Womens Running

Shivering Saturday (over 40) (Read 17 times)

Bikerchick1

Have been MIA this week, I just quickly read thru the posts from the last couple of days....sounds like everyone is having "not so perfect" conditions!

Started on my 18 week marathon  plan.  Did DM runs all week, then just couldn't bear to get it on it last night, so went and used the track and our local center.  Much better!  Planning 8 today with RB's, but it is miserable out......

Hi to all!

Carol

camille2

Good morning!

I just did a short walk yesterday along with exercises.  I haven't decided if I'll stair climb today (convenient) or go to gym for bike/elliptical.

Tessa, good to hear from you.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all!

I'm going to attempt 2 hours on the bike trainer today. Longest I've done to date is 1:15. At least I don't have 6 hours of riding on my plan this weekend like DH. Normal amount of riding for him, but instead of with his friends outdoors it will all be on the rollers in the basement. Yeck. I'm hoping tomorrow the roads and weather will allow my a medium-longish run outside.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Shivering Saturday is right!!

6 TM miles this morning, then I did a weight routine and planks.  Opted against going to Fusion class, just too cold and windy and I think I got a decent workout here.

Carol - My plan starts in 3 weeks, kind of nice for a June marathon since the super long runs 'should' be in decent weather (April/May).  Of course, this is Michigan so who knows lol.  I saw a lot of people deciding against the Snowman race today, more so because of the drive than the running.  I ran the 10k last year, I remember it because the weather was good here and in Mt Pleasant but I had to drive through a wicked storm in Gladwin/Clare.

Hi Camille!!

Karen - LOL about Texas, I also had a college friend who now lives in Austin post a picture with a dusting of snow that cancelled school yesterday.  It's all relative, I guess, but makes me

Tessa - thinking of you!

Ginny - glad you had the day off, sorry you have to work today though.

Hi Linda, Sue, Gatsby, Annie, Lisa.......everyone!!

ginnyb

HELP!!!!  I don't think this weather is ever going to stop.  Library closed again today, for which I am thankful.  It takes a lot for our director to close 2 days in a row and it has happened twice already this winter.  This stinks, not the not working, the snow part!

I have been doing my DVD's though,trying not to sink into the depths of no exercise along with the overeating!  The Leslie Sansone Walk DVD's incorporate a lot of jogging and they do get your heartbeat up where it belongs.  Today, however, I am staying in my fleece pajama bottoms, warmest thing I have found to wear in the house.

Karen...enjoy the bike.

Cindy...not so perfect conditions is putting it mildly!

Hi to all..

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Sorry for my absence but I have had a horrible two days.  ER trip in the middle of the night with my friend on Thursday, no sleep, depositions all day, hubby telling me he has a lung nodule (usually benign but could turn into lung cancer in some cases), and later picking my friend up from the hospital.  I ran 4 miles yesterday but that was a miracle.  Still congested.

Plan is to run tonight since I slept 10 hours and feel a bit better.  AND I NEED A RUN.

Carol, good luck with the marathon plan.

Camille, whatever you choose, have fun.

Karen, good luck on the trainer.

LC Runs, nice TM miles.

Ginny, sorry about your weather.

Off to read the threads I missed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. We are at the puppy pool.

Carol, ahhhhh starting marathon training. It was pretty cold this am here too but not as cold as yesterday

Camille stairs!

Karen that is a long bike ride

Laura great run.

Ginny i don't want your weather

Hi D

Marjorie

ginnyb

Marjorie....no one wants my weather!  Problem is ....supposed to get even worse next week.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, I am in awe of people who train for fulls during winters like yours. Bayshore, right?

Camille, do you actually climb stairs or use a stepmill or stair climber?

Marjorie, the thought of puppy pool always makes me smile.

Karen, I would rather ride (or run) 6 hours outside than 2 hours on the trainer or TM. More power to you.

Laura, you are a lot more conscientious about weights than I am. Good for you.

Ginny, I would hate to have the library closed, and I'm sure the citizenry is unhappy about it also. Hope you can open this coming week.

Damaris, you definitely need a run!

10 miles this morning, since I have Calico tomorrow. Alarm is set for 3 AM, we need to leave by 4 for a 7 AM start. Still not sure what to wear. Shorts, definitely, but wavering between LS tech shirt and SS shirt with LS over it. Forecast is for 30 at the start and 65 by the end, and it will be full sun. There's no shade at all out there. At least the snakes are asleep!

Hi all!

Took Scrapster - ultra run buddy - to the gym.  We got onto treadmills and she asked me "now what?"  Apparently she has never been on a TM.  She's done a 100 mile trail race but never run on a TM. We also went on elliptical and the arc rider too.  All firsts for her.  The funniest thing though was that she had joked about going out and getting cute outfits to wear to the gym so that we looked good.  We got there and were wearing the exact same race shirt.  Was pretty funny.

Had a great time at the game last night even with the blizzard like conditions.

Seats were amazing!

This literally was the view from our seats.  2nd row (ha! I see the guy's hair that was sitting in front of me).

And this one.  It's amazing how fast they skate and how hard they hit the boards!  Was fun!

Have a good weekend and stay warm.  I'm sick of winter... and I like winter.  I'm sick of driving in it mainly. Salt encrusted cars, salt then that gets onto our clothing, multiple layers, having to deal with heavy coats once you get somewhere warm, carrying shoes because I'm wearing boots to get through the slush or snow, cold plates in the cupboards, just tired of it all.

Lisa

Happy Saturday night.  No running today since I had a Western States aid station captain meeting in Auburn (2.5 hours away) this morning.  I'm in charge of the aid station at mile 85.  This will be my 3rd year so I'm finally starting to feel like I know what I'm doing.   My dear wonderful hubby drove me up and back, for which I am very grateful.  We'll do a long run tomorrow.

Carol, how exciting to get your training plan underway.  But boo about all the DM runs.

Camille, hope you enjoyed your workout today, whichever one you chose.

Karen, can't imaging 2 hours on a nowhere bike.  Do you watch a DVD or TV?

LC and GinnyB, sorry you're still shivering!

Damaris, hope you got your run in tonight.  Does your DH need to have the nodule removed?  Or is it just something that's monitored?

Marjorie, hope the pups had fun at the pool.  Glad to hear the hip is better.

Tessa, have fun tomorrow at Calico.  That weather is hard to dress for.  I'd probably do LS over SS shirt, then ties the LS around my waist as the day warms up.

Lisa, no kidding, those were great seats!  Were you out on the ice?  haha.

His to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

Good morning!  It is a good morning...I have water.  A water main broke yesterday and at first, I  thought my pipes had frozen.

45 min of stairs yesterday. Marjorie, your comment made the decision for me. : )  I'll hit the gym today, plus a walk. It's supposed to be nice.

Have a great day!

Bikerchick1

Karen - 2 hours on a trainer....wow!!!  Can't even imagine.

Laura - I am not sure what kind of pace your RB is, but if you 2 ever want to  join us for LR's - come on down!  My RB is doing Charlevoix as well.  I know  long drive for a run, but especially when you get to higher double digits, sometimes nice to do in a group.

Ginny - Your weather must really be bad to be closing the library!

Damarias - Hope you get a run in.  Sounds like a stressful time for you Sad

Marjorie - Nice on the mileage!!!

Tessa - Nice to hear from you!!!  Good luck on Calico!

Lisa - Nice pics on the game!  Too funny on the matching shirts and the gym story with your RB.

Gatsby - That was along day of driving for a meeting.  Good for you for doing it!!!

Camille - glad you have water!

Did 8.5 in the howling wind/cold yesterday....but there was sun!!!  Fortunate that our rail trail was fairly clear.  Forecast this week is brrrrr cold...single digits with below zero wind chill...it just doesn't stop!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I never ran yesterday and instead drank a couple of drinks and read a book.  No mojo.  Still congested but not badly.  I will run tonight.

Hubby's nodule is to be monitored (if confirmed by the CT Scan).  It will only be biopsied if there is growth up to a certain level. If he had an XRay done 6 months to 1 year ago we would know if this is bad or not, but he hasn't had one in ages, so he needs to monitor it.

Marjorie, nice 10 yesterday.

Tessa, nice run.  Good luck today!

Lisa, nice seats!

Gatsby, enjoy WS tomorrow.

Camille, nice run.

Carol, nice run yesterday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

It's supposed to get up to 29 today and the streets in my neighborhood are dry, so I'm going to run outside today! Waiting until this afternoon and the warmer temps. Which means I should get off my butt and do other things this morning instead of just sitting here on the computer drinking coffee. Trainer ride yesterday wasn't that bad. I have a program that ties into my Garmin and trainer and you pick a workout and it shows you a graph and tells you what power numbers to hit throughout the workout and what you're actually doing. Then I put the computer on the big screen with Chromecast. Just having changing numbers to hit keeps my mind occupied. The program (Trainer Road) costs $10/month, and it's totally worth it for me. I can most definitely feel it in my legs today though!

Ginny, your weather must really be bad if they closed the library two days in a row. We close things here in the drop of a hat, but you guys are used to cold and snow!

Carol, yay for marathon training! What plan are you using? And nice job on the cold run.

Lisa, cool pics - bet the game was pretty fun. And I'm laughing at you guys showing up in the gym dressed alike.

Laura, later training plan start is a definite advantage for a June marathon!

Damaris, you've had a rough few days. You deserve to do whatever the hell you fell like, whether that's go for a run or read a book and relax.

Tessa, hope Calico goes well!

Marjorie, any fun plans today?

Gatsby, that's so cool that you keep doing the Western States aid station. Saw from friend's on facebook that yesterday was the Three Bridge Fiasco on the bay. We started that race twice and finished zero. Sounded like yesterday's forecast (0-5 knots of wind) meant a frustrating day for the racers.

Camille, hooray for water! And for the gym. And most of all, for the weather being nice enough for a walk.

Okay, so last night I was up late finishing another book (and I still have 5 left to read from the library, the holds are coming in faster than I can read them, even though this is the fourth I've finished since Disney). It's called What Alice Forgot and is the story of a woman who falls off her bike during spin class and wakes up having forgotten the last ten years of her life. She thinks it's 1998 and she's happily married and pregnant with her first child, and finds out it's 2008, she has three kids and is in the midst of a messy divorce. It's not particularly deep or incredibly well-written but it really did make me think. Relationships that were fine ten years ago but are strained today and how she really doesn't like some of the things she has become, but does like some things, etc. If I woke up and thought it was 2004, I'd be a non-running heavy drinker. I also started thinking about my relationship with DH and others and how they have changed over the years and how I have changed and is there anything about how I've changed that I don't like (the main character finds out she's become sort of bitter and condescending). Like I said, not the most amazing book I've read by any means, but it did make me think. What would ten years ago you think of today you?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel