Womens Running

Sleep at your DESK THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 15 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

National Public Sleeping Day? I can get behind that. I have a blankey in my office Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for meee!!

No cross training today..just rest. Ah. Will of course do my daily stairs. LR tomorrow isn't going to be very fun. I am going to have to overdress a little because it is going to be COLD rain mixed with snow. Sigh. Hopefully its light. Tired of the rain lately!

Leaving early today to head to the cardiologist with HCF. Not much else to report. Can you believe MARCH is tomorrow?!

Judy – Glad the rib is feeling better! Hope you had a good run this morning!

Run4kupcakes – Nice run!! WTH?! A murder?! That is SCARY! Did they find who did it? Wonder if it was random. MMMM bacon smell on a run Smile

Happy Thursday! One more day!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, I doubt the murder was random. It happened in a somewhat isolated section of a quiet neighborhood. She was parked somewhere where there are no houses. Unless someone was having a huge Tuesday night party, there just isn't a reason to be stopped there at midnight.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 11 miles today.  I wrote an RR for the race, but not sure if I want to bore you with pics of drinks and rides, lol.

Liz, enjoy the rest.  I'm WFH, so I could get into the sleeping on my desk.

HCK, yeah, sounds like she was driven or forced to drive there where she was killed (or after killing her). Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, my guess is she thought she was meeting someone there. Odd location to chose.

ETA, just saw a news story. While they don't know if it's related, the victim was arrested last week. She slashed a female across the face with a knife over a guy.

I walked w DH and Skye this morning.  Still sore. I wanted to run but decided not to make it worse.  ;(

UGH.  So my boss was not in the room yesterday, but she wants me to give her a "post mortem" of my presentation and what I can do next time to make it better.  UGH!! Leave me alone!!!

I do have a blanket in my office.  Tempted to curl up in a corner with it.

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I have some miles on the schedule this morning. It says 10, but 8 of them are 2 at HMP with 3 minutes easy in between, so if I add in those 3 minute intervals it will probably be closer to 11. Longest and hardest run this week. Apparently a cold front came through and stalled over Houston but luckily we are on the cold side, so it's low 50s all day. Just a bit to the east it's 70s and foggy and humid. I think I'm going to head to a park to do my run, so waiting for school traffic to die down then will head out. Plus it's just down the road from the post office, so I will finally stop there and mail my mom my old phone. I was a little stiff and sore this morning - why does that seem to happen more on an easy/cutback week than a tough week?

Kathryn, sorry you came back to a sucky work environment. Hopefully things will resolve and be better. Yay for getting out the door for a few miles!!

Cathy, glad you and your friend have each other to talk to about home issues. It does help to get it out.

HCK, yikes on the murder!

Liz, rest days are mentally hard. Then again, I just looked at the next few weeks on my plan and I after this week I have only one XT day with no running and one rest day until I start tapering. Yikes.

Damaris, I saw the link to your RR on fb so just read it. I enjoyed reading it, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Susan, your boss drama is just never ending! Maybe tell her it would have gone better if you didn't have to read her stupid script but instead talked like a normal person.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Where I used to work in a room we all had a sweater or blanket because drafts would sometimes come in. The business was good about the heat and everything but sometimes in any place a blanket is a good idea. 

Fifty minutes running on the TM with a 10 minute fast walk this morning. Keeping to the routine.

Volunteer work tomorrow and this weekend. Pork chop and tomatoes in the tiny crock pot for supper.

Fluffed up sparrows use my balcony railing for a jump flight. I’m glad they are back. I’ve missed them.

Happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Man, I kept thinking that yesterday was Thursday!    6 easy miles for me on the TM this morning.  Nice and relaxing.    Younger DD was awake at 5 AM this morning, she was nervous about her Battle of the Books competition today.  Her team has won the last 2 years, so they are the defending champions.  She has been so nervous about it!  So I am nervous too.    It started at 9:00, and if she makes it to the finals then the final match will be at 3:00 in front of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.  A friend is putting updates on FB.  

Lizzie, sometimes I have considered bringing a blanket to work.  Or my Huggle.    I have a heater so that usually is OK.  Enjoy the rest!  I am pretty sure that I am not running outside this weekend!  February was particularly brutal this year.  The most I have run on the TM ever.  I am blaming Sandy, haha.

Kupcakes, scary about the murder.  We had one down the block from us, domestic situation.  Haha, it is a good thing I run in the early morning, I would not be able to run past pizza places, etc while the smells are wafting out.    Nice workout last night!

Damaris, enjoy the 11!  Haha, sounds like my kind of race recap.  

Karen, that sounds like a tough workout!  No doubt that you will kill it.  Also sounds like nice running weather!

Cathy

Arimathea

Tessa

Every day is Public Sleeping Day in Los Angeles, especially in the subways.

Haven't posted in nearly a week, sorry -- things heated up at work and 2 days of travel didn't help. I did get to meet Sandy, though!

Just a flyby, I will try to be back once two massive projects are done. 5.4 this morning. Very glad I WFH on Thursdays, the traffic looked worse than usual.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I scheduled my CAPM test retake for Monday. I went over some of the material yesterday and took a practice test this morning to test myself – 83!! WOOT!! I didn’t even get that high before the heart attack. Haha – nice little confidence boost before the test! I hope I pass the real one!

Docket – Enjoyed reading your race report! I feel like you know everyone! You see someone you know everywhere you go! Smile Sorry for the sleep and foot troubles! Not sure how you did all that running and park hopping on such little sleep! Hope your foot is feeling a bit better now! You and your BFF should do that every year Smile Sounds like a lot of fun!

Run4kupcakes – Uh oh. I may have laughed a little.

Susan – Smart to rest! I hate your boss.

Karen – Hope you had a great run in awesome temperatures Smile  I feel the same on lower mileage weeks – like everything is sore and I hurt. Why does that happen!? Weird. Only 2 rest days after this week? AHH. I don’t know how you do it. Its like..you are superhuman Smile  I believe it though. Smile

Judy – Nice run this morning. Yum, dinner sounds good. My mom used to make pork chop all the time when I was a kid..now I can’t eat it.

Cathy – I kept thinking yesterday was Thursday, too! This week has been lasting forever. Actually, February has been lasting forever. I am ready for it to be over. Nice run for you this morning! Good luck to DD!! Let us know how she does! She should have done had some time with Jeff to calm down Smile So crazy how you and Sandy had one of your worst Winter’s and we had one of our warmest. Global warming I guess.

Tessa – Good to hear from you! Hopefully things calm down for you soon!

Have a good afternoon everyone! I am out of here. Heading to the cardiologist..never thought I would say that at 32.

Can I just say “ditto to everything Lizzie just said”?  

And nice job on the practice test, Lizzie!

8 miles today, TURD yesterday thanks to work.  

I’m going to be a little scarce for a few days. Cutting back on social media type stuff and screen time in general. I’m still having trouble sleeping so I’m trying to reduce stress and screen time to see if that helps.  Wish I could cut back on work, which is a big cause of both!  Seems worse lately for some reason.  I’m not disappearing, but I’m limiting my non-work internet time to a few minutes in the morning, lunch, and before dinner.  So apologies for being brief!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

GatsbyBird, please let us know how you are doing from time to time? Hope work gets better. Maybe spending time with your birds will help? We will miss you and hope you can come back soon. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns