Womens Running

TIME FOR TUESDAY DIVAS! (Read 19 times)

LucyBelle

Morning!

RR: Yay I ran last night! First time in 2 weeks due to illness! Only went 2 miles and it did seem to aggravate my chest and sinuses...was coughing the rest of the night and had a headache. Will wait another day before I go again.

NRR: Today will be a long day. After work CRF and I have to move a couch to VT to one of his parent's houses to store it for a while. It is my nice couch that literally would not fit up the stairwell to my current apartment, so my sister has had it at her place. She's moving to a different state and buying a new couch so we either had to pay for storage or figure out a different option. His mom said we could store it in VT, but we have to get it there before Thursday...so today's the day. It's about 1 hour and 15 mins each way, hopefully we'll get on the road with the couch by 6...

No time for personals at the moment, but hopefully I'll be back!

MA runner girl

NC - Gah sorry to hear about the soreness. Hopefully a recovery run helps.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Lucy - Ugh, I hope you aren't out too late tonight! That's a lot of work for a couch. Good job getting a run in, bummer that it didn't help you feel any better. Hope you are 100% soon.

lizo_77

rltw: no!! hugs girl. I hope it's just a shunt issue. Keeping you in my prayers today and don't feel bad about calling the doc if you need to.

Taylor: good luck with the application process!

pumpkin: awww. moving.... so much work and change! that's nice of you to be a good sister and help out when your sis has her baby!

outwest: yay for a massage! enjoy it.

LucyBelle

I did want to say though, RLTW, please don't wait till Friday if you're feeling this way. Call Dr. Hottie today and at least talk to him! Or I'll call him myself! Joking

LucyBelle

Lucy - Ugh, I hope you aren't out too late tonight! That's a lot of work for a couch. Good job getting a run in, bummer that it didn't help you feel any better. Hope you are 100% soon.

HAHA it IS a lot of work for a couch! But we'll only be in our apartment for another 3 months max, and the best deal we could find for storage was $210 for 3 months. I bought the couch and chair set on mega sale for $600 when a local furniture store was going out of business, so we figured the couch was probably about $400...and it wouldn't make sense to pay half the price of the couch to store it for 3 months. That was our totally sound logic, LOL.

SassySparky

MA - I really wish I had rested more in the last few weeks of pregnancy, because I was already exhausted when I went in to labor! Remember, you are not being lazy, you are preparing to be the best possible new mom!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

monk717

Good morning divas! Where has the morning gone? Time is just whizzing by in such a blur these days. I can't believe I'm already halfway through my fifth day of maternity leave, ending one week. Only five weeks left! I'm wishing I could have taken more leave, but even if I'd taken more i'd be lamenting how little time I have left. But yeah, time whizzes by... until about 7 p.m. when I'm dead tired but still have a handful of tasks left before I can actually end my day! It takes a long time to do things right now.

We had a weight check yesterday afternoon and P gained another three oz in the last two days! So we don't have to go back to the doctor until his two-week check up next Monday. I'm so so so happy with how things are going in feeding P. He's also sleeping really well. He already has one longer stretch of sleep a night! He's sleeping in our room and I have to say I really love this arrangement, much more than I thought I would. We had a nice day by ourselves yesterday with A in daycare. And I think A is starting to settle down a bit too. Its so sweet the interactions she makes with P. When we got home last night and had to eat dinner, he started fussing because he was hungry. She got down and was rocking his car seat (though I had to hold on so she didn't rock him too fast) and singing rock a bye baby. This morning we all sat up on our bed watching some TV and she held him for a long time (with our help). She's less hyper and generally behaving better. Yay! I was going to take P to a mother baby class through the hospital today but they have the same class on Thursdays and now less than two hours before the class starts I'm not very motivated to get us all ready and out the door.

My recovery is much better than it was the last couple days, though I woke up with a headache this morning. I'm getting it from looking down at P while feeding and I'm not really sure how to combat it because I can't feed him without looking at him! I'm trying not to be disappointed with the fact that I still look six months pregnant and I have swelling all the way up my legs. It takes time for that all to go away but its frustrating to wait for. I'm starting to think very obsessively about running or even just exercising in general. Its still going to be awhile though until I can really do much and it may take even longer before I can figure out any kind of real routine!

Thats about it for today... and now I'd love to take a nap but I think P will be due for a feeding here soon. Have a great Tuesday divas!

LucyBelle

Personals! OMG I am sweating right now...it is soooo nice out, close to 50 and sunny, and I was wearing a heavy cardigan and drinking hot coffee...good thing I'm wearing a black shirt or I'd probably have pit stains...Roll eyes

Sassy: You certainly have a lot on your plate! Let your mom help! I think people like to be needed, honestly.

MArunner: I don't think sitting down for a while with your feet up is considered lazy for an 8+ months pregnant woman. You are far more productive than I am and I've got no excuses. Take care of yourself while you still can!

Meli: Hooray for wedding productivity!!! Your dress is so gorgeous. Did you register in stores or online? CRF and I are doing in online and I find it a lot less stressful because we don't have to do it all at once. Whenever we think of something, we pop on and add it. We're doing it through Amazon.

Pumpkin: Will this be your sister's second baby? That will be so great of you to help out. Also, I like how you just arbitrarily run a really speedy half marathon on a weekday morning...

Taylor: Applying to schools can be so stressful. My dad is a cell bio professor. I wonder if he'd have any advice? I shall ask him.

Outwest: A massage sounds heavenly. Sorry about the exercise ball mishap. Blow it up with your mouth? LOL.

Lizo: Glad the tummy is feeling better. Sorry you fell this morning, hopefully you didn't hurt yourself!

NC: I love those swiper things! I said I was going to get one for my phone and go around charging $5 for hugs.

Am I forgetting anyone?

monk717

I will echo this!

MA - I really wish I had rested more in the last few weeks of pregnancy, because I was already exhausted when I went in to labor! Remember, you are not being lazy, you are preparing to be the best possible new mom!

I got so tired the last few weeks and was really trying to stock pile sleep, and I did a bit. The night my water broke, DH had sent me to bed at 8 p.m.! When my water broke at 8:30 that was the end of sleep as I knew it.

outwestrunner

Checking back in...

I got some coffee and snacky cakes and now that nagging hungry feeling is gone. Who would have thought?

Lucy - I think I'd do the same thing for a couch, if I were in a similar situation. Renting the storage unit would increase the price associated with the couch, and take away from the "I got it on sale" aspect.  Glad the abx are working.

Sassy/Monk/MA - Not sure what I'd do in those "last few weeks of pregnancy" situation.. I'd try to get as much taken care of as possible. Hmm.

outwestrunner

NC -My massage therapist opened her own place, and has this cool on-line scheduling set up that is super convenient (because let's face it, making a phone call can take more time than clicking a few buttons). Not sure how busy you will be/want to be, but it's called GenBook or something like that.

SassySparky

OWr - that's the problem, you want to just get stuff done and get the house ready and have fun and everything, but it's also physically exhausting to be pregnant at the end, and it's really hard to sleep! If I have another kid, I will try to just relax as much as possible.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Lucy- Sounds like a long night, after work! Sorry that running was rough last night! Sad

OWR- I know someone who uses GenBook, and I'll probably use something like that once I get a little busies. I agree that it's totally convenient!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

MA runner girl

Yeah it's a huge internal conflict betwen wanting to get things ready for baby and taking it easy because being pregnant is hard work, literally. I also have a hard time relaxing when there is so much to do, or at least not feeling guilty about it! I'm going to try to relax more. I don't want to regret pushing too hard, and I know things are gonna get a lot less relaxing around here in a few weeks!