Womens Running

Winter Like WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Been in court most of the day.  I have 11 with 5 @ MP.  Knee has been achy but nothing major. I think it's the weather and us been between hotter and humid AF.

Lizzie, nice run.  Enjoy the view and drinks.

Laura, nice TM run.  Hoping you can go outside soon.

Susan, LOL.  Nice way to tell them.  Nice job on the core workout.

Sandy, awww, feel better!

Elina, sounds like superwoman is at it again!

Ginny, yay for running!

Kathryn, LOL.  I would be like yay 54F! Smile

Margaret, feel better!

Cathy, nice job on the PF stretches. Yum at Olive Garden.

Diane, good luck with the tests.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – You had your groceries delivered?! I always wanted to try that! Did you do it all via online? Did you tip? I have steered away from it because of the tipping. LOL. I know no pressure Smile I am putting pressure on myself. I am starting to freak out a little. Calves are cramped, its going to be colder than I thought..freaking out. I will be fine..just the build up gets to me. Thanks for the vote of confidence! ON capris with a drawstring and pockets?! YES! Please let me know how those are! Interesting. What material? OH NO! Sorry you aren’t feeling too good. You are right, it does explain the sleep. And if you are sick – it means you need more of it..haha. Hope you feel better! You’re evening of relaxing with TV sounds perfect! Get some soup or something warm and cozy to help you feel better!

Kilmisters – Wow! Busy day for you. I don’t know how you do it all! Amazing. I hate the what to wear drama. I hope ours is over, too! I agree – I think HCBF has something he isn’t telling me also. Take some of my taper madness!!

Susan – That is such a cute way to tell co-workers!!! WOOHOO on the start of wedding planning. How exciting. Do you have a honeymoon destination yet?

Ginny – WOOHOO way to go on the run! Thanks for the vote of confidence!!

Kathryn – Fleece shirt in 54? Hahah .You are used to the cold coming from Seattle! WOOHOO for the race sign up. There is a local half here on that date that I may do. Sweet of you to help out your co-worker! Hope lunch is good! Happy Humpin….Smile I wish. LOL

Margaret – Oh no..I hope you feel better! Yuck!

Cathy – Getting up and doing stretching and core counts. Trust me haha. I don’t think I would ever do that. MMM Olive Garden! Even more yummy is the cake!  Smile  Good luck with the 5 girls. Haha. We got some color but I felt like it was only for a week. Awe, you are sweet for tracking me!  Smile  I will imagine you there! Haha you and DD! I think HCBF feels guilty about not following me around in MKE so I think he is going to show up at a lot of points on the course.  Smile

I don’t know how to snot rocket. But I also don’t blow my nose…..ever.

Diane – Potato chips instead of working out is always a good idea if you ask me.  Smile  I have had to do a poop sample but never had to mail it in. Maybe you should have drawn a poop emoji on the package. That is a bummer about Pinelands. I would personally choose the several closer to home! More for your money. The whole den thing with the crate makes me feel a little better. I just hate him being in there all day. On the other note…I always appreciate feedback from friends on how I am feeling. BUT..I would have appreciated those comments directed to me and maybe privately. Whether you meant to or not - reading that makes me feel like I am doing something wrong in my relationship. I thought I was free to vent here without being judged…maybe not. I am pretty sure (well hoping so..) that you didn’t mean any harm by it and you were just being honest. Maybe just the delivery. That is all I am going to say about it…

Things are going well here today! He is so hot though I am not concentrating on what he is saying. LOL. Looking forward to dinner tonight because it is at a really good restaurant. Not looking forward to having MAMMEL there.

Have a great evening/night ladies!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

dhuffman63

Trails

Oh god no Lizzie I did not mean to make it sound as if you were wrong or doing something wrong.  And you are right I should have kept it either private or just kept my opinion, and really it was not meant to be a personal attack.  I'm still trying after 12 years to get things right with DH.  I am no expert and I really don't know the whole story so I apologize, please feel free to vent all you want, I just wanted to be helpful.  I'm so sorry.

Anonymous Guest

Posting and running (well, not actually running running) again. I'm at the St. Louis airport waiting for my flight home. I got here super early because for whatever reason another day of the rental car more than doubled the price. Just an extra hour was an extra $60 and the rental for two days was $96. Yes, I can afford an extra $60, but it was the principle. So since I picked it up at 10:30 on Monday I had to get it back by 10:30 today. I hit some construction traffic on the way down, then couldn't find the button to unlock the gas cap when I stopped to fill up and there was no owner's manual so I had to google it........anyway, made it to the rental car place with 2 minutes to spare! Of course I was almost 4 hours early for my flight, but dang it, I didn't pay them one extra cent!

Yesterday I heard my dad tell a couple people that his birthday was the best night of his life. And he's 80, so he's had a lot of nights! I love that guy, he is just so awesome. I don't want to live here, but I sure do wish I lived closer sometimes.

Sandy, yes, I was wearing my orthotic flip flops. I had them on from when I got up in Houston that morning, then changed for the party at my sister's house before we went down to decorate. And they were much more comfortable than the shoes I brought, so I kept them on and had my shoes in my purse. This was a party full of old people, so they started getting there about 45 minutes before the time we told them to and caught us off guard. And I forgot all about changing shoes.

No running for me again today.

I have been reading everything posted, but haven't had a chance to really respond. I'll get back on the horse tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting back to my boy and dog and house.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

The big day is July 21

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The big day is July 21

Woot, congrats!

Damaris

Kilmisters

Sandy, please, don't mention end of the year... Generally, budget process period (Jun-Aug) is more awful, but year end is always fun in terms of formulas/scripts in files/programs. You never know where/how that change of one digit could send the whole thing crashing down Big grin Call until 1:30am? How do you even function the next day? Is it something you get used to eventually, at least to some extent? Lots of sleep when not feeling well is a good sign of, as you said, body using resources to fight back. Hoping you get better soon!

Diane, wow, mailing one's poop, 1hat's one way to make the working day different than that of most of the others!

Cathy, getting up early for elliptical workout again would certainly fall under the category of being crazy, so can't blame you Big grin 5 girl sleepover party seems like something on the border between manageable and potential chaos, to be fair. Oh wow, that indoor track marathon... DH's opinion? ''Perfect form of torture for 4 people at the same time'' Big grin

Sue, wooo, summer wedding? Smile So exciting!

Lizzie, calf cramps/tightness when it's cold outside is the worst. No matter how much I (try to) stretch, it sometimes takes even up to 5-6mi for calves to feel okayish. ''What to wear drama'' - new (and perfect) term for the endlessly annoying issue Smile

Ginny, yay, another person breaking the no-running-mojo slump, that's so nice to hear Smile

Kat, uhm, trail half in December? If it's already snowy/icy, doesn't that make the whole thing more tricky/dangerous (0 experience of trail running, so no idea about this).

10mi today. Needed it. Was on the fence whether or not a run would be a good idea, but then father called and, gah... He tends to take a small, ridiculously irrelevant issue, blow it out of proportions just because something isn't happening precisely the way he wants it to be, then hangs up, drinks a glass of wine or two and forgets he threw a major tantrum in the first place. You know, after tension has already inevitably been added to my eve. It has happened billion of times and I still haven't developed a proper defense/don't care mechanism for that. /rant

Speaking about the positives, DH's Ironman training is going really well; he's following a training program and the progress is undeniable.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

The big day is July 21

Woohoo!  And it's the day after my big 5-0 birthday!  Good choice.  

Karen, meant to say how awesome it was that you surprised your Dad with a party and lots of unexpected guests.  Those moments are truly special.

Laughing at the snot-rocket vs. tissue discussion.  That's a very decisive topic.  I'm in the snot-rocket camp, FWIW.  Lizzie, how is it possible that you never blow your nose?  That's amazing.

Signed up to volunteer at a train run on Saturday.  Going to hold off running for a couple more days until this bug is gone.  I've learned not to try to run through bugs like this.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Laughing at the snot-rocket vs. tissue discussion.  That's a very decisive topic.  I'm in the snot-rocket camp, FWIW.  Lizzie, how is it possible that you never blow your nose?  That's amazing.

It's right there next to morning vs evening running, earphones vs no-earphones, trail vs road... Big grin Yay for snot-rocket camp! I'll never forget how when I was choosing winter running gloves at the local sports shop the sales guy was describing all the relevant attributes (material, for what temps which model is better, sizing etc etc etc) and then said in the cutest of voices ''aaaand this pair has this convenient part where you can clean your inevitable winter snot piles!!'' I couldn't help but laugh and the poor guy blushed, but he had a good point, those gloves were good for that Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

HuronHeart

Worked late and by the time I finished it was too dark to run outside.  Ran 3 slow miles on the TM.  DH has a meeting tonight, am enjoying a couple hours to myself.

Lizzie, excited for you.  Isn’t 21 degrees quite low for your area?  The Athleta capris do not ride down but I am on the curvy side.  Hope you are enjoying your business dinner.

LCruns, lol at you practicing snot rockets.

CrazySue, you accomplished a lot of wedding planning!  Love DDs creative announcement.

Seloc, grocery delivery is a wonderful service.  Wish they offered it locally.  I am so out of date on service options, I just found out there is a Subway app you can order ahead to avoid waiting in line.

Kilmisters, do they have Subway in Latvia?   Happy you enjoy your job.

Ginny, YAY on getting out there for 3.

Kats, mid-50s is my favorite running temp, not too hot, not too cold, just right.  Nice to support your co-worker.  Congrats on signing up for another trail run.

Gatsby, bummer about getting sick.

RTurtles, better rest up if hosting a sleepover for 10 yr old girls. Lol at your DD question, such innocence says a lot of good things about your parenting.  Good to see kids being kids.   I watched the video on DD device, don’t you wonder who thinks of these things. Keep us posted on how she adapts.

Dhuffman, autopay is a good idea. We just sold corn and I was using the money to pay farm bills. Easy come,easy go.

Karen, way to be thrifty on the rental car.  So happy your Dad enjoyed his day.  It will be nice to be home and sleeping in your own bed.

Kathy