Womens Running

Manoevre Thru Winter Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. How is your manoevre around Winter working?

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Saturday was a run/cardio dvd for 50 minutes.

Sunday was a 40 minute run on the track at the gym. Lots of fighting snow to get there.

Run at the track after work today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Quick flyby here.

damarias - glad your sugery went well!!!  Happy and speedy recovery!

Did a half marathon on Saturday...brrrrr.  Starting temp was 1 degree!  Feels like was 16 below.  did it as a LR, was fun.  I was a little afraid of frostbite on my face for the first mile, but then was fine. Beautiful blue sky and full on sun helped.  Yesterday did about a 4 mile hike down to Lake Michigan and another half mile onto the ice to see some ice caves.  Beautiful/awesome/spectacular!  This hasn't happend in about 40 years!  Again, cold but blue sky and sun.

Hi to all, off to work.\

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

At the dentist to have an old filing replaced. No decay around it but they want to replace it since it as been there for 30 years probably a good idea

Camille we would get him his own octopus but then the one at the pool may not be as special. Plus Quincy would destroy it. Soft toys and Quincy do not mix. AT ALL.

Today should be a rest day so just work.

Marjorie

Off today for President's Day.  I did go to the early group power class.  I figured if I didn't get in the gym it wouldn't happen.

Baked some scones.  Need to clean closets and vacuum.  Plumber is supposed to come today.....will see if he shows up.

Have a great day!

Offices closed today for me for President's Day.  Had a fun weekend with sisters and family so doing grocery shopping this morning then getting out for a run. Was going to go after dropping dd off at school but since I had more time figured I'd wait until after the temp rose from 3 degrees.  So going around 11:30.

DD has her Forensics category: Informative and her topic: Superheroes.  She's been working on her presentation and story board ideas but is freaking a bit on the displays.  We have a parents meeting tonight to discuss them.  She would like to do something with a comic theme or reveal theme.  May loop dd who is artistic in.  Can't be too cutesy but should be visually stimulating (lots of "reveals" using magnets and multiple boards/props). She will talk about the history of superheroes, how they've lost and gained popularity because of current events, and the cultural connections.

We are now at 4th snowiest in history status and only a couple of inches away from 2nd place.  Looking like the 3-5 inches expected tonight will put us up to that level.  Not really likely that we will get the 20+ inches needed to hit first place as most snow ever but I say go for if at this point!

Lisa

camille2

Way to go, Carol! Finishing a half at 1 degree gives you bad a** status.  Congrats!  I'd love to see the caves.

Lisa, sounds like your DD has a nice creative idea for her project.

Hi to Judy, Sue and all who follow.

I'm going to book club then hiking with a friend at Fort Mountain, a nice park where a mysterious wall was built years ago, probably by the Woodland Indians.  She's off today and it's too nice out to just run 1 1/2mile, so I'll do the run tomorrow. I may be getting overly enthusiastic, but I've started looking at the running calendar for 5k's.

Speaking of books, I read Orphan Train by Kline and liked it.  Not a 5 star, but a good read.

Happy presidents' day. Even though the office is closed, I'm going in because I have to get some work done. Did my PowerBlast class this morning.

Hi Judy. My manoeuvring is still a little stiff from Saturday's run but I can't blame winter for that! Careful out there driving in the snow.

Carol, a HM in 1 degree temps?! Wow. What were you wearing for those conditions?

Marjorie, hope the dentist visit went smoothly.  I think my oldest fillings have all been replaced over the years with the white kind instead of the silver kind.

CrazySue, good luck with your chores.  Yes, DH and I are going to run a marathon in Antarctica in March.  A crazy idea we had four years ago and now the trip is finally here.  We leave March 1 for just over 2 weeks.

Lisa, forensics sounds like a lot of work but what great experience for your DD.  Good luck NOT making it any high up the all-time snowiest winter list, but it sounds inevitable.

Camille, glad to hear you're feeling well enough to check out 5K races!

Hi to everyone else.  Off to the salt mine... I mean work.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

This was a white filling too as it was behind one of the front teeth.  Took him less than 20 min including the numbing which was over 5 min, and me paying etc.  I was home in less than an hour total from when I left the house.  Impressive.

Didn't get the feeling back in my lip nose for several hours.  So running wasn't a good idea as I'd probably have had my nose run all over my face.....

Medium busy day at work.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Marjorie