Womens Running

No, it can't be MONDAY (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Monday came to fast! Thats what she said.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 for me. Heading to abs after work later.

Ah, it felt good to get out there. It was about 67 degrees - the humidity was awful but it will be the best feeling day of the week. . Run was good. My stomach was feeling crampy and icky at the beginning - almost bagged the run, but it got better.

Yesterday...I did nothing. Seriously. HCF and I gave Ruger a 1 mile walk, but other than that, we laid on the couch ALL. DAY. watching Lifetime Movies. LOL. I haven't had a lazy day light that in so long! But after not feeling good on Saturday and HCF being gone for 2 days..it was actually really nice to just relax. I felt guilty for not being productive..but lazy days are needed sometimes!

Not in the mood to go through my stack of emailsssssss...uuggghhh Sad

Karen – LOL on the smoothie! Most smoothie places are expensive I have found. I hope it was REAL good. Nice run yesterday! We have some major TX weather in store for us this week. Is it Fall yet?

Susan – Way to go on the run yesterday! Laughing at DH and the shoes. HCF always wears ratty shoes when we walk Ruger and then complains his feet hurt. He has a perfectly good pair of Brooks shoes he wears to the gym..not sure why he doesn’t wear them walking Ruger??

Docket – Nice run yesterday! LOL on the packing.

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday! How are you liking the Brooks Ghost? I bought a pair and tried them out this morning. They felt pretty good!

Laura – Nice run yesterday! Aw, glad the Baby Shower was fun. Nothing wrong with being lazy in the morning on your days off! 😊

Happy Monday.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 tonight.  My knee is achy but it will get on with it.

Liz, that's normally how my weekends go. We don't do things; we veg.  Hubby works but for a few hours.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Good Morning, not happy it's Monday but at least it's a short week!

3.5 for me this morning, it was pretty nice out - about 57 degrees and not as humid as the weekend

Lizzie - glad the stomach is feeling better!  You totally deserve a lazy Sunday!!

Damaris - Good Morning!  Have a good run later!

Ugh, no MOJO for work today.....

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I have my first Camp Gladiator class this morning. It's at the park where we do our hill work. I briefly considered going early and running first (I only want about 5 miles), but decided I'll try run after instead. It's very shaded there, so even though it will be hotter, it still shouldn't be too awful if I take it slow. I need to go find my little dumbbells and a mat.

Other than that, no real plan for the day. I should clean some - DH was weirdly productive this weekend and I......read a lot and did nothing except lots and lots of laundry. He cleaned out the van and then fixed a rattle that developed, and he did some work on the yard where it gets all muddy.

Liz, nice 10 and nice job doing nothing yesterday! It's easy for us I think to beat ourselves up for doing nothing, but we need it sometimes. Between the new job and the wedding prep, you've earned plenty of veg time.

Damaris, enjoy the 6 tonight.

Laura, jealous of that 57!

Yes, it's Monday, but there's a holiday on Thursday! DH said he hoped he remembered where his office was since he hasn't been there in almost two weeks. Next week already is our trip to Oregon so we can hopefully buy a place for Margaret to crash for all the Oregon races.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Body pump this morning.  Massage this afternoon.  I think I really need it.  Everything is sore and stiff. Sad  Back to the grind.  I do not want to be in the office today.  Gotta cut the grass tonight.  If the riding mower doesn't start I will cut it with the push mower.  Oh well.  I like to cut the grass. Hope that won't negate the effects of my massage!

Men and shoes!  DH and I went shoe shopping for him last night.  Got him out of the "old man walking shoes" and into some hip lightweight rides--he walked Skye this morning and liked them. Wink I wanted some shoes, but think I will wait and replace my Asics soon. Like I need more shoes lol.

Have a great day everyone!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Virtual Wednesday for me, we have Thurs and Fri off.    Very warm and stormy weekend for us, though my morning runs were in decent, though warm/humid weather.  6 miles on Saturday, I had planned to do 3-4 miles with 11 year-old DD for her 10K prep.  She was really hot and she was taking walk breaks.  She did about 3.5 miles and we got to the drinking fountain at the playground about a mile from our house, she said that she couldn't run anymore and she wanted to walk home.  I asked if she minded walking by herself, since I had to do at least 6 miles for the day and I didn't want to completely cool down.  I would run by her on the bike path and loop back and see her as she walked.  She said that was fine, I ran the rest of the way down the street, then back, figuring that I would pass her.  I never did and I was a bit worried.  Then I spotted her running!  She decided to run the mile home.  She ran fast!  Maybe she didn't want me to pass her.    So she ended up running about 4.5 miles, the farthest that she has ever run.  I'm glad she ended the run on a positive note, she was really not happy.  I ran about 11.5 miles yesterday, with 10 miles then 8x20 sec strides after the run.  That was not fun!  Some bad storms rolled into the area in the afternoon and our power was out for 4 hours.  I read my book.  

Liz, nice 10+ this morning!  I'm glad you gave yourself a break this weekend.  You work your body hard!  Lazy days are good.    Ugh on the food poisoning!  OK, this is gross but I read about how a lady found blood in her Panera salad.  It was our local Panera! I haven't gotten a salad there since.  Probably a fluke, but still...   I hope your butt has recovered, haha.

Damaris, hope the knee behaves for your 6!

Laura, nice run this morning and during the weekend in the heat!  I think everyone is dragging this morning.  

Karen, hope Camp Gladiator goes well!  You better get on buying a place for Margaret to stay.    Nice running this weekend!  DD has a taste for smoothies, and you are right, they are not cheap.  I made myself a chocolate shake this weekend.  We have a bunch of ice cream in the freezer leftover from DD's party awhile ago.  Have to use it.  

Sue, hope the massage helps!  We can always use more shoes.    Nice 8!

Kupcakes, congrats on 3rd female and sub 8!

Kat, nice job getting out there for the hot miles!

Cathy

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy Canada Day!

Today is our nation's birthday so a holiday for me .

And it's been the nicest weekend this year weather wise.

After a June from hell (health problems for hubs,  a minor case of pf for me,  some yucky squabbling from both of us) I'm ready to rejoin the land of interwebz chatting. Today was a 5k run and then 1 mile walk with hubby and then we will continue to tackle rejuvenating our garden. The back is done. the large front one is done and today we work on the one beside the driveway. The side one can wait until next year. We are going minimal. I've pulled up almost everything and laid out mulch. I'm too lazy to maintain the more lush kinds we've tried to create and it looked messy as a result.

Obviously I've much catching up to do so no personals for me today but enjoy your day!!!!!!!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, yes about after days off wanting to run more! On that day running is always effortless.

Friday I did 45 minutes TM running, 25 minutes bike, then stretches series.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday Buddy and I had just started to the trail when we saw the car that had been watching us for months. The police know about him. Weird person. Anyway, we went on to do 70 sweaty, humid minutes. Saw a bunny and the ospreys.

Today I did the 45 minute run and 35 bike. Stretches have really helped over time.

I’ve come to the conclusion that any aches and pains related to running have gone away since I have been doing the TM runs, stretches and biking.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – You have a REALLY short week. Super jealous. Also jealous of your temperature!!

Karen – I am eager to hear how the class went! And if you were able to run afterwords 😊 Wow, look at DH! Hey, you are always productive, you deserve some downtime to you know 😊

Cathy – Aw, you should have seen my big smile when I read about DD! She is so cute. She is born to do some distance running. That is what its all about – not giving up! Proud of her 😊 Nice running for you this weekend! Your run yesterday looked really hard. I bet that was not fun. Lucky you having Thurs and Fri off! You know I can never have Panera Salad again, right?! LOL. I wasn’t sure that was even it! It had to be though. I didn’t eat anything else that I normally don’t eat. Man. I would say it was just a fluke, but those stomach cramps were not normal. Okay, I won’t go into detail like I did with HCF 😊 Chocolate shake sounds really good. MMMMM.

Lori – Happy Canada Day!! We are glad to have you back! Nice run today and walk with DH! I promised myself I would garden at the new house.

Judy – Wait. What?! There has been a car watching you for months?! What did the police say?! This is strange. Nice running for you as usual! We have been seeing a lot of bunnies!

Docket - Have a good run later. Hope that knee behaves. I need to do lazy weekends more often.

Have a good afternoon everyone!

Docket_Rocket

The good thing about 5 days a week of running (vs what I was doing with 6) is that I can move stuff easier.  My knee is OK but I don't want to risk it so moving my RD to today.  I twisted it sometime at home (not running) last night and being sitting down in the office all day didn't help it.

Laura, I had no mojo either, so out of 10 things I did...one.  Took me hours though.

Karen, that sounds tough.  Is that the one that costs a huge penny?

Susan, enjoy the massage!

Cathy, nice!  We work this Friday; or I should say they do because it's my Friday off, lol.

Lori, glad to hear you are back at it and Happy Canada Day!

Judy, nice workouts.  Glad the aches and pains are gone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, hope the knee gets better quickly. Sending good healing vibes to knee.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training followed by weeding the garden. I hate weeding, those stupid weeds grow so quick.