Womens Running

There's fall Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 20 times)

nolamama

CQTM

Helllllllllllllllo Ladies!

ER: I ran yesterday and it went well. Well, 1/2 walked, 1/2 ran. I'm still running every third day. I've been following the Pfitz return to running after a sfx program and I just repeated week 1, day 1 x3. I might be ready to move to the next day! I've had zero pain or soreness the past couple days. Today I did a core/ST type class and the elliptical. My legs are jello and they will hurt tomorrow for sure.

TR: Molars, molars, molars. The only thing that will console her is the damn pacifier. We've given in a few times. Oh well.  It's better than screaming!

FR: Chicken something or other tonight. SIL is in town so it's nice to have another set of hands, although it means we have another dog. So 3 dogs, 1 toddler and a husband make 5 KIDS. Maybe this was NRR?

NRR: Our Costco finally opened. I'm officially a junkie.

zorbs: Are y'all still headed to Richmond? Is DH still running?

r-eh: Sorry about your foot pain. Are you tapering yet?

Ernie: I think what S does in the pool is pretty awesome at her age. I haven't found any programs here that will teach kids under 2 or 3. They just have mommy & me classes in the pool.

Bermy: Do you think it might be the caffeine in chocolate or something else? For some reason I remember reading something about chocolate being a trigger.

CAR: How is being back to work? How is O at daycare? Is she walking yet?

Becky: Are you doing Richmond as well?

RG: Ugh, sorry your idiot coworker has such a hard time comprehending simple information!

Spike: so scary about the allergies, poor kiddo!!

beckykay

Nola:  LOL on the 5 kids.  I feel like I have three - DH, C and our dog.  Yep, only the half though.  I was training for the full until I sprained my ankle last month.  I thought I could bounce back and still do it but the ankle is still a little sore on long run days.  Better not risk it.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Becky- it was super windy, so I think it was just crap in the air that caused the allergic reaction. That time that his face puffed up in August it was super windy and smoky.

Nola- boo on the molars/cranky kiddo. I don't remember R being a bad teether, to be honest. But he made up for it in other ways, like not sleeping thru the night ever until he was 10 mos and making me go off dairy for a year.. glad you got some running in! Woohoo! I love Costco so much, its a good thing its at least an hour away. Having extra kids around makes me so tired.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - mmm tacos!!  Boo to the colds, hope you and DH stay healthy.

rg - yikes 5:30 is early!  Is he tired when he wakes up that early?  M occasionally waked up super early like that but will almost always go back to bed, and it's been easier to get her back to bed since it's been dark at that time.  She needs the sleep!

spike - oh no on the reaction!!  Poor him and poor you, that would be so hard to deal with.  YAY for DH being off for a week!  Mine would probably just sleep in, but I hope yours gets lots done, or at least takes the pressure off you.

r-eh - sorry your foot is so sore.  You're into taper now right?  IMHO, I'd NOT run another step until your foot feels 100%, even if it means not running during your taper.  I think it's better to get to the starting line healed up than having run more and injured.

nola - HI!!!!  YAY for running!  LOL on 5 kids... I feel like that many days with 2 dogs, 2 kids and a husband.  Work is good, I am loving having a life outside the house, which coincidentally is a mess, O is great at daycare, she loves the daycare lady, nope not walking, not even pulling to standing.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

running eh

CA - I have been raising $$$ for charity for a 10k run on Saturday.  I guess I could walk it or switch to the 5k, but I feel kind of bad about that....I will let you all know what the chiro says.   I agree w. your idea though!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - yeah that's a tough one.  I'd consider what your 'A' goal is, and also know that if I had given $ to a charity for a run, I'd be happy my money was going to a good cause and not really care too much about the runner and what he/she did.  Hopefully the chiro has good words though and it heals up quick.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

Bermy - I find tempos much harder than intervals, too. Not as fast, but they go on and on and on. It's totally a mental game. You need to find your motivating mantra to push through. I am so much better at hanging onto my pace during tempo runs (and races) since having S, because when I feel like bailing I tell myself "STFU, wuss. This is nothing compared to childbirth". Sorry about the migraine. Hope you can find your trigger to reduce to frequency.

CA - Great that DH is sharing the serious parenting role. I suspect my DH is being a pushover when he's alone with S because lately, whenever I tell her no she whines "Daddyyyyyy" as though he is likely to give her what she wants. Yuck on the 6 am meeting. The least they could do is provide you with good coffee at that hour!

zorbs - Ha, I must have missed your post about stepping on the turd. I recently was changing S on the couch and a surprise turd rolled out and got between the couch cushions. Nasty.

Becky - Hope the Halloween parade was fun and the other moms weren't too bad!

rg - Do you remember if R was affected by the clocks going back last fall? S hasn't been affected by any of the time changes so far, but I guess you never know. 4:30 am would not be cool! Yay for the possibility of being done with the gym next Friday!

spike - Oh no on the allergic reaction! I'm sure it's always scary even though you're a pro at dealing with it. That would be awesome if you guys could be in your new place by Christmas!

eh - That's great that DD2 loved the library program! I think you're right that S is too young (and too hyper!) to listen to swimming instructions in a class setting. I think I'll go back to just taking her to public swim after this and then maybe try lessons again next fall. The meat you get from the local farmer sounds great! We are planning to buy a meat share from the farm where we get our veggie CSA boxes and I'm looking forward to it. Hope the chiro can fix up your foot!

nola - Hiiii! Glad you have you back here and back to running! ha, enjoy that houseful of kids. Oh! I should specify that I am in the water with S during these lessons. She's not quite an elite swimmer yet Wink

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

DS is up already (yikes) and completely full of head cold. I don't think I will be able to get back for personals. Did want to say hi and thanks for writing to me in response to mine. Hope everyone is having a good day. And thanks everyone for being my friend. I appreciate you all so so much. x

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31