Womens Running

What to wear WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 24 times)

Kilmisters

7.5 miles today; once again total downpour, but I loved it! It automatically means less people on the streets and that the only dogs that are being walked are those big German Shepherd/Doberman/Labrador types that are generally more runner-friendly (meaning - they don't give a crap about you) than the little annoying wannabe dog-rats that run (barking their lungs out) next to you so close that you have to watch out on every single step (apologies for those here who have such dogs, but I've had only bad experience with those). (/end of rant). Not sure at which point I should stop running, but so far, while undeniably tougher than usual, it generally feels fine, and most importantly - after tough days at office seem to serve as the only 100% guaranteed stress relief. I feel that I'll have to walk mini-K A LOT as she's used to all this movement Smile

Cathy, nice to hear your foot is doing better!

Sandy, right, good point - in addition to Flyers, MN is the team to cheer for Smile (Go Wild!) Read an article yesterday that had Wild in the list of teams that have been wildly (no pun intended) underperforming relative to their roster strength in latest years. Couldn't agree more. Lindsey Whalen? Had to Google to understand why this name seems familiar and realised she has played in European leagues and also Olympics. 6pm is working late? But you start early (relative to others), right?

Kat, stay strong! Ugh... Show me a place (self-employment aside, of course) that doesn't make you growl ''not my job'' every now and then... Not that it makes it any more acceptable.

Diane, office sweater? Why not a fuzzy blanket? At least it would send a message - guys, it's too cold here! Big grin

Tar Heel Mom, those short intervals are really tough, so good job, despite not quite hitting the goal!

Waving to everyone else, (late) dinner time!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What a busy day!! Keys keys and more keys. Also trying to manage people that are difficult..ugh..

Ready to GET OUTTA HERE!

I had to laugh at HCBF. He called me when his mouth was all numb. He had half of his teeth deep cleaned this morning - they had to give him novicane since most of the tarter was under his gums. Gross. His teeth look SO much better but they must have been deep in there because they put him on an antibiotic! He goes in for the second half in December. Glad he is going! I go back tomorrow for a cavity..yikes.

Laura – How am I getting better weather than you?! Odd! Nice miles. Yes, Ruger has eaten his own vomit. YUCK.

Lori – Nice run today!!

Docket – I have been wearing lightweight long sleeves. Have a good run tonight! When are you in rest mode?

Diane – Nice job on the treadmill last night. My glutes are hurting also..but that is probably from lunges. Good luck on the outdoor run tonight! LOL at your work secret..I suck at lying also. I always start laughing?? Its weird.

Sandy – NICE workout this morning!!! We were both in tempo mode I guess Smile I am sorry you are still sore! Ugh. Okay, I am down for this race.  I was just stalking their website. Seriously.  I am down. They don’t have humidity there, right? LOL.

Susan – 90!? EW.

Kathryn – UGH on work. Sorry Sad Can you put in OT for that sort of thing? That is something I would do.

Cathy – This week is DRAGGING. I can’t believe how slow it is going! VERY smart about the foot. Nothing wrong with being extra conservative. Wow, I hope everything is okay with the mole! Good luck! I actually started getting random moles in places in my late 20’s..the dermatologist told me it was normal to grow them until I am 30. Weird. Rain/snow mix!? Snow would be pretty awesome. I guess if it were that cold I wouldn’t be able to wear shorts! I am going to have to bring pants just in case. Now I am going to stress about race wear.

Cindy – Congrats on the PAIN FREE miles!! That is exciting! Probably best to ease back into it.

Kilmisters – Nice miles!!! I love dogs, but if one of them was nipping at me I would pepper spray it! Where are the owners? You know? Just my 2c. I have a blanket in my office Smile

Out of here soon then heading to my least favorite place..grocery store. Have a good night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina I have a blanket too.  And I drink hot tea all day.  Sadly most of the women here are overweight and are always hot.

Lizzie, no run tonight we have thunderstorms so I'm making tacos for Taco Day.

Seloc

Cindy - hooray for pain free miles!  But, isn't that the worst when simply SITTING feels horrible?!  Thanks for the tip on the tennis ball.  I have used that but, you know, it HURTS and I'm lazy haha.  In fact, that tennis ball mocks me daily.  Right next to Mr. Foam Roller.

Elina - great run!  Glad you are feeling so good still!!  Ah, yes, the curse of being a MN team. No matter the sport.  Always under perform based on talent.  Le sigh.  Oh, yep, I get in about 7am most days so working until 6pm is KILLER.

Lizzie - hip hip hoorayyyyyyyyyyyy for Fargo!  Let me know when you sign up and I will, too.  Already "booked a room" at my sisters LOL.  Kidding.  Just let her know and she's excited.  This is the sister that lives in Bis.  They like cheering and are FABULOUS hosts.  As for temps/humidity - definitely not guaranteed to be great but...  Have you ever seen this site?  Kinda fun...  http://findmymarathon.com/weather-detail.php?zname=Fargo%20Marathon&year=

Diane - mmmmmmmmmmmm tacos!!

Anyone else interested in Fargo?  My vehicle holds 4 comfortably, 5 cozily for the 4ish hour drive.  Always room at the Inn!  May 19th.

Need to go for a walk here shortly.  It's LOVELY out and I somehow need to rally to last 3+ more hours.  GULP.  Have a great night, peeps!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Welcome, indeed, HuronHeart.  I am a retired widow (will be 75 just before Christmas) who worked at a public library. Dear Son (DS) lives out in CO and loves it. He's a hiker, outdoors man and loves working out, boxing, WuShu, etc.. I've been running (not racing) since the end of 1992 and love it. Dear Companion (DC) is a hiker/walker. NE Ohio is home. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

I’m BACK! I was surprised I still had a working password Smile.

Had and a great time camping, hiking, kayaking!

Will check in for personals tomorrow,  Just got back from a run In the Forest and need to go shower!

Sandy - which spring Marathon are you doing?

Hi to all!

Carol

Hi everyone!  Just returned to our northern AZ home today, DH will be returning tomorrow, he took Friday off.  Another 4 day weekend, yay!!  He will be flying back to MN in a few weeks to check on the house there, yes, we have 3 homes.  But the northern AZ home is our 'permanent' one now.  Still settling in, boxes to unpack and then repack stuff that needs to go to our northern AZ home, it's nice to see empty boxes though, HA!! It's been windy here.  Ran 6.3 miles on TM at the facility, it felt endless........and it was on an ounce of energy, didn't sleep at all the night before, don't know why.  Was proud of myself that I even ran.......and intervals at that!

Rest day today.  Hope to run tomorrow on the mountain trail, really need to get in a long run, 16-18.

Kats:  I'm looking forward to meeting you in March for the Bataan.  I've been wanting to run that for sooooo long, always had conflicts w/ my schedule.

Liz:  glad he got the cleaning done.  I ran Fargo (cold/drizzling) when the finish was still at the dome, the year after, they changed it to downtown (use to be there years ago) but they changed it back due to complaints of traffic, parking, and not having a place warm when it's cold. Lots of turns, look out for potholes, but the spectators are awesome!!

Welcome HuronHeart:  I'm Diana, just moved back to northern AZ from northern MN. Prefer dirt trail running in the mountains but will run roads now and then. DS/DIL live in Albq; DD lives in Phoenix w/ our two grand-princesses

Have meeting to go to this evening.  Will chat with you all again tomorrow.  Stay safe!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training and 90 minutes on the treadmill. Was trying to watch gymnastics on my laptop while running. That didn't work so well. More like glance over at the screen every few seconds so I don't go off the stupid machine.

Kilmisters & DHuffman, I bought an office Snuggie a few years ago. I also have an office fleece & a heater. The thermostat for my office is in an office shared by 3 post-menopausal women who are always warm.

Welcome HuronHeart!