Womens Running

Thirsty Thursday Supermoms (Read 15 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Spike - yeah I totally hear you on the hormones, I was only on bcp's for a year, maybe two, and then went to natural fertility tracking, and now the IUD bc I don't want to risk getting pgr. I was totally happy with my weight at 137 ish too, I'm really trying to trust my hunger and body to naturally settle into the a healthy weight so long as I'm not eating too much shit... it's hard to not get hung up on numbers though!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- I'm okay with just one kid if DH is not up for another, its just the feeling of hanging in limbo that I hate. My life has been in a holding pattern for 3 years and I want to know what my next move it. I went on BC when I was 18, I've never DTD without it other than the 3 mos we were trying for R. I'm ready to have a normal sex life again.

CA- I'm thinking I'm going to do Paragard. I don't mind AF, I'm done with the artificial hormones.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RR- got in 8 mi on treadmill last night, ran 4 mi before DH left for his run, then 4 mi after he got back.  It may be warm enough to run with the Bob today, yay!!!!!!  Last long run this weekend, 21 mi?  on the Bosotn Marathon course! then 5k on sunday, only because our club puts it on, and it is part of a series of races.. Not expecting much from 5k, esp after long run day before.  Hoping for around 60 miles this week..figuring out next few days... then taper..YAY!

BR- another tough night. gassy. he ate pouch of yogurt baby food. Has never done that before.

FR- hmmm, not sure yet. Nachos?

Rg- so cute about telling DH about the day!

Zorbs- Nice treadmill work, hope ATB pace felt comfy and you are ready to go! =)

Emie- Very cool about the 5k program! Sounds 's like fun.  Vroom vroom, cars racing at stoplights, thats funny.  It makes me smile whenever I hear babble. Sounds like S is ready to take on the day!

CA- hope you are feeling better! Poor kiddo reguarding the teething. No fun. Still waiting for K to cut teeth,  this teething thing seems to go on forever!

Mer- how old is your baby? wow, the army crawl, nice milestone! K is almost 8.5 months old, no army craw yet, just barrel rolling everywhere.

Arm - I have never been to a  athleta or lulu lemon before! sounds like that's a good thing as I would prob want to go on a shopping spree.. Nice mall of america is so close. We have not been to a mall yet.

Spike - Boo on the asthma. Hugs re kid#2. That's tough. DH and I still have yet to have that conversation.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - the good thing about stirfries is that there are endless combinations! nope not sriracha lime coleslaw, just oil and vinegar and dijon mustard.

e_rain - I am one of those people who needs race day magic to run fast, so race pace workouts are soul crushing for me. "I'm supposed to run 30K at that pace?"  I will be seeing Robin at the race.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Zorbs- Best of luck to you both!!!!!! I tend to be the same way with pace..I will do a few miles at goal pace and be worried, this shouldn't feel hard, but it does! How could I do a race at this pace? I'm like ahhh! that's crazy!! For races, I end up just running, and pace usually just happens. You got this!

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

runninmer

e_rain - H is just a week shy of 6 months.  He is doing things a lot earlier than J did.  J was walking at 9 or 10 months, DH and I can't remember!  I think having an older brother is helping "speed things up"!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

RR2- had a really great run this morning- a little over 7 miles. It was COLD out, only 10*, but at least the wind wasn't blowing, and I got to see a really nice sunrise.

zorbs- eek, it's ATB race weekend!! Are you gunning for a PR? I have zero desire to ever do a Spartan/warrior/tough mudder style race. I don't think that the obstacles would be a problem, but standing around waiting my turn to go over them would annoy the living shit out of me. When I race, I like to go when the gun goes off and not stop until I hit the finish line. Is the bike staying at DH's office for a while?

Ernie- are you running ATB this  weekend, too? how awesome at the coaching opportunity! I love working with new runners. I am going to have my crunch and run class again this year, with our target race as the Wineglass 5K. It's the day before the Wineglass marathon. Lol on racing the other cars. R's usually pretty chatty within about 5 min after he wakes up.

CA- hope the 1000's go well tonight! yay for bday being all planned. I feel like the first year of R's life went at a normal pace, but ever since that first bday, it's flown by. Hard to believe he'll be 3 in a few months. Aww, hope O's teeth pop through soon.

Mer- hope you can get out to run later today! Yay for crawling- how fun! I bet he loves trying to keep up with J. LOL on DH turning off J's light. Have fun out to pizza tonight. Is this a new sitter?

arm- ugh on the rain to snow. can't it just be spring and stay nice?! and yes, 40* sounds warm to me! it was 10* this morning when I ran. haha on DD3's nickname. I haven't taken R shopping to the mall in ages- I think he was less than a year old last time we went. I just don't want to deal with a toddler who's angry that he has to sit in a stroller. My mom is coming out in a couple of weeks, and we're going shopping at the outlets (without R). I am so ridiculously excited that I get to actually take time to browse through the store, and not just walk up and down the aisles, getting what's on my list. I'm glad we don't have an athlete here- I'd be broke!

spike- aw, poor R with the asthma. hope he's doing better today. we've started taking R's toys away too, or taking away fun things, like reading books before nap/bedtime if he's being a turd. Haha- the nice thing about stir-frys is you can vary the ingredients so much, and never repeat a meal. Aww, hugs. So sorry about the argument with DH, and the post-poning of baby #2. I hope you can find the time to get away.

E-rain- hooray for a warmer run today! Yay for last LR before boston. How awesome that you get to run the course. I live on the local marathon course here, and it's great to be able to get familiar with it before race day. hope that K lets you get some sleep soon. Does he have a dairy sensitivity?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - DH didn't want to bring the bike home last night since it was so cold and B would want to ride it.  So DH will probably bring it home tonight.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

rg - It is our FIRST sitter.  I know she will be okay, its J I worry about! Smile  The boys haven't met her so we want them all to be familiar with each other.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I asked my dr about paragard, but she didn't recommend it unless you specifically had an issue w/ the mirina which I haven't - can't even tell that there are any hormones in me... I'm sure either will be better than the old fashioned bcp though.

e_Rain - nice treadmill miles!  Exciting that you get to run on the Boston course!  Too bad on the tough night, hope tonight is better.

RG - it's been snowing here steadily since yesterday morning... I'm sick of this!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

CA - Good luck with your intervals! I hope the snow stops and you get some better weather soon. It was actually 0C by noon when I did my run today. It felt like a miracle! Cranberry pork sounds yummy

mer - Yuck on the rain, although, at this point, I would probably be happy to see rain just because it's not snow. Hope J and the sitter get along well. That finance park sounds really cool!

zorbs - I have free rein to do anything I want for the learn to run class

arm - So funny and random about Dooey! I have never even looked on an Altheta website, because everyone raves about it and I'd probably want to buy everything. Since there are no Athleta stores here either, I have kept myself sheltered from the temptation!

spike - I'm so sorry about this 2nd kid situation, it obviously has you down, and justifiably so. Will your DH agree to seriously discuss the issue again in, say, six months?

e-rain - I'l bet you are ready for taper after all that wicked mileage! Hope K isn't sensitive to those baby food pouches. They are so handy to keep in your diaper bag for emergency baby snacks! S will still gladly eat one if we are out and she gets hungry.

rg - Nope, no ATB for me. Leanne actually offered me her bib, but between the travel time and race, it would take up the entire day, plus I wasn't at all motivated to plan for a race when the weather was so horrible.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- I only want 1 or 2 kids. If we just have the one, I'm fine. However DH's mantra is "not right now" which is kind of a cop out. He doesn't really want another but says if I really do we can have one- obviously that makes me feel like crap because it would be putting me in a situation of forcing my will on him rather than something mutually agreed to. Know what I mean? So for now I will get an IUD so I can get a better handle on my personal health, and if he doesn't come around in the next couple years then we will go for something more permanent. I made a Dr. appt for Tuesday. He's upset that I have gone thru all this crap with the BC and didn't just get an IUD in the first place right after R was born. I just have sort of been in a holding pattern with my job, my fitness goals, etc because I thought that we would have tried for #2 by now, but it just didn't play out that way. At least DH and I are on the same page now and have a plan.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07