Womens Running

More Sleep WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 24 times)

LC Runs

Lizzie - sounds like you had a great weekend!  We rented the first Bad Moms, so funny!  I would say this one would be a better rental, but I enjoyed it.  My BF is a trooper, I think he was one of 3 guys in the theater lol!  TWD countdown is beginning!!

Elina - wow, great run and pace!!

Damaris - I am watching the marathon right now, even though I know the women's outcome.

Sandy - thank you, it was a fun birthday!  My BF is not big on gifts, but he bought me a couple of expensive lottery tickets and I won $60!  Of course, he also treated the movie and dinner for 6 which was not cheap.  My kids got me a huge wine glass that says '50' and supposedly holds an entire bottle of wine LOL!  DD got me a car decal from her school, which I wanted.  Spending time with them was really the best, it's going to get harder and harder each year as time goes on 

Cathy - I couldn't figure out why I was so 'awake' at 6 am until I remembered it was really 7 am ha ha!  Yes, perfect weekend for sleeping, so dreary.  Funny about the MSU game, it was on at the restaurant but not really easy for me to see the screen.  I heard it was delayed due to thunderstorms (we only had rain).

Sorry for the multiple posts, I started on page 2 so couldn't see the earlier posts.

Off to eat some chili and rest my back, which is killing me from bending over today and yesterday going through those pictures!!

HuronHeart

Slacker poster here. 😃. 7 miles with RB this morning. We met at a local walking trail, a 1 mile loop which can be mind numbing at times. Today it was a great option because it was foggy and time flew as we caught up on news. RB is trying an online dating site which makes for fascinating stories.  A lot has changed since my dating days, not bad just different.

Attended another wedding last night. Cute couple, nice venue. The surprise for us, and many other guests, was it being an outdoor wedding in Michigan, in November.  Brrrrr. We were a bit underdressed.  We went with another couple and I was the only one who brought a coat.  Thankfully the wedding ceremony was short and sweet. We had a great time and it sure was nice to get the extra hour sleep after a late night.  I like the fall back time change but always wonder if there a good reason for continuing with daylight savings time. I have heard it is for farmers which is crazy, as dairy farmers it took us days to readjust the cattle and as crop farmers all our equipment is well lit.

Lizzie, your weekend sounds great, new hair and down time with HCBF. Crossing my fingers for his company to get the contract job close to home. Hope Ruger is feelling better. I have never heard of veggie tots but will be on the lookout now. I love tator tots and one of our favs on the grill.

LCruns, Happy 50th!!!!  Hope you have a great day celebrating!  I agree with the others, being 50 is great for a lot of reasons.

Karen, your running group sounds awesome. Must be the good coach!  Are you sure you do not want to move to Michigan and start a group here? Haha.  Congrats on your relay!

Kilmisters, your body must have needed rest if you slept 16 hours.  Good job running your 10k and 15k!  A 15k is a long run to me.

Gatsbybird, you were in Ireland, correct?  Do you recommend?  It is not on my travel bucket list but I am always willing to add.  Hope the weather forecast is wrong for your friend, I cannot imagine running 100 miles in rain.

Dhuffman, you continue to amaze me with your goals.

DocketRocket, glad Indy went great,  Nice time!  And right back at it with 7 miles. You are a beast. 😃

Bikerchick, congrats on the Great Turtle!  RBs and I have talked about running a Mackinac Island race. The race around the perimeter sounds much much easier than through the middle.  Jewelry making sounds fun.

CrazySue, Happy to hear your DF is feeling better.  Mmmm, shrimp boil sounds delicious.  Sorry about the 10k being tough, but being tired  and hot temps sounds like a bad combo.  Nice 6.5 today.  You need to sign up your boss for an online dating so she can get a life. 😜

Arimathea, nice miles.

Seloc, I need your purge mojo.  Maybe after I retire, maybe being the key word.

RTurtles, glad you have a diagnosis.  I always feel better when I know what I am dealing with.  I thought it was odd when you said you have an extra bone in your foot but with others saying the same it must not be so unusual.   Congrats to your RB on BQ!

I am embarrassed to ask but is there any way to make the font larger on this site?  Ok, there is one downside to being 50 the darn small print is a struggle to read

HH-Kathy

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles this morning in a light rain. Lying weather people, it never was 65-70 and sunny today. Oh well, at least it made for a not sucky long run.

Lizzie, dogs can get allergies, but could also be something he caught at day care. May be worth a trip to the vet.

Huron Heart, an outdoor wedding? Yikes. We went to one in mid-October in Maryland and it was kinda chilly. Luckily they also did a short ceremony.

HH--I need readers to view this page.

CRAP!!!! Just ate my post!!!!

I went to the visitation tonight.  He did not want anyone to know he was sick.  His wife knew, but no one else.  His elderly parents, his three siblings, his two young adult children did not know he had cancer until Wednesday.  He died Saturday morning. They all live here, in this small town and he was able to hide that well.  I guess he put a cap on over his wig. DS2 found out during the summer, but was sworn to secrecy.  He told us--he adored that man and I think the secret was heavy on his heart. Sad.  He will be missed.

Karen--sorry about the race.

Back to work.  I hate taking work home!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Kathy, what browser are you using? With Internet Explorer if you go to "View" there is an option for "text size". Default is medium, you could make it "larger" or "large" to enlarge the font.

Karen, 4th overall in that heat is impressive. The swimmers didn't have to deal with it! Sorry you crashed and burned.

Laura, sounds like a nice birthday! No interest in seeing that movie but glad you enjoyed it.

Quick race report: 5.44 gun, dunno about chip. It was OK temperature but high humidity at the start (by our standards) and I was undertrained. Also went out too fast. But at least I finished it!

Waving to everyone else, I have a lot to do and then Jazz Vespers service at 7 this evening. I just might fall asleep in the pew...

Docket_Rocket

Kathy, what browser are you using? With Internet Explorer if you go to "View" there is an option for "text size". Default is medium, you could make it "larger" or "large" to enlarge the font.

Karen, 4th overall in that heat is impressive. The swimmers didn't have to deal with it! Sorry you crashed and burned.

Laura, sounds like a nice birthday! No interest in seeing that movie but glad you enjoyed it.

Quick race report: 5.44 gun, dunno about chip. It was OK temperature but high humidity at the start (by our standards) and I was undertrained. Also went out too fast. But at least I finished it!

Waving to everyone else, I have a lot to do and then Jazz Vespers service at 7 this evening. I just might fall asleep in the pew...

Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page