Womens Running

Tired Thursday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

BermyHorse

Mer - hey! I am out here! She was probably so nervous stood next to you looking all athletic and buff and like a super serious runner (which you do). I would probably stutter talking about running with you. Maybe she wanted acknowledgment that she kicks ass in the snow too. And I bet you were cranking out the spinning too. Try inviting her for a run outside or asking her if she would like to meet you for 20 mins before the spin class to warm up? Some people aren't going to be a good match - I have this down now, like dating. I made friends with one chick here and then she said "yeah, my DH and I laugh at the runners when they go by our house during the RNR half marathon". OMG that was like a red flag to a bull for me. LAUGH at someone running? I didn't call her ever again. We were not compatible. Sorry you are having such a hard time with DS sleeping. We gave up on crib very early on as it was clear he would onyl sleep with close bodily contact. We put a mattress on the floor and I just lay with him nursing until he grew out of it. I was not going to school to teach though. I seriously don't know how you are doing it. You ROCK mama.

I totally need to PM you back. It's my turn to talk to you and I will.

spike - OMG your house is just FREAKIN amazing. SO beautiful.

Zorbs - would canadian customs let me send wf kale chips to you?

ernie - your workouts are becoming pretty bad ass. I say go for the 3.10. You have the leg speed.

RR: I had 3 days off due to an ear infection and bacterial sinus infection and yesterday I cranked out easy 5. I ran on the frisbee golf course which was very muddy but hilariously good fun (in 34 degrees... felt like a heat wave). Then some quick looking dude was running on the path so I decided to stalk his pace for a bit and see if I could keep up. I did. Then some strides. I think it's all still functioning after 3 weeks of epic cold/virus/RSV and ear infection. I hope I am done with being sick. Ez 45 mins today and tomorrow and then quality something on sat.

NRR: DS is a bear today. I think he is fighting off an ear infection. He puked twice yesterday. So far so good. Eats beef jerky with zeal. Too funny. This morning I had our house builders in for their year old warranty walk through. It was all the really petty small things that need fixing. DH and I made a list which was 50 odd items long.

FR: on major buff down diet. Am 133lbs, goal is 130 (I am going to stop there as my coach - also a sports/racing nutritionalist - said it looked like a good number for me given watching me race/train/food logs etc). Spike saw me on Skype and said I had a 'flo jo' butt which probably is from lots of short speed work. I will never be a teeny marathoner. Just working on the lift... and roundness... joking. I did treat myself to some Lucky skinny jeans size 0 for the 17lbs shed since July. Dinner is baked cod with asparagus. On day 4 of carb cycling. It really works for me. I was eating really well before but not looking at how the macro and micro nutrients all fit together over the week. Have any of you ever seen a six pack on your abs? Just wondering what is realistic.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- they are actual singletrack trails made by coyotes around the rocks and sagebrush. There are craptons of coyotes where I live (rattlesnakes too), but they are really skittish of people and so I've never actually seen one other than driving in my car.  There are a bunch of powerline easement roads, ORV trails, and gravel roads too. Here is the chicken parm rice recipe. I added chopped kale to the rice last night and used a bigger can of tomatoes because that's what I had.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Here's my RR from dailymile, hard workout... Ran 4x1 mile intervals outside today. Was going to run them back and forth between 10th st and Eau Claire but decided that maybe the north side would be less crowded... that was a mistake as the first interval was done practically all on ice. The remainder were fairly clear, with just small patches of ice, the last two though had a lot of people dodging as is the case in that stretch over lunch. It's done and the paces are quite respectable given the conditions. According to McMillan my goal mile times were: 7:22-7:34. Actual splits: 7:41 (icy), 7:36 (pretty good conditions), 7:31 (nailed it!), 7:38 (tired + slightly uphill + people dodging = not bad).

spike - M has been through lots of phases where she much prefered MIL over us.  Is monday a holiday in the US?  I have next friday off and have daycare, love those days!!

zorbs - yeah she tweeted me and I told her exactly where I was, and was there for 20 more minutes but then we had to go do our run so RP could get home, so we left.

RG - holy crap girl, I busted my tail today and it took all my non pregnant effort do to repeats with miles in the 7:30's.  Our paths right downtown are very well maintained, they plow them and then go over them with the spinning brush machines (what are those things called??), so they are often dry pavement, but with all the warm weather we've had there has been a lot of melting and then refreezing overnight.  The rest of the city paths are plowed, but not to dry pavement, but the snow is not typically icy, it's just packed snow so I run on all of them year round, they are in much better shape than the neighborhood sidewalks that people often are not great at shovelling.

bermy - hey, we've missed you here!  Sorry you've been sick, but glad you're feeling better.  I thought of you and all the speed you gained during my workout today, made me suck it up and keep my legs moving when I really wanted to slow down.  Great work on the weight loss!  I have 2 pack abs, Smile  My RP has a 6 pack in the morning, and it's mostly baby skin tummy, not fat that's keeping them from always being ripped.  She does not eat clean at all and is just blessed with low body fat - she doesn't over eat, but also drinks beer, eats mcdonalds, etc.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - I have been mailed potato chips from the US so I imagine that kale chips would be fine.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I hope you know the Flo Jo comment was a compliment! Smile I have no booty and have started doing squats and deadlifts in the hope that I might grow an ass to hold my pants up. I had just the slightest hint of a 2 pack at my lowest weight (5'5" 124 lbs, size 2), but it was only first thing in the morning. I think a lot of it is genetic, but its also something that's never been on my list of something to achieve because I like eating cheese too much and my figure shows it lol. I actually ran hard for the first time in... oh 4 mos, on Tuesday. Did a treadmill run with tempo pace and it felt stupid hard.  Your diet is so clean already, what are you going to do for your diet?  I've been trying to eat cleaner and I have not eaten out since we ordered pizza when we moved a few weeks ago. I was getting a muffin top and weighed myself and I was back up over 131, and I try to stay down closer to 127-128. I'm counting calories and my weight really isn't going down but my pants are fitting better.

CA- Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I get 9 paid Holidays per year- MLK, President's day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New year's day. Banks close for other holidays like Veteran's Day and Columbus day but we only close if the NYSE closes.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

zorbs - good. I am going to find some "I am having a friggin hard time" make you smile somethings.

CA - I don't know how you do it on ice - THAT is amazing to me. Just think what that translates too in 50 degrees? I also love wearing minimal shoes for anything above an easy run. I find those waves we have to be really clunky for quicker turnover stuff. Which plan are you following?Sounds intense and interesting.

RG! - Hey! how's it going?Was oooohhing and aaahhhing at your baby movement post. SO adorable.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I like the "cheesy" flavour of kale chip.  Haven't been brave enough to try any of the others.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

Spike - I do have a sprinter's arse. You are right there! I made DH google flo jo butt and he said I didn't have that much arse. I am working my way through this cookbook and the order of the recipes is really critical in how the body utilizes fat. I still find tempos the hardest of all workouts as it really hits the sweet spot for lactate clearing. What is your next project for your house?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - YES, I was talking to myself about how winter training pays dividends come spring, there's a lot of time for talking in a mile repeat, lol!  I'm following a speed module from McMillan's You Only Faster book.  We are doing a 4 week speed module, then 4 week hill module, then 12 week marathon module. Oh I agree on the shoes, I wore my Saucony Kinvaras today, I don't like to do speed work in the wave riders.  What do you wear for speed?  Other than the fancy track spikes (though they might have helped on the ice today!)

BermyHorse

CA - I am wearing my mizuno ronin 5s racing flats for all quality (tempo, intervals, speed maintenance) and then spikes just for some of the speed to allow my calves to grow and adjust to the altered stance. I am going to try something more minimal in my next pair. Your programme sounds great. If the LR is tempo/speed based then I wear flats, if it's ez run and or LR above 8min/mile then the waves.

OMG cute story. I was in the Y on tm doing very short intervals - fast but short. I was going for it (but only in bursts) and afterwards I went to stretch. This really old dude came up to me and said "you're the really good runner". I was so touched. It was not hard to be the runner as the other 20 odd treadmills were all taken up by old people walking.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- waiting on the sofas and then I will start putting stuff up on the walls, hanging curtains, etc. Trying to decide if I want to add some color to the walls now, or do it down the road when I feel more motivated. I need to buy towels, I was hoping I could find a really good white sale but haven't seen one yet.

BermyHorse

zorbs - I am going to see what I can find. And don't rely on them for dinner this week as post might take weeks... hopefully might make you smile and feel like you are important to our lives.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- that's cute! We have a lot of walkers at our gym too. The other "runners" hold onto the hand rail and slap their feet on the belt

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - are your ronin's the same size as your riders?  I'm assuming so... holabird has the ronin's on closeout but they only  have a 9 or 10, not a 9.5 which is what I wear in the riders.

BermyHorse

CA - yes 9.5 in both