Womens Running

Back on track Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Howdy! Storm wasn't too bad. Rain + picking up a lot of small branches this morning. My facility was directed to have admin leave today, so I hope my boss doesn't chew my ass for not TW.

Elina--calm evening w DH and Mini K sounds nice!

Sandy--pho!!  Yum! I'm looking for a good pho place around here.

Later!!  Knitting a sweater for DGD Smile

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Carol, welcome back!  Glad you had a nice time.

Lizzie, why in the world would you be unloading chairs.  Isn't that what the maintenance department does?  Enjoy your nap, I just woke up from one.

Diane, Loup Garou doesn't appeal to me nearly as much.  There were only 13 100 mile finishers and 11 60 mile.  I am not saying no, but IF I still do pursue a 100K, I will likely go for it at Javalena.  That race sounds like a hoot and is more supported and fun.  Easier to get through.  But yes, the AZ heat could be a big factor.  Also, Loup Garou is in easy driving distance for me at 7 hours.  That makes possibly doing both feasible.  I have Louisiana already, so if there weren't enough finishers for the Maniacs it wouldn't be a big deal.  Overall, I like bigger races (not huge) for the camaraderie and other runner support.  Who knows...  Right now for me it is still a pipe dream.

Elina, nice run.  Enjoy the quiet evening.

So, the place I sent my application to messaged me and we will chat tomorrow morning, YAY.  Not that it means anything, but I think doing contracting work is kinda a low key "interview" as it is just a vaccine clinic.  The only bummer would be if both clinics open their bidding at the same time for the same month.  Cross that bridge when I get to it.

Need to get up and moving, have to hit Target before work.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Still hot and humid, ready for fall. Ran 5.9 miles, they were rough. Got a new mattress at Costco, it weighs a lot more than the old one, so it was quite a hassle getting it upstairs.

Arimathea

Tessa

Kupcakes, wrestling a mattress up the stairs is definitely cross training.

Ginny, no they do not have the run of the house. Right now they are not quite four weeks and they still have accidents. They are confined to the front bathroom and (under supervision) the hallway. They go for shots tomorrow (if it's open) then we will slowly expand their horizon as they get more trustworthy with getting to the litterbox. Eventually they will be allowed into the kitchen, then the living room, then the guest room. DS does not let them in his room and they are not allowed in the master bedroom -- that's the sanctuary for the older cats, no kittens admitted. A low bookcase makes a barrier that the adults can jump over but the babies can't scale.

Sandy, Sis came up today and transformed 5 scruffy little kittens into fluffy little kittens. They all got baths. They were not happy. But they don't have a mom to groom them and they have no idea how to wash their bottoms.

Elina, good luck with keeping a potential move a secret!

Susan, TW? And if you are out in Long Beach again you should be able to find a number of pho places. I thought a lot of people from Vietnam settled in your area too?

Lisa, Kat, Ginny, whoever else is doing the race this weekend, good luck.

Diane, Javelina is hot. Very hot. RN has done it.

3.6 this morning. Was hoping to get to the gym but I didn't. Class tonight.

Anonymous Guest

I've been running around all day. Trying to get all the errands done before we get the puppy on Saturday! Spent this afternoon at the Volvo dealership getting my regular maintenance done. I did run 6 easy miles this morning. And got groceries and did a bunch of laundry. I think I"m still recovering from the weekend - I'm tired.

Riley did good for Riley at the pool yesterday. We finally put him in a life jacket and were able to "help" him walk in deeper than he could touch and swim. He's a good swimmer, he's just afraid to get in there. He went in on his own once, and when he was swimming he was doing really good. So we ordered him a life jacket on Amazon and will see if that helps in the backyard. Big baby, he is. The lady that owns the place was really good at figuring out how to get dogs in the water, but he's a stubborn one.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel