Womens Running

All Black TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

So, when I got home from pilates, I had to fight the intersections like The Purge due to an asshole car crashing into a main transformer.  We had no power until 30 minutes ago.  Forget about running today, lol.

I guess the thought is what counts?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with some intervals. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes Saturday night. I have bites all over my legs and I am really trying hard not to scratch--getting ready to take some Benadryl & then going to bed. Stupid insects.

Arimathea

Tessa

When I saw the title, I thought of rugby. Guess not!

My mum was the wedding planner for us. We did most of it ourselves and my dad lamented that he had not purchased stock in 3M before the summer of 1990. I have no idea how many Post-Its my mother went through in the months leading up to the wedding. If you stood still for more than a moment there was a sticky note on you saying what needed to be done with you and when.

Karen, I presume your dad was expecting the results he got? Any surprises? DD and DS would like to do that at some point -- we are fairly certain I'm 100% northwestern European, probably a mixture of Norman, Saxon, and Celt, however we aren't certain about DH. AS far as we know he was 3/4 Mexican, 1/8 Irish, and 1/8 Cherokee, but that's family lore and may not be accurate. The Mexican is likely a mixture of Spanish, French (Maximilian's army), and Native American. Someday we may do the Ancestry or 23AndMe thing.

Liz, if you don't want to train for races, DON'T. Running is supposed to be fun! I would say don't worry about times, focus on the surroundings and not how long it takes you to get around the course. There will be time to get faster, you have plenty of it at this point in your life.

Again little time...story of my life. 2.5 run this morning, no exciting findings or sightings, and 4.42 at lunch. I made it to the gym. Yay!