Womens Running

How is it MONDAY?! (DAILIES) (Read 23 times)

Ok, Elina, what am I missing?  I know you had K .........some 'friends' don't know about her? I'm confused ............ how often have I said that today?

ginnyb

Sandy...may I join you on the wine/popcorn diet???  Popcorn is my favorite.  Hope you get over your sickness soon!

Lizzie....you are a machine!  I wish I had your energy.  Cake is definitely called for tonight.  By the way the brownie/peanut butter/snicker pie was AWESOME!  I was good and only had a sliver.

Oh no about the foot Karen.  Hopefully just one of those weird things that go away as fast as they come.

Yes Turtles, what is the book you were reading?  I just read a pretty good one  "Carnegie's maid"  about the Carnegie family, I love historical fiction.  Also " the Music Shop"  really good.

Tessa...sorry about the bad night's sleep.  sounds like you and Diana had a good time.

Ran 5 miles on the TM on Sunday and did upper body with trainer this morning.  I seem to have a lot of niggles these days, mostly in the hip area.  I am thinking it is just age and wear and tear as I have been doing this crazy running thing since 1978.

Hi to everyone.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Kilmisters

Ok, Elina, what am I missing?  I know you had K .........some 'friends' don't know about her? I'm confused ............ how often have I said that today?

My colleagues (former ones) didnt know about K. I hadnt told them. But apparently even tho I told this fact to very few people, rumors spread Smile

YAY. We got Kekava (our town) award - best female sports team of the year! Super amazing award, there was lots of competition!

Promo video (made by Latvian Floorball Federation video guy) to those who aren't familiar w what floorball is Smile :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvwDZrVj9bs&feature=youtu.be

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Books: I've read a lot of duds recently. The Orphan's Tale got better as I read it (just finished it a week or so ago). Historical fiction - The Other Einstein was okay, I really liked The Last Days of Night. I read both I Liked My Life  and Sourdough recently and I remember enjoying them both. Now looking at my Goodreads list.....Spoonbenders by Daryl Gregory. It was kinda slow and odd to start, but I ended up really liking it. Little Fires Everywhere was better than I thought it was going to be. The Girl with all the Gifts - wouldn't have read it if I'd known the storyline in advance, but really enjoyed it. Right now I'm reading The Cuban Affair by Nelson DeMille, with books by David Baldacci, Lee Child and Ken Follett on deck, so no great literature in my near future.

My ankle/foot is really weird. I got my tri bike downstairs and aired up the tires and was limping when I did so. Then it got a little better and I took the bike out and rode around my neighborhood, didn't bother my foot at all. And now it feels perfectly fine. I went to the grocery store, did some cleaning and stuff around the house, and the walking doesn't hurt at all. I'm still taking today off from running just in case, but I don't know what's going on. It almost felt like something was out of place......I hope the pain doesn't come back.

Diana, so glad you had such a fun weekend and got to meet up and run with Tessa. Wedding sounded fun and I bet you and DH tore the floor up dancing.

So I caught up on everyone, but I'm kind of tired, so hi to all.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Gah, work stress.  I need to learn to care less.  Today was supposed to be a SRD but I think I'm going to log off early and take a little joggity jog and/or walk tonight.  It's 71 today, too hot for February!

Karen, wait, what?  David Baldacci is NOT great literature?  Are you sure about that?

Kilmisters, congrats on the award for best female sports team!  I saw your name on the back of a jersey in the video, #3?  (Here's the live link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvwDZrVj9bs&feature=youtu.be)

Ginny, nice TM miles and trainer workout.  How could you eat only a sliver of such a yummy sounding pie?!

az2mn, sounds like a fun trip to CA in many ways!

Tessa, thank you for keeping the trails clean.  Ford Ord has a reasonably long 50k cutoff (10 hours) because there's a 100k going on at the same time.  Weather is always sort of a wildcard, though, since anything can happen in February and the course is pretty open and exposed.

CrazySue, congrats on the AG award in the du!

Lizzie, fun that you're trying something new at your haircut appointment.  I need to make an appointment.  I'm so boring, I always get the same cut.  My idea of excitement is getting lowlights with my highlights.

Seloc, ugh on the lung crud.  I feel your pain, that was me in November.  It'll take time but you'll bounce back.  Definitely take it easy on workouts if you're still coughing up a lung.  And don't hurt your ribs like I did!  I highly encourage you to eat popcorn, drink beer, sit on the couch, and watch shows for sake of recovery.

Kupcakes, ouch on the foot bruise but at least you were dressed right for the race.

Judy, busy weekend for you as usual!

Turtles, I remember my hair freezing when I was in college.  I was unlucky enough to have an 8 am class on the opposite side of campus and by the time I arrived, my hair was crunchy.  Then I moved back to CA.    Yes, do tell what book kept you up late reading?

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Evening!  Traveled to SC most of the day, ugh.  It's nice and cool here (50s today, 60s tomorrow), but it's super hilly, and my 5.20 were horrid, lol.  I was coughing and dying all at once and all over. Ha.

Lizzie, nice run!

HCK, hoping traffic was not too bad.

Judy, chicken vegetable soup, yum.

Susan, congrats on the du!

Sandy, oh, no. Hoping you feel better soon.

Karen, ugh.  Hoping you just need an ankle adjustment!

Cathy, going to bed late to finish a book is how it must be done!

Tessa, sorry about the air quality again.

Diana, sounds like a great time. Congrats!

Elina, sorry about the bad day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, congrats on the award for best female sports team!  I saw your name on the back of a jersey in the video, #3?  (Here's the live link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvwDZrVj9bs&feature=youtu.be)

Yes, #3 Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diana, I am staying outside of Page at the Lake Powell resort.  With the race discount it was a decent price.  Not too far away.  Where are you??

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Tessa, did you see that the Bishop High Sierra trail run is back?  http://bishopultras.com/bhsu/  It's been on hiatus for the past 3 years but apparently has a new RD now.  I'm intrigued since it might be good training for TRT, given the elevation (although not a lot of climbing).  MTA: wait, never mind.  I just checked the date and realized it's the weekend after Pinelands.  Something tells me that back to back 50k races would not be wise...

Kat, you asked the other day about what races I'm contemplating.  The one on March 10 is Marin Ultra Challenge 50k, and the 50 miler in July is Tahoe Rim Trail.

I'm spending entirely too much time on Ultra Signup, lol.  Good night, all.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR