Womens Running

FRIYAY FRIYAY FRIYAY (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy place today!

Diane – You sleep in flannel sheets?! Oh geez I would sweat to death haha. You must be freezing! Brazos is December right? I have October and November marathons..I won’t want to do December haha. Heaters at the office are my nightmare. Being in property management…we have the engineers cut the cords at night LOL. People are very irresponsible with them!

Susan – I meant to say that Tessa is probably right about painting and your back! That would probably really irritate it. Woohoo on core! Oh yea!!! You have a duathlon tomorrow!! WOOHOO. Hopefully that wind does die down.

Cathy – Awe, glad DD’s play was fun Smile 5 degrees – whew. As long as the hand warmers are still packaged they will be good! I am surprised you don’t use them more. They would help with the dog walking Smile

Docket -OMG! What a crazy week! I am so so sorry. So, it did grow? Or this is left behind from last year? HUGS XOXO.

Lisa – Nice that you can work remotely! Enjoy your rest day!

Sandy – Nice workout this morning!! You will do great tomorrow  Smile Especially now that you have some motivation to get out of bed – that always helps Smile Plus, you are going to feel awesome when it is done and beer will be waiting. Just think about the beer. UGHHHH sorry about the work crap. Things have sort of exploded here today, too. WTH. Okay. I cant imagine you running outside with ski goggles on. LOL. People do that?! I would think that would be very uncomfortable!! Hahaha. My feel like crap is just extremely tired and sometimes my blood sugar is off and I pass out or get pretty darn close. I think that has something to do with drinking coffee and using Splenda…that is my assumption anyway. And I probably don’t hydrate like I should. You should picture me in a puffy vest because that is what I had on Smile That was all I had that was completely water proof! Smile Maybe when all the winter stuff goes on sale I will look into getting a sport one. What kind do you wear? You can laugh at me, I laugh at me all the time Smile

Kathryn – I think I will be raced out by December Smile If you know you aren’t going to take the job, could you cancel? Or are you still unsure?

Karen – Whew…100 miler…that is crazy! But we are all crazy Smile I think you should GO FOR IT! You know you will Smile I wouldn’t even know how to begin training for something like that! I was going to ask when your duathlon was! Is DH participating?

Tessa – No comment on the smoking Wink Are you getting a new office plan? Open floorplan? That is becoming very popular. We are actually re-doing a few of our office spaces and the client has requested open floor plan. I think they are dumb. If I had to look at someone in their face sitting across from me for 8 hours..I would never get anything done. Oh your weekend sounds fun! How exciting you are running with Diana! Yay! And you get to meet the new neighbors Smile I am not interested in the Stupid Bowl either. Smile

Laura – Under Armour shoes?! Wow, let us know how they work for you! I didn’t even know they sold running shoes. Glad you had a quiet day today! You needed it!

Out of here sooooooooon. Can't wait to start the weekend (and eat spaghetti of course). HCBF is already back in town! Yay!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Turning today into a TURD. Still coughing and kinda tired and decided a rest day would probably not be a bad idea.

And I just signed up to do packet pickup at a February TROT race. 50% race credit is a lot of money if (and I said IF) you're signing up for a 100 miler. I'm doing a Friday morning, but am now thinking about doing Thursday morning as well. That would get me a free entry.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Karen - Hope you feel better! Yay for the volunteering and race credit!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Good luck Margaret on the 50k at Fort Ord

Good luck Sue (if the weather cooperates)

Good luck HCK with the TM (if the weather cooperates)

Darn weather making things difficult all the time.

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, anytime you consider something with this group it becomes a done deal.  There is no consider here.  

Ding ding ding!!

Kilmisters

Diane, I forgot to say - thanks for the link to Aldi case; it was really interesting!

Tessa, "Quakeland: On the Road to America's Next Devastating Earthquake"? Wellllll.... Living in no-earthquake territory makes this seem even more boring, sorry.

Damaris, remember the stupid saying about life being similar to zebra - after the dark ''lines'', there is always a light one. And closer to a-- you seem to be, longer the transition. Sending positive thoughts to DH! Stay strong!

Karen, wow, duathlon? Must have missed this! What's the distance?

Sandy, good facemasks are tough to find, true, but it's possible Smile I have one (Gore) that's sort of designed for cyclists but who cares. Your homemade balaclava - well, that's dedication Smile Offsets the whining factor Big grin Ah, work-related people who freak out on Friday's, no earlier. Typical Smile

Laura, what kind of UA running shoes did you order? Charged Bandit line is pretty cool!

Cathy, faux Brittish accent? Dear God. Those are always cringe-worthy Smile

Margaret, Murphy law - if s--- hits the fan, it does so all at the same time... The brownie plan sounds like great tactic!

Lizzie, no games this weekend, but two next week (back-to-back - Saturday/Sunday), so I am putting the miles in this week to have a potential mini-taper starting from middle of next week Smile Good job on the LR! You see, the rain wasn't that bad! As the saying goes - we aren't made of sugar and not gonna melt in that thing Smile Hoodie sounds very fitting for Friday! I wore those to work a lot while pregnant (of course, no one seemed to mind) and continue doing so now Big grin Unless there is a serious meeting.

Well, I'm glad K let me have decent sleep last night. The meeting w boss about latest projects - 90mins instead of the planned 30mins (and we barely managed to touch all the issues + it's all either verbally agreed or on chaotic paper notes now - have to put it in Excels this weekend) + call from company's head lawyer at 4:30pm - urgent data request from Competition Council (which is a short way of saying - put -everything- you are doing now aside). Friday. Four. Thirty. Urgent. And, of course, the data needed was very, veeeery specific. Stayed till 6:30pm and finished it all. Ah, the fun.

7.5mi today, felt good after rest day. Desperately need blankets, tea, tacos and book now. Crazy week.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Turning today into a TURD. Still coughing and kinda tired and decided a rest day would probably not be a bad idea.

And I just signed up to do packet pickup at a February TROT race. 50% race credit is a lot of money if (and I said IF) you're signing up for a 100 miler. I'm doing a Friday morning, but am now thinking about doing Thursday morning as well. That would get me a free entry.

Do it!  100 miler!  Feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Thank you, ladies.  Much appreciated.  Just hoping this surgery comes out as good as the last one.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Karen, wow, duathlon? Must have missed this! What's the distance?

It's a short one, 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run. So roughly 30 minutes of running and 30 minutes of cycling. I did it two years ago and missed the age group win by 8 seconds. I definitely took my time in transition, plus didn't use race wheels and may not have even used my aero helmet. It was fun, but it was a 2-loop bike course, which got kinda scary as you had fast people lapping slow people, and since it's a pretty short race, people riding anywhere from 12-25 miles per hour. Triathletes aren't known for their superior bike handling skills either (partly because of the bike design, partly because they do a lot of solo and/or trainer rides and aren't used to others close by). They changed venues and now it's a single loop course, so I figured I'd give it another try. They are fun.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Lizzie - enjoy the spaghetti!!  I hope I like the shoes, I have pretty 'normal' feet, regular arches, no bunions, etc.  I don't do major mileage so as long as they aren't too small or big I should be good.  I'll keep you posted!

Karen - rest sounds like a smart idea, feel better!

Elina - nice 7.5 and whoo hoo on a good night's sleep!  I got the Speedform Gemini 3, they're super pretty!

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Under_Armour_Speedform_Gemini_3_GR/descpage-UAGGRW1.html

Arimathea

Tessa

Laura, no idea what those are but glad you like the shoes!

4.3 after leaving early because I didn't get a lunch break -- someone in Texas scheduled a conference call 2-3 PM their time which happens to be 12-1 my time. Not worth going to the gym before OR after. So I took the first bus and actually got home in DAYLIGHT...not something that I see very often in the winter. And of course I promptly changed and headed out for a run.

I am signed up for Brazos Bend! Kat, Diane, you're also signed up for the 50 miler? Lisa full marathon + pacing Karen one lap of the 100m? Who else is in?

I have a number of others first though: Long Play in March, Pinelands in May, I think I am going to sign up for Crater Lake in August. A couple of local races in the fall and then Brazos Bend in December. I would also like to do at least one of Diane's local races with her -- I need Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.

Looking forward to meeting Diana tomorrow! Good luck to our racers.