reliably calculate'', including my boss, but most probably will be spending few more hours on that thing tomorrow, trying to arrive at smaller control-group error than goddamn 10%. These are the days when I love my job.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Unfortunately Tessa those are in Tulsa, 2 hours away BUT DD and DGD are there abouts now so I could use it as an excuse and go visit....YAY.

Elina,  it could be the marathon effort as it was definitely a new experience for my body but even before that I had some truly awful workouts.  The heat has really bothered me this year for some reason when it never has.  Could be my Graves Disease acting up.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Lizzie, the middle school track is a little less than 3.5 miles from my house, so most days I drive there and just run. For a much longer run, I could run there, do the workout and run home, but I have yet to do that.

Ok ... what is "floorball"?

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Is floor ball similar to broomball?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

ginnyb

Ugh, Ginny, those team building things that don't work and nobody likes. I wish managers would just quit that crap.

Right on Amy!!  Do they think these things inspire???

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 mile progression run. Felt so nice to have fall like weather.

Lizzie, no, summer cannot return in a week.

Tar Heel Mom, Your track is about the same distance as the 2 I can go to. I've run there & back a few times. It sucks. Both high schools are at the bottom of a hill, so running uphill after track work is miserable.

Anonymous Guest

Laughing about the peanut butter diet. My old Pilates instructor in MD and I had what we thought was a great idea - a high carb diet book. People wouldn't lose weight, but they'd be happy eating and we'd be rich from book sales because who wouldn't try a high carb diet?

Also laughing about Lemondrop dropping his lemons.

Man, this place is hopping. I came back to do personals but I can't keep up!

Amy, will leave it to Elina to explain floorball. I'd say it's kind of like hockey without ice. And it's a big deal in Latvia.

I did get my run done and it went pretty well considering the weather. 83 with a dew point of 78 makes running faster hard. I tried to go by effort and not pay attention to pace. Ended up probably 20 seconds per mile slower than "good weather" tempo. I call that a win.

Sandy, definitely give OTF a try when you can. Every runner that I know that has tried it loves it.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I am totally antsy to run!  And to get some races on my calendar!  I feel twinges every once in a while but it's less and less.  Managed a full workday today (cut it short yesterday) but then I was too pooped to go for a walk. Tomorrow for sure.

Margaret – Okay okay, thank you for the words! I could do work from home some days and go into the office somedays. I don’t think I could do everyday though. How are you feeling? Are you anxious to run??

Re parrots, it's like having toddlers who never grow up.  They have their quirks and personalities -- sometimes they're cranky, sometimes they're affectionate, sometimes they're needy, sometimes they're naughty and destroy things, sometimes they're hilarious and make me laugh.  As I'm typing this, there's a bird in my lap trying to get the phone out of my hand so I'll scratch his neck instead. And there's another bird on the counter who wants the first one to move so he can sit in my knee instead. They're a lot of work, but they're my family and keep me company when my DH is away.

Ok, need to get something for dinner.  Have a good night!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR