Womens Running

Freaky Fridailies!!! (Read 24 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had issues getting to this site from my PC (could do it from my phone, though), but I am finally here.  I am conducting a deposition right now, but I have Pilates tonight.

Kat, ugh, glad you made it!

Lizzie, nice run.  No rush on running your 10.

Judy, enjoy yoga and meditation.  I hate wearing a bra too.

Elina, glad K is doing well.

Susan, awww, Skye was pissed.

Diane, you'll do great.

Half Crazy, ugh.  Hoping you can spend some real vacation time.

sandy, sounds like a good Friday.

Karen, have a fun run.

Cathy, nice run!  Glad your foot is feeling good enough to run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Our news had the Milwaukee race shortage in the headlines this morning. When I got to work I had a good cry in my office. Frustration cry – I will be fine just angry/sad. I don’t’ want to keep dwelling on it but it is hard! My upbeat mojo just isn’t on tap right now.

Was curious to what my times were last year when I did two marathons 4 weeks apart. Baltimore I was 4:34 and Richmond I was 4:32….interesting. They didn’t feel as tough as Milwaukee did though. We will see I guess.

Kilmisters – Happy to hear you and mini K are doing well Smile

Kathryn – WOOHOO you made your connection!!

Diane – Do you ever write a check list for packing? I do that and that stops the “did I pack it” obsession. It helps! Glad things are getting better with DH! Do you guys do anything special for your anniversary? Good luck this weekend! You are going to do great!!!

Run4kupcakes – Ew on having to take days of for adulting. Good luck this weekend! Oh, and as long as the cupcakes survived..then everything is right in the world.

Sandy – My legs are doing OK. They just felt heavy today..tired. But the niggles seem to be diminishing. Sad you had to cancel Ragnar but its good that you got a refund to use later! That is rare! Probably smart to skip the TRX class anyways this morning! Have a safe flight and I can’t wait to hear about it and watch you race! WOOHOOO!!! Get it!!! Smile I was going to say..50 dewpoint is AWESOME hahaha. You’ll do better than you think Smile

Karen – WOOHOO on those 90 degree days being in the past. Great news. Wow, nice job on the 15 yesterday. What will you end your peak week with? LOL at your DH!!! Spark plugs?! LOL. That is funny. What makes a man think that kinda gift is a good idea?! LOL. I guess he made up for it with a diamond. I told HCBF to not get me anything and I won’t get him anything. Except for a card…I just want to spend the day with him. Good luck with the productive Friday!

Cathy – I say go get checked out. This has taken too long!!! Seriously. You have been doing everything right and now you are feeling new niggles. I would go! Whats it going to hurt? You know, I thought MAYBE he would be planning something for tomorrow..but now not so much. Maybe because it is a special occasion Smile I am patient.. no rush here. Am I really talking about marriage right now?! What is happening?! Wink I heard yesterday that we are supposed to have a warm winter. BOO. We may take a trip out that way..but yeah, I am not sure I can get him on board. Maybe if an amazing job opportunity came up. The course for the race was awesome. Baltimore and Richmond are very similar to that course – takes you all through the city. Its fun! Have you gotten a vacuum cleaner before?! My mom has hahahaha. That was the last time he did that!

Headed home soon! Happy Friday afternoon everyone! GOOD LUCK RACERS!!! WOOHOOOO

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Good luck to all racers - fingers crossed - can't wait to read race reports!

Mini-K update - the little lady is supertough and barely needs any assistance (breathing etc.) despite early arrival; mainly because it was expected (well, not that early, but still - actions were taken) and above average oxygen amount/flow from running (docs actually not only allowed to continue running but strongly suggested it; but who would believe me here Smile) Of course, lots of tests still to come but so far so good! She's been labeled Lady Hulk here Smile At least 1-3 more wks in hospital, but, of course, there is no rush.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi ladies.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend.

Tapering madness continues. I'm having a really bad day. Hubby had two seizures last night and I'm feeling really down about it. But he did get approved for some new meds which we hope will help. Also the marathon that I really want to do in the spring I cannot do because of budget. So I'm looking into some closer alternatives. Ones on a Saturday within driving distance. I suppose I will need to consider martian. But I've already done that one.  Of course I could just opt not to race.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

Busy day, I am taking a break from errands, cleaning, kids' needs, laundry....  Kids were off of school today so I took older DS for a flu shot (took the younger kids a couple of weeks ago) and then DD and I went driving, we haven't been in a week or so and she starts Segment 2 next week (classroom stuff).  Another absolutely beautiful day here!!

6.1 miles for me this morning, 3 with BRF.  Had a massage after that, ahhhhh!!  I wish I could go later in the day (she only does early appts) because I feel so relaxed then do all of these things and I am tight again.  Oh well, it was good while it lasted LOL!

Exciting soccer game last night...for those not on Facebook, my sons HS team won the District Finals, first time in 10 years.  Was really sweet because they beat a tough team that we haven't beat in several years.  They are terrible sportsman though when they are losing, my son actually got punched in the face by their goalie (he is fine) and one of the parents yelled, "he deserved it".  Goalie was red carded and kicked out of the game.  Not really sure what his deal was, my son was just trying to get in the goal and several players were in the goal area.  Crazy.  Anyhow, they start Regionals next week, that will be interesting since they don't ever play these teams regular season.  Fun way to end his HS soccer career!

Kat - have a blast!!  Can't wait to hear about the race!!  And, you are not a weirdo, you're fun!!

Lizzie - happy (almost) one year!  You would have loved it here this morning, 38 degrees, crisp and bright, no wind - PERFECT!!  Enjoy the cake!!

Judy - hope you had a good day and are relaxing now!  Yes, bras are a pain!

Elina - you are amazing!  Not sure if you shared the birth story, but I"m guessing you had her in a relatively short amount of time?  Congrats again!

Sue - weird on the dog barking, my Gizmo gets like that occasionally, usually it's because there is a critter of some sort outside.  Makes for a long night!!

Diane - glad to hear things are going well with DH.  BF and I are in a good place right now, too.  Drive safely and have fun!!]

Half - enjoy the race/not race tomorrow LOL!  It sucks when you have to take time off work for home stuff!

Sandy - whoo hoo on MCM!!  I missed your post yesterday...are you not running Ragnar?

Karen - glad your weather is cooling down and nice 15!  Okay that is funny about the spark plugs, not exactly the kind of 'spark-le' you were hoping for!

Cathy - dang on the foot, hope you get some answers!  Funny about the DD's, I remember when I was excited to wear a bra and shave my legs ha ha!!

LC Runs

Damaris - hope you are now done with work and enjoying Pilates!

Lizzie - I saw the story about the Marathon on FB, I tagged you in it!  What a bummer!

Lori - sorry about DH, hope the new meds help!

Elina - Mini K is tough like her Momma!!

Okay guess I should start dinner, my younger DS is pacing the floors, I know he is wondering when the cooking will start LOL!

Docket_Rocket

She is your daughter, so of course she is Lady Hulk, doh.

Lizzie, stop worrying!  Even if not the full distance, you ran a PR and you will smash that PR next time on a good course.  THE END.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Awesome!  Apparently, I didn't refresh the page and I had 300 comments after I posted just now.  Oops.

I had lunch at 4pm; it was a long deposition.

Lori, which meds is going to try?  My husband switched his because he was a zombie and the new one is working better. Hope the new meds help him.  Try to relax yourself!

Laura, nice run. Hoping it helps relieve all the stress from the rest of the day.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

HuronHeart

Freaky Friday indeed!!! I cut my run short tonight because soon creepy guy stopped and kept insisting I let him give me a ride home.  I kept running to a neighbor's house and pretended I lived there until he left. Then I ran like mad the last 1/2 mile home which is all corn fields until you get to my house.  Every time I would hear the corn rustle I was looking around for creepy guy.  So, 3.75 miles for me with the last 1/2 mile speedier than normal. 😬

Kats, save some of your adrenaline for the race!  Hope you have a great time!

Lizzie, are you feeling better?   You and HCBF should move to MI, this is a great state for a lot of reasons. And I know where there are job openings! Haha.  Happy 1st Anniversary!!

Hi Judy!

Kilmisters, so happy all went well. How big was miniK?

Sue, good luck with boss update. I have been the crabby boss person this week. Maybe your boss needs to take up running so she learns to chill.

Diane, Happy Anniversary! Marriage does have its ups and downs.

HC, your HM will be a training run with 100s of friends!

Seloc, good idea on cleaning up at the gym but I would rather drive home than drag all my stuff with me. Plus I am too unfocused in the morning to remember everything.  Nice you got a full refund on your flight. I didn't think they did that without insurance.

Karen, you make double digit runs sound easy! Lol at your gift story. I received cemetery plots for a Valentines Day gift. My husband thinks it's hilariously funny because nothing says to death do we part like cemetery plots. I tell him it sounds like he is trying to murder me.

Turtles, that foot needs to shape up and quit giving you a hard time.

Lori, so sorry about DH. Hope the new Medes help.

LC nice 6.1 plus lots of jobs knocked off your to do list.  Hasn't the weather been amazing. Congrats to your son but that sounds like a wild game.

Hello to everyone else!

HuronHeart - Kathy

HuronHeart

Freaky Friday indeed!!! I cut my run short tonight because soon creepy guy stopped and kept insisting I let him give me a ride home.  I kept running to a neighbor's house and pretended I lived there until he left. Then I ran like mad the last 1/2 mile home which is all corn fields until you get to my house.  Every time I would hear the corn rustle I was looking around for creepy guy.  So, 3.75 miles for me with the last 1/2 mile speedier than normal. 😬

Kats, save some of your adrenaline for the race!  Hope you have a great time!

Lizzie, are you feeling better?   You and HCBF should move to MI, this is a great state for a lot of reasons. And I know where there are job openings! Haha.  Happy 1st Anniversary!!

Hi Judy!

Kilmisters, so happy all went well. How big was miniK?

Sue, good luck with boss update. I have been the crabby boss person this week. Maybe your boss needs to take up running so she learns to chill.

Diane, Happy Anniversary! Marriage does have its ups and downs.

HC, your HM will be a training run with 100s of friends!

Seloc, good idea on cleaning up at the gym but I would rather drive home than drag all my stuff with me. Plus I am too unfocused in the morning to remember everything.  Nice you got a full refund on your flight. I didn't think they did that without insurance.

Karen, you make double digit runs sound easy! Lol at your gift story. I received cemetery plots for a Valentines Day gift. My husband thinks it's hilariously funny because nothing says to death do we part like cemetery plots. I tell him it sounds like he is trying to murder me.

Turtles, that foot needs to shape up and quit giving you a hard time.

Lori, so sorry about DH. Hope the new Meds help.

LC nice 6.1 plus lots of jobs knocked off your to do list.  Hasn't the weather been amazing. Congrats to your son but that sounds like a wild game.

Hello to everyone else!

HuronHeart - Kathy

LC Runs

Huron/Kathy - wow that is scary, I'm glad you were able to get away from the creeper.  What is it with these weirdos?

Yet another quick fly by from me (what else is new).  Easy peasy 35 minute run plus some walking for me today.  Tomorrow, delivering some running gear that my RC collected for fire victims in the north.  We had rain last night!  So happy.  Bring on the humidity!

Sending good racing vibes to all of our racers!  DHuff, Kat, Seloc, and Kupcakes!

More congratulations and good wishes to Kilmisters and mini-K.

Lizzie, don't let the race get you down.  Yes, they handled it badly but I know you will have many other races and PRs to come!

Bertha, I'm sorry your DH isn't doing well.  Really hope he finds some meds that help.

And going to wave to everyone else and call it a night.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Yes, the whole process was thankfully short and, uhm, uneventful. Quite a few friends will be surprised for sure, but that's my choice (especially now that I am killing a bit of time by putting game pics in FB from few days ago Smile ). Little one weighed 2.5kg when born.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris