Womens Running

It's Hump Day Supermoms (Read 22 times)

strollermama

eh - No just for occasional care (running) or when I need help picking him up.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

R still having diarrhea. DH said his stomach hurts, and mine is starting to feel queasy/gurgly. *please let it be a coincidence* I'm pretty sure that 3 people with diarrhea in a house with one toilet is my worst nightmare.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - same day cancellation = they get charged, I pretty much don't care for what reason.

eh - omg i can't even fathom running 20 miles after working for 5 hours much less 12! I personally would not do it, but you are somewhat used to doing that kind of craziness, right?  I am wearing a skirt and a tank top in Richmond.

ernie - well I got the skirt this morning, I would rather physio wait until next week as a tuneup before my next race.  Massage can wait until after Richmond.  After skirt and physio, the next things on the priority list are new shoes and hair.  Guess you couldn't see how horrible my hair was on Saturday since I had just rolled out of bed.  I find even restaurant rapini to be horribly bitter.

arm - it is pretty easy for me to choose race outfits, since I always, ALWAYS race in a skirt.  So if it's cold I would layer tights underneath.  Then anything above 0 C is short sleeve, unless it is a cold rain, then I'll add a jacket.

stroller - I am like that with B, except, "why can't he follow directions, pay attention and participate?!" it doesn't help that most of his swimming class are girls.  Mild mannered, well behaved girls.

becky - how many 5Ks are there to choose from in 1 day?

CA - yeah I made that noodle dish a couple weeks ago.  Everyone liked it, even B.

spike - I like pink but I feel more me wearing blue.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

armmama

So apparently when I have a kid home sick who isn't really sick I don't want to be home and I go shopping.  CVS, Trader Joe's and REI.  I bought myself a hat and am ridiculously excited about it.  I can't remember the last time I owned a hat. Got L some boots, a hat and mittens. The girls and I are going shopping for their stuff tonight.  I also got a weather shield for the BOB and found some salted caramel GU.  It was a good morning!

stroller - have a great weekend with DH!!

spike - I swear whenever my kids are sick I have sympathy pains.  Hopefully it's just that and all 3 of you aren't sick at once!

beckykay

Spike - Meh, I don't think any run is a waste - just depends on how much it costs Wink

CA:  Wow, yeah - no surprise there.  My hip has been bothering me as well.  I think mine is bursitis though.

Zorbs:  Lol, several actually.  Most of the time I don't find out about races until after the fact.  This weekend is the I am woman 5k and some Lick or treat pet 5k something or other.  OR I could just run with some of the ladies training for longer distances who scoff at 5ks Smile

Arm:  That sounds like a plan to me!  I love shopping.

So unmotivated to do work today....

runnergirl9508

RR2: 8.6miles after bootcamp this morning. legs felt tired so I kept the pace nice and easy.

zorbs: I will charge them on the same day if it's a no call/no show, or if I have already driven to the gym and they cancel last minute. It's a 4-minute drive for me, not a huge deal, but it's more of an inconvenience thing. I say get the skirt- you ran so close to your PR, and worked your butt off.

reh: how'd the run go? wow, 20 miles after a 12hr shift sounds rough, but if it's the best weather option i'd probably go for it! I would have sh!t bricks if the aunts wanted to stay over again, and probably got a hotel room downtown by myself for the night, lol. Hope the dress up day goes well. I remember having to wear some ridiculous costume for school once for Flag Day- it was awful.

Ernie- hope the tempo run goes well today! it was COLD this morning- I was wishing I had gloves. lol on S "booing" the other moms. Ugh, R has had the door opening mastered for a while- I never get an uninterrupted bathroom trip anymore. I think the aunts felt guilty about the inconvenience they caused, and they're trying to kiss butt now and make up for it.

Cx2- brrr, cold here too! yay for a 5K race! will you be running it with anyone else? lol, R's head was huge too last year- I had to buy a 2/3T size hat and the mittens kept falling off him. Glad that you were able to get your demo in yesterday. Ugh on the afternoon meeting- sounds like torture!

becky- nice job on your run this morning! lol on crawling back under the covers- i'd never make it to work if I did that! I say go for it and do the 5K this weekend! mmm, black bean burgers sound yummy! I like mine topped with a ton of homemade guac.

arm- glad your run was without incident today! oh no- load up on Vitamin C and stay healthy. awww, poor DD2! I hope you two have a fun day together. yay for getting organized- makes it feel more like home! whoop on the shopping!

stroller- enjoy your RD- glad you got some good runs in already this week! aw, so glad that H and the new sitter hit it off so well. Yay for only 2 days, how awesome!!!  DH and I have had one night away since R was born- the night before my marathon in May- not exactly a romantic weekend. lol- I seriously would have walked out if they had stayed!

CA- have a great run with RP later. hope the hip holds up- rest day tomorrow? glad that M was in a better mood last night. R tries to dump the water out too, silly kids. Does your DH do much cooking? that's awesome that RP will be on the podcast! I saw the tweet about it yesterday.

spike- hope you can get out for your 5 tonight. ugh, I hope that you and DH aren't getting sick too!. sorry about the craziness at work. I need new running shoes too, thanks for the reminder. I'm like you- certain people i'm ok with a surprise visit from, other people not so much.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

Ugh, tempo run was a major struggle this morning. The 6 tempo km splits were 4:51, 4:51, 4:44, 4:52, 4:43 and 4:41. Way slower than last week but I just could not make my legs move faster. I got chased by a pack of poodles at the beginning of my run so maybe that threw me off my game, lol.

~~~~~~~

spike - Does R brush his hair with your comb or is he just stealing it to play with? Omg, I hope you do not have diarrhea - three people with upset tummies and only one bathroom would not be good!

zorbs - Even if rapini is sauteed or baked into something, it needs to be boiled first. That will take a lot of the bitterness out. It's still going to have a bit of bitterness though, that's its natural flavour and why it pairs nicely with flavours like hot Italian sausage or strong cheese. if you still find it too bitter after it's been boiled it might be not a great crop or you may just not be a rapini person.

eh - Ooh, tough decision on the LR. It would be so nice to have it done with before the weekend (and running 20 miles after working all night is seriously some rockstar training), but if you have the kids home all day you are going to be so tired! I'm sure you'll sleep like a champ on Friday night, though. I had to look up Oobleck because I'd never heard the word, but I am familiar with the stuff! They did that at one sensory class - cornstarch mixed with water and it is like a solid, but turns to goop when you touch it. It's really cool - I couldn't stop playing with it! We do get CSA boxes all year round, though there's a bit of a hiatus right now. The summer share ended last week and then the winter one doesn't start until mid-November.

stroller - Yay for H loving the new babysitter! Seriously, why won't our children sit still for five seconds? It is the same thing for us at any program - all the other toddlers seem to be able to sit nicely on their parents' laps and S just wants to run around and make noise.  So excited for you that you get a weekend away alone with your Dh!

cx2 - I agree that running in the cold is more pleasant than running in the heat. Although I might take that back when it's -30C. Will C keep her gloves and hat on? S would not at all last winter, so I am hoping she's better about it this year. I used to refuse to wear a winter coat until December, but when I lived downtown and walked everywhere, I quickly retreated from that position. Now I have five winter coats of varying levels of warmth. So I've only broken out the lightest of my winter coats. The big guns don't come out until January Smile

becky - Sbux run sounds so awesome! If only you could have stayed in your warm bed afterwards, it would have been a perfect day Smile Great, now I really want to put flannel sheets on my bed and crawl in. Thanks, Becky Joking

arm - So ridiculous about the school sending DD2 home for reflux! Sounds like you made the most of it with a great day of shopping though! There really is a small window of opportunity to wear arm warmers. I wear them for speed work/long runs/races on days when it's getting near freezing and  it would be cold enough to wear long sleeves if I was doing an easy run.

CA - Baths are messy business! I used to give S a cup in the tub so she could pour water on herself, but had to stop doing it because all she wanted to do was pour water on the floor. Have a good run tonight! 15k is an impressive distance for your fifth day in a row of running! It seems like we always have the opposite weather from you guys.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

RR: 8m - 2.5m w/u then 1200m of plyo and strides, then Russian 200s with a variation. It was 4 sets of 200 hard, 200 jog, 200 hard, 200 jog, 400 hard and 400 jog. The 'hards' were 5.25min/miles. I did 2 at that speed and then backed off to 6min/mile pace. It was continuous, no stopping for 4 miles. I might call this the Gulag workout. 45 degrees. Flippin chilly. I ran in shorts and a l/s lulu run swiftly and gloves. Ditched gloves on second set. Ran 6m recovery yesterday with stroller and will do same for tomorrow. Then 1000s on friday, LR on sat.

NRR: took DS boot shopping yesterday and fell in love with a pair that were combat, leather and hit on the knee. I made the mistake of asking a sales lady what she thought and she said they hit my knee in a funny place. Yeah, back to square one of boot crisis. Sitter is back and feeling good. DH came home super early last night and it was great to have him hanging out with us. DH's lip came back non-tumourous so that is awesome. And I have started taking bcps now as we are definitely one and done and done TTC'ing now I am AMA with one ovary and a crappy scarred cervix.

TR: Up at 1 and pretty much up all night after that. Still teething. This mama is very tired. Has his 2 yo apt tomorrow and first visit to a US doc as he hasn't been sick since we have lived here (8mo). Pretty pleased with that. It's a month late but they were super booked up. They are super holistic and look at diet and exposure factors not just prescribe meds and that's what I wanted.

FR: noshing down leftover quinoa, steamed broccoli and baked salmon right now. Will turn leftover salmon into quesadillas for DH and add artichokes and dill and other things.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

rg – hope you can squeeze in your miles today. Cute about the aunts but still, you would have thought they could call right?

Zorbs – about the smell yesterday – at least he didn’t say your farts smell of spunk. I had DOMS today too and it was really annoying when I was trying to run hard.

Eh – good luck with that workout – sounds long and grueling!

Ernie – DS isn’t interested in story time – he wants absolutely no part of it and just wants to take all the books off the shelves at the library. What tempo paces were you aiming for?

Cx2 – what were your temps this morning?

Becky – I used to crawl back under the covers too esp on really bad days and days with AF. I hope your day is going better, or well, just going.

Arm – nice shopping! Wish I could have shopped with you! I don’t even know where to start looking for warm clothes. What is your plan?

Stroller – exciting you get to go on holiday! All I know about Myrtle Beach is that all the guys from Bermuda used to go there for their golfing holidays.

CA – enjoy your run later on. How is working and running working out for you? How much longer til your fm? I am excited for you.

Spike – hope your tummies all clear up pretty quickly. What did you all eat?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Zorbs – about the smell yesterday – at least he didn’t say your farts smell of spunk. I had DOMS today too and it was really annoying when I was trying to run hard.

Shocked

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - I would die just having to stay up all night and look after my kids let alone run 20... I'd pay the sitter and take a nap!  But there's a reason I don't work nights Smile

spike - hope work calms down for you.  Hope you can find shoes you like that will stick around, that'd be super frustrating!  Hope you aren't getting sick!!

RG - yep full rest day tomorrow!  My dh likes to cook but with our schedules, I'm home before him, so I do most of it during the week.

ernie - sometimes tempos just feel like that, maybe you needed to be chased by something a bit more frightening than poodles?  We are supposed to get snow on Sunday, so maybe it'll be warm for you then Wink

bermy - woah on  your running schedule this week.  1000's the night before a LR?!  Sorry for the rough sleep, I hope he makes up for it tonight!  5 weeks from Sunday is the marathon.  Work and running fit nicely, I run at lunch, we have showers and a full gym at work, so I could run on TM's but we're also a 5 min walk from the river pathway system, so I mostly run there, it's a nice break from work.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- there is a bug going around. Another kid at daycare was home sick too. DH and I must be having sympathy pains because we are fine so far. I stocked up on Pepto Bismol just in case.

Ernie- mostly he just packs around the hairbrushes and tries to brush the dog Dead and sometimes he wants to brush my hair. But mostly he holds them and says "Deese mines" and will scream if you try to put them away.

Has anyone tried Brooks PureCadence shoes?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

CA - Ha ha, if I got chased by anything scarier than a poodle, I'd probably pee my pants and it would slow me down. We are supposed to get some yucky rain/snow mix overnight, so I'm hoping it's done by the time I wake up tomorrow Smile

Bermy - Great news about DH's lip! Hope you and DS sleep better tonight. S loves going to story time...she just wants to enjoy the story while running around like a maniac. As for my tempo, it should be closer to 4:30/km. My legs feel insanely tired for no good reason.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

strollermama

Bermy - just wanted to pop in and say that is such great news about DH!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40