Womens Running

Oh YEAH its the WEEKEND! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 16 with some fast miles at the end, later.  My sinuses are feeling better but sleeping a bit more helped.  And Bugsy woke us up again at 6:30am but he was evicted from the bedroom and stayed nice and quiet waiting for us for 3 more hours, poor thing.

Karen, oh, no!  Hoping it's OK.

Tessa, I get that sometimes.  My husband just rolls his eyes when he (1) hears someone saying "Damaris?", and (2) comments like "I love your hair" from strangers.  He is used to it happening every trip now.  LOL.

HCK, good luck and kill it!

Liz, we normally have allergy season all year long, due to the weather.  But March and April are normally the worse.  I am going to Columbia, SC, for work training.  No one wanted to go to this one and I have gone to this particular one three times, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Weather looks downright miserable for tomorrow! I'm heading out for a bit soon in the cold for lunch, some gatorade, and ibuprofen. Sharp ankle pain is gone, but i can now feel it some when I walk. It better be okay tomorrow. Any other race and I'd be happy to use it as an excuse to blow off the race, but for some sick reason, now that they are saying it's going to be worse than 2015, more like the 2007 nor'easter conditions, I want the finish. Getting out this afternoon will also be good as I seem to have trouble finding T station even when they are right in front of me - I end up with my phone on google maps and circling where it's supposed to be until I finally notice a sign or steps down. I've got the orange line station finally figured out (I was late meeting friends for dinner due to the circling and confusion), but want to take the green line in the morning.

Liz, fantastic running week for you. I understand how you're feeling about your dad - I'm there with my 80-year-old one. They can't figure out what's wrong with mine, and although he says he feels fine when he's just sitting around, he can't walk farther than from the living room to the kitchen without getting winded. He's always been pretty active, so it sucks seeing that. Plus I worry since they can't figure it out, what else is going on. Anyway, I hope your dad's issue is minor and easily treatable. And I hope they have a wonderful trip.

R4K, how was the race? Miserable? Awesome? A little of both?

Damaris, sigh. That's faster miles at the end, if you're feeling up to it! I should know better than to give you options by now, you're always going to try the harder one. (that's what she said?)

Aww, Ginny, I'm sorry you've been sick. You've still got 5 weeks, and you're so strong with all your work with your trainer, I think you'll still be okay for May 20.

Laura, your storm/weekend weather sounds awful. Maybe okay in January, but unacceptable in mid-April! Thank goodness you have the TM.

Elina, great job on the the trail race!

Sandy, sorry about the run fail and the weather. You obviously need more beer.

Tessa, yes, you get it. Everyone on this forum would enjoy this weekend in Boston so much. Not only the random encounters with friends from all over, but when you go out to eat, they ask who at the table is running the marathon, people just strike up conversations on the T (I may have convinced a local to take up running after our conversation on the Silver line from the airport, plus I had a really fun conversation with another girl that's in my corral - we're both going to be looking for the biggest guy in our corral to draft behind). The place is overrun with people wearing Boston jackets from previous years and from what I've seen both times I've been here, the people that live here do not mind the place being overrun. Unlike a lot of places, they embrace it here and are happy you're here and impressed that you're running.

Okay, off to find the Government Center T stop. And lunch and snacks. Then back to ice the ankle, take some ibuprofen, write up training plans for next week, and rest until dinner plans at 7...that one is on the orange line so after last night, should be able to get there with considerably less confusion on my part.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Miserable allergy non-stop coughing weekend. No run. My throat is still so sore from all the coughing. Had a coughing fit in the middle of church. Ugh.

Karen--would kt tape on the ankle help tomorrow?? You got this--ignore the race nerves

LC Runs

5 miles on the TM, wasn't too bad, actually. Did a short ab routine and stretching afterward.

Sandy - bad runs suck, but the next one will be good, that's why we keep coming back!!

Damaris - hope you feel better!

Karen - ugh on this weather, hope it is not too terrible tomorrow.  And ugh on the ankle!

Tessa - races were cancelled because of ice, most of the state is in the midst of a snow/sleet/rain/ice storm and wind gusts of up to 40 mph.  Many places are closed and they are advising no travelling.  I'm assuming school will be closed tomorrow but of course they won't announce it until 5 am or something.

K - glad you won!!  This weather sucks so bad!

Lizzie - glad you enjoyed the dinner with your parents, sounds delish!!

Sue - sorry you are still feeling bad, hang in there!

Half Crazy K 2.0

2:10:58. Not what I wanted, but the 2nd half was into a 30mph headwind, so really not much I could do. I was very glad I overdressed. I had a light jacket I took off at mile 2, but put back on as soon as I hit the turnaround.

Seloc

Cathy - congrats to DD!  She's hard core.  No, I do not wear a HRM.  Thinking of maybe getting the Garmin 35.  Maybe.  Keep in mind that I might be a bit dramatic AND a bit of a wimp.  I can still talk while running with the fast girls - it's just not at my comfortably slow pace.  If I do get a HRM it will probably just prove how BIG of a wimp I am in addition to being out of shape!  HA.  SUPER HAPPY you had a pain free run!  I suspect you will come back quickly.  Fingers crossed the foot behaves!!

Sue - glad your project update went well!  Sorry the allergies have you down and out.  Hope you are getting lots of rest this weekend.

Diane - frustrating about chiro.  Glad you have a good MT.

Lizzie - ahhhhhhhhhhhh if only we could ALWAYS hit the grocery at 9:30am.  Le sigh.  Hope you enjoyed your spaghetti!  Proud of you for having a nice relaxing day after your 20.  I seriously cannot even believe we live in the same country - hot?  I have no idea what that feels like anymore.  Did you find any good running tops at ON?  MMMMMMMMMMMMM sushi.  Oh I love it so.  Have I mentioned how much I would love to emulate your workout schedule??  I wanna be like you when I grow up!!  For realz.  Oh sweets, I'm sorry about the worry for your pops but TOTALLY get it.  I'll be thinking of him and sending positive vibes.  Hope they have a GREAT trip!!

Damaris - proud of you for taking a complete rest day on Friday!  Cuz they are RARE for you.  Cracking up at the asshat kit kats waking you up.  It was soooooo dang windy on Friday night it woke me up a couple times and Leo, too.  He then decided he wanted to play fetch with his sparkly pom ball at midnight.  Sheesh.  Go get those 16 today!!

Gatsby - more like extra wimpery instead of baddassary for me yesterday.  Ugh.  WISH I woulda been your mileage twin.  Guess I gotta get on the spaghetti bandwagon.  Looks like your bird liked it, too!  That cracked me up.

Laura - you are freakin AWESOME getting your mileage in still.  This weather is crap.  Just crap.  Pretty sure it's going to take until June before spring arrives and we thaw out.  Did you make it to the brewery?  Super horrible driving here, too, yesterday.  But, I drive a Jeep and just stayed in town - made it to the bar.  What else is there to do when it's like this??  A bunch of races were canceled here, too.  One that had been running 50 some years straight even.  Kinda a big deal.

Ginny - yep, I'd like to sleep until July as well.  This sucks.  Ass.

Elina!  WOOHOO on your race!  Huge congrats!  Of course you killed it - we expected nothing less.  Betcha you are enjoying an NHL playoff matinee as I type.  Wild play tonight - game 3 against the Jets.  Looking like its gonna be four and out.

Karen - gurrrrrrrrrrrrrl you are going to do awesome tomorrow.  And look at you being all extroverty in Boston.  It sounds SO much fun!  Some day I'd like to go out and spectate.  Will be rooting for (and stalking) you tomorrow!  Super excited for the elite women, too - Shalane, Jordan, Molly, Desi - what an awesome field.  And Deena, too!  You MUST take a pic if you see any of them.  Oh no about the ankle.  Sounds like you have a good plan in place to get it (and you) to the starting line.  I cannot even IMAGINE how intense the pre-race jitters are for this marathon but you GOT this!!  And we are ALL cheering for you!!

HCK - congrats on the half!!  Holy crap, girl, that's an awesome time with those WINDS.  Wind is the WORST!!  Enjoy the post race glow.

Hey Kat - been thinking of you!  Wish you could join me for wine this afternoon.

Nothing much good to say here today.  In a "I'm never going to run again" frame of mind.  12+ inches of snow and it's still falling.  Also blowing like crazy.  House is spotless, every last article of clothing is clean except for what is on my body.  Even made some 2 ingredient bagels.  Shoveled the front walk since the association wont be by until sometime tomorrow.  Trying to burn SOME energy.  Drinking wine cuz what else is there to do.  Negative Nelly out...

LC Runs

Kupcakes - great job, especially considering the wind!!

Sandy - yes, we did go to  the Brewery, the roads actually weren't too bad in town yesterday afternoon, I have an AWD car and it's good on the snow.  Today it is icy and a mess, though BF and I went to get a DVD in town (took his truck).  Our neighbor was completely stuck and unable to drive around our road (FWD car), BF and two other neighbors pushed him out.  I'm having DS stay here tonight instead of driving to his dad's, he is only about a mile away but I'm pretty sure they won't have school tomorrow so why risk it?  He would be driving my other DS, too.  We are two peas in a pod, I am a negative nelly and am also drinking the vino (which I bought in anticipation of this storm LOL)!!

Seloc

Laura - CHEERS!!  Dang, wish I was closer - I'd invite myself over haha.  I actually did not have a lick of alcohol in the house but luckily the liquor store is only a mile away and even LUCKIER that MN finally passed a law last year to sell on Sundays!  Main roads around here aren't bad since temps are high 20s and trucks were out all night.  But, yeah, not sure I'd want a kid out driving in it regardless.  Enjoy your vino!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hi Ladies!!

HCBF and I had so much to do today..but...we went to a few places this morning and then came home and passed out for 2 hours. LOL. Not much got done. Haha. Smile That is what Sundays are for, right? Plus, my stomach is a mess for some reason. We were going to go out to eat but decided to stay home and grill out burgers. YUM!! We have some severe weather coming through so hopefully we get them done before!

They are building a new neighborhood behind us, so of course we had to go look at the houses. SO. NICE. Makes me want to redo the floors Smile I am loving the grayish/brown hardwood.

Not ready to go to work tomorrow..nnnootttttt readddyyyyy

Docket - You do a lot of trainings in SC, right? Are you planning on doing some outside runs while you are there? Good luck on the 16! I know you’ll kill it like usual Smile

Karen - I am so sorry that the weather looks miserable. You WILL finish. You got this!! Anyway you could pick up some KT tape or something for the ankle?? It might be a big help. I was meaning to ask you about your dad and if they have made any progress Sad Poor thing. It sucks watching your parents get old. LOL at the thats what she said Smile Have a great dinner and a GREAT race tomorrow. We will all be thinking about you!!

Susan - UGGGHHH get better already!!!!

Laura - Nice treadmill miles and ab work today! So, we are getting something that is coming from your area of the country. No snow. Haha. Severe storms and even tornado warning overnight tonight. You know me, I don’t care I just don’t want it impacting my run! Smile I wish I was getting the snow, though. Smile I have been meaning to ask you - did the nurse accept the job?? Glad you were able to make it to the brewery! Smart to have the kids stay home! Smile

Sandy - I know I sound like a broken record, but I really am sorry that you are dealing with such crappy weather conditions Sad I am a snow lover, but enough is enough! Cathy sent me a picture of what she got today..looks pretty! BUT I don’t think I could handle it all the time. How are those AZ plans coming along? Smile You are going to have great upper body strength by the time winter is over Smile Old Navy - I ended up going today..walked into the store..saw the excessively long line..and walked out. LOL. This is why I do online shopping. I can’t deal with people that long. Smile Plus as I was walking in, I saw my ex's wife. Ruined the vibe for me because I did not want to run into him! You could totally do my workout schedule, girl! It will be a lot easier to do when your weather cooperates. Smile You drive a jeep?! What kind!? HCBF and I want one so bad. Not until there is another commitment of course Wink

Run4kupcakes - Congratulations! Sorry that it wasn’t the time you wanted. Still is impressive considering the head wind. Nice job toughing it out! Seems like everyone is dealing with awful weather!

Have a great night ladies!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Lizzie - I have heard nothing about the nurse  - all they had to do was run the background check and then offer her the job...no one keeps me posted on anything and I am so irritated about it.  Not to mention the posting for the job (we had another nurse leave last week) is now gone so no one knows if it was taken down by mistake or if they have people to interview (all of that is done through another office).  So RIDICULOUS!!

On another note, TWD finale  is tonight....!!!!

ginnyb

Someone tell me how we can be having tornado warnings now and it’s like 35 degrees!  Been pouring and high winds all day, lots of flooding!  Even our downtown, the lake waves are coming up and over the pier. We are fine.  Weird, weird weather.  I blame it on Obama, apparently anything bad that happens is his fault.  Sorry couldn’t help it, not political.

so with the rotten weather I baked my famous chocolate layer cake and chocolate chip cookies.  I will need to roll in to the gym tomorrow.  I. Have. To. Go. Tomorrow.

karen I hope everything goes okay tomorrow.  That’s neat about the atmosphere in Boston, I found NYC to be that way for the marathon too.

Liz, hope all ends up ok for your dad.

Sandy, so sorry about the snow.  At least we don’t have that!  Wish we lived closer, we could console one another.

oh I forgot to ask if anyone here has watched “Good Girls” ?

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Evening.  My 16 felt harder than my 21 but they were done and at great paces.  I am glad to be tapering, lol.

Karen, good luck tomorrow!  And yeah, you should know better when giving me stuff to run... 

Susan, hope you feel better soon.

Laura, nice job on the 5.

HCK, nice job!  Sounds like tough conditions.

Sandy, hope you can get outdoors soon, yikes.

Liz, it is super hilly there so we will see (think 10-15% inclines).  Karen gave me 4 full miles tomorrow and it should be 60F tomorrow night so I will probably do them outside.  The rest of the week looks hot so TM it shall be.  We need to do our floors but these saltillo tiles can't be removed (would cost a bundle), so we will probably put some over them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, way to tough out that 16!

Laura, wow on the ice and snow.

Ginny, do tornadoes normally happen in warmer weather?

Susan, fear of coughing fit is why I didn't go to church today -- I'm still croaky and coughing and didn't want to interrupt the service. Since I was at a vestry retreat most of yesterday I figure it will be understood why I didn't show up this morning.

I did manage to get 3 miles before WW, though.

Karen, great for meeting people! Hope you can find the T. Do you have to take the T to the bus departure point? And I suspect Boston is welcoming to the runners because the residents know how much money and attention the marathon brings to their city. i'm sure that's part of the real estate disclosures in Hopkinton and environs, too -- how far a house is from the course. As in "you will have a front row seat at the starting line -- and you will not be able to get out of your driveway until late afternoon, so if you need to be somewhere else on Patriot's Day, we recommend you stay there the night before. Oh, and plan on opening up your bathroom to athletes before the start."

Sunday night already?  Waaaaaah!  Hope everyone had a good weekend.  I did 23 trail miles yesterday with a couple RC friends who are training for a race.  They wanted to check out part of the course so I hopped in with them.  Developed a weird ankle niggle from new shoes, though.  I think the top of the shoe was bumping into my ankle, which gradually got bruised and sore.  But the ankle seemed fine today in a different pair of shoes.  Weird, since the problem shoes are Brooks Cascadia 10s, which I've been wearing for a while now.  This pair must be a lemon, haha.  Good thing they were fairly cheap on sale when I bought them!

Kilmisters, great job on your trail race!

Kupcakes, nice job on your race too, and still a good HM time, especially with a headwind.

Karen, go out there and kick ass in the miserable conditions tomorrow.  Be one of those people who tell stories about how you survived the Boston monsoon of 2018.  Besides, you already bought the jacket.  

CrazySue, Tessa -- sorry to hear you're still sick!

Seloc, bummer about the LR bonk.  Not sure if this makes you feel any better, but we all bonk.  Probably a combination of factors (weather being a big one) but I like your theory about the necessity of beer + carbs the night before.    But, sounds like you were quite productive whilst in your "I'm never going to run again" funk.  All of which is to say, hopefully you can make AZ happen next winter!

LC, smart girl ensuring that you have vino for the snow day!

Damaris, nice 16!

Ginny, hope next week is better for you.

Lizzie, big mileage week for you last week!  Honestly, I've never run a 60 mile week, I think my body would rebel.  Bummer about the bad tummy today.  Good call taking it easy!  Enjoy your cutback week!

Kat, hope all's well

DHuff, hope your weekend went well too.

Off to find some ice cream.  Have a great week!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR