Womens Running

Grumpy Thursdays (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Anonymous Guest

Cathy, I love Pfitz. Most of my PRs were using his plans. I'm using a plan from runsmartonline.com this time. I was a little apprehensive since I'd never heard of this guy, but he has good strength and xt workouts, and his plans seem to make sense to me. They are not custom, but you can input max weekly mileage, length of plan and race distance and it spits out a plan. The biggest difference in his plans and others (besides putting in specific strength training workouts in the plan) is the taper. The last week is mostly race pace. It's something like 5x5 minutes at goal pace, 4x5 minutes at goal pace, 3x5 minutes, etc. through the last week.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Sounds interesting, Karen (damn, now I'm fucked...)

OK, who was the one that ran the Race for Women's Wellness Half here last year or the year prior.  Sounds like it's a pro women, cancer fundraising race.  Can I wear a pink tutu?  Asking for a friend...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

D, I ran a women's half a number of years ago.  IF men were running, they were required to wear pink.  And they did.  Not really help for your "friend", but I think a pink tutu would be perfect.  I possibly have been known to dress up though...

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Not grumpy, just tired. Still not adjusting to the time change. Poured all day, so did strength training because I didn't feel like using the treadmill.

Lizzie, hope the cake was great!

CrazySue, wow, someone got a surprise with the carpet.

Arimathea, I think if you were running on the BIW trail on a layover you would need to take a shuttle out to the satellite parking to get to the trail. There are no sidewalks on the road leading into the airport. And drivers are crazy exiting the airport due to quick exits.

Turtles, enjoy your time off.

Docket_Rocket

D, I ran a women's half a number of years ago.  IF men were running, they were required to wear pink.  And they did.  Not really help for your "friend", but I think a pink tutu would be perfect.  I possibly have been known to dress up though...

That looks awesome!  Thanks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Sounds interesting, Karen (damn, now I'm fucked...)

OK, who was the one that ran the Race for Women's Wellness Half here last year or the year prior.  Sounds like it's a pro women, cancer fundraising race.  Can I wear a pink tutu?  Asking for a friend...

Damaris, I ran this race a few years ago!  I remember that it was hot AF and my clothes were completely soaked afterwards.  I don’t remember a lot of people dressed up for the half though I think that there were a few.  I say go ahead and wear the tutu. :-)

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, I ran this race a few years ago!  I remember that it was hot AF and my clothes were completely soaked afterwards.  I don’t remember a lot of people dressed up for the half though I think that there were a few.  I say go ahead and wear the tutu. :-)

Yeah, it's always super hot.  But tomorrow it will be 55F at 6am, so not too bad.

Damaris

Fundraising Page