Womens Running

Cooler Thursday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Cooler is appreciated.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday after work I did an errand, then worked on my run/cardio DVD for 50 minutes after I got home.

Thank you so much for all your kindnesses. DH was resting comfortably yesterday afternoon when I saw him.

DS is to come home Friday morning.

Cardio workout today after work, nursing home and an errand or two.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Cooler is appreciated!!!  Glad that your DS is going to visit and that DH is resting comfortably.  Continued thoughts, prayers!

Had an awesome trail run/hill workout on Tuesday with RB. Out for 6 last night.  SRD today.  Last minute decision to sign up for a 20k on July 4th.  The weather is forecast 50's to start, and figure it is a good way to get a LR.  It is a pretty big event here and only about 40 minutes away.

Have a gret day!

Carol

LC Runs

Judy - thinking of you!

Carol - enjoy your SRD.  My friends are doing the 10k tomorrow at Volkslaufe.  I hope to do that race again, I really enjoyed it  (did the 10k 2 years ago)

Perfect morning for a run..4.4 intervals, I'm trying to work on shorter distance and increased pace.  Though, I did sign up for a 25k in August, so still have to continue with some longer runs

Off work today and tomorrow, no big plans for us, things are kind of up in the air.  Just going to run some errands today and relax!  Felt so nice to sleep in a bit!

ARGGGHHHH!!!  Just found out yesterday that I need to go to a meeting in Boston next week.  I'll be in Long Beach all week for an audit, fly home Friday night and fly out Saturday morning.  The travel service chick is an idiot and I will have to find my own reservations to Boston bc the only contract carrier flight is at 0600 Saturday.  Sad  I have three trips in three weeks and my head is spinning!!!!

Rant over

Had a nice swim this morning.  Ready for a weekend.

Lisa---OMG!!!  That's it!!!  I need to put frozen margarita mix in my drink bottles!!!

camille2

Judy, I'm glad hubby is resting comfortably. I hope you're getting  some rest.

Sue, if I could figure out how to get the equivalent of salt on the rim for the margaritas it would be  perfect in the bottles!

Tessa, the missing runner was never found. His wife is suing Seward's Chamber of Commerce, the race sponsor.

AnnieSusan, I hope I don't sound like the typical Alaskan's values are better. I come from a family of homebodies who love their homes and my sister-in-laws get a thrill from the hunt of perfect things for their houses.  I've always been fascinated by adventurers though, even as a kid reading Trixie Belden and the Hardy boys. A lot of Alaskan's tend to be adventurers and I love the stories.

Hi to everyone else. Hope it's a great weekend!

Anonymous Guest

Did I forget to post here yesterday? I think I did. Oh well, it was a rest day and it was much needed. I did spend about 1/2 hour pedaling easy on the bike in the basement. Then went to bed at 9:30! It was miserable weather outside, DH was going to ride his bike in the afternoon, stuck one arm out the door and said "nope". So the basement it was. Today is supposed to be speed work, but I'm running a 10K tomorrow morning, so will just run easy today and consider tomorrow my speed day. Boss is closing down the office early, I'm just hoping the rain holds off until after I get home and get 6 miles in.

camille, very cool about the injured runner coming back - I remember you posting about it when it happened.

Hi to all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

during the run I saw a lady struggling with her dig. The dog is getting old and having a hard time walking. I stopped and told her I'd bring her Hammy's special leash i got him from when he had his surgery. After my run and shower I took it over to her. She started to cry. This will help her so much and make it easier on the older dog. She said it will probably give them another month before she dies. Nice to be able to help out. It sure will save her back and make it easier for the dog to move and relieve herself.

A little cooler here but not by much. Only because of cloud cover since the hurricane is off our coast.

Nice run Laura.

Hope  the weather us good for the 20k Carol

tessa yes Joint venture is a bit funny. Today only one thing left to fix. Hasn't been a bad week really. It could have been worse.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, that was very kind of you. I'm sure that old lady is very grateful.

Karen, I don't blame DH. Hope you got the run in between storm cells.

Lisa, I am doing a lot of purging of possessions too. But I would have a hard time giving up books. Or fabric.

Judy, glad DH is resting comfortably.

Carol, enjoy the 20k!

Laura, 25k? In August? Sounds hot. I hope it's a shaded course.

Camille, take salt packet, drink lemon concoction, repeat...salt does not stick well to plastic glasses. Trust me on this one.

5.5 this morning before working from home. Also donated blood and the kids and I stripped a lot of the wallpaper from the hall. I think it was an upgrade for the original owner, can't think of any other way the wallpaper would be BEHIND the linen closet which is built in.

10K, then 5K, then parade tomorrow.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, I think the active dying of your spouse was much more difficult than mine. It has helped so much that I have had the separation between home and nursing home to keep me going. Otherwise would have been so hard for me.

Thursday I continued my pattern of 50 minute run/DVD cardio. I’ve had some tooth pain so I am trying to doctor that, keep up the nursing home visits, etc.

DS is on his way here right now. He is a good part of my support group. We will visit the nursing home this afternoon. DS thinks that DH is waiting for him to come here before he passes away. One never knows about these things.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns