Womens Running

Yes I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I hope everyone has heard that Rupert Holmes song!

Happy Pina Colada Day! YUM YUM! Can't wait to have one on my honeymoon!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

12+ for me this morning.

Mid-week long run complete. This morning was the "coolest" morning of the week - DP at 67. Sigh. Like Run4kupcakes mentioned yesterday, it was still yucky out but it was nice not to be instant sweating when I walked out the door. I still struggled around mile 9 and almost just went home - didn't bring water with me and was dying of thirst! I figured, oh, I don't need water. Wrong. Anyway, its done.

Have a lot on the to-do list today! Looking forward to running rest day tomorrow and MASSAGE! Smile Its probably going to hurt.

All this talk about books is making me want to go to the library! I just may.

Run4kupcakes – Nice run yesterday! Oh, glad to hear that you aren’t having any flooding. My boss was dealing with bank branches that had major flooding somewhere in MD. I hear tomorrow the disgusting heat and humidity will return!

Lisa – Wow, 2 20-milers on Saturday?! Holy crap. Are you planning on running with some people during those runs?! I have the same issue with fluids. I can’t seem to get enough.

Margaret – Hope you enjoyed your Kettlebell’s last night 😊 WOOT WOOT for cutting back!

Tessa – If I could make the cookies dirty shapes, you know I would. Wow, nice running yesterday! Oh no on the emails! Frustrating. Have you tried deleting your work email account and re-adding it? Sometimes that fixes it. I have had to do that a few times.

Have a great day everyone!

LC Runs

3.6 this morning, not as cool as yesterday but still comfortable.  I so love early morning running, so peaceful!

Hi Lizzie - way to rock 12+ miles, Girl!  So, what shape are the cookies going to be in?  I'm like Tessa, my mind went there ha ha!!  Enjoy the massage tomorrow, my Girl is all booked up so I can't get in until August boo hoo!

I am not a Pina Colada girl but it's also National Don't Step on a Bee Day, National Kitten Day and National Picnic with a Teddy Bear Day!!  Just some useless knowledge for us all!

Seloc

I don't like pina coladas (too sweet) but I do love that song.  Liz, how do YOU know that song, it came out before you were born!!  The lyrics crack me up.

Nothing today - trying to rest and heal the pains.  Not sure it'll work.  As for chiro, I only have one appt left that my insurance will pay for.  As for the training group, yes, I can run slower and shorter and be last.  I guess I was mostly just moaning about such.  Sorry for that.  From the huffing and puffing, yes, I, personally, think some are running too fast.  But, they are young and green and I'm not a coach.

Mmmmm kettlebells LOL.  Lisa, that is some SERIOUS mileage you have planned!!  HUGE sweater here, too.  Hate it.  Wish I could turn off the faucet.

Karen - hope you had a nice birthday!  Great job getting those miles in with your weather.  Hope you get out before the big storm comes through!  I put the Unhoneymooners on request - there is quite a line ahead of me.  It does look entertaining.  Have a great time in OR!!

Cathy - sounds like a lovely day yesterday.  I'm kicking around taking tomorrow off but not sure I can.  We've been pretty warm lately - 70*s in the mornings.  Brief humidity drop tomorrow and then back to very sticky and 90*s.  Not going to complain about that, though!  I really liked the Tattooist!

Hey there, Laura!!  Like Cathy said - you and your sneaky miles haha.  They add up!!  Sorry for the work woes.  Won't it be great when we can retire??

Kat - thank you for volunteering!

Gotta run!!  Figuratively, anyway.  Have a good day!!

Another sleep in day. I was just beat. Still dragging.

The estate planning workshop was interesting.  We have lots to do.

Lisa--The Great Scorpion is in Meridian, which is about 2.5-3 hours north.  The Screaming Monkey is near Shreveport, which is about 6 hours from here.

Lizzie--Love the shoes! I could barely make it through the wedding in heels.  I put on flats as soon as I could.

Still no decision on DH's sail date.  Waiting on the storm to pass.

I just can't seem to get moving today....hope y'all are more awake than I am.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

I don't know if I have ever had a Pina Colada.  I have heard the song however.  It's also one of my 8 year old niece's favorite songs.     About 6.4 miles this morning with 5x800m (1/2 mile) intervals with 2 min recovery.  My legs actually felt OK but I was having a heck of a time breathing with the humidity.  It wasn't bad for someone like Lizzie (70 with 68 dewpoint) but hard for a northerner like me that just ran in 55 degree weather.  

Speaking of Lizzie, nice 12+ miles!  You don't want to know how much PTO I have... I carried over 20 hours of sick/personal time and 81 hours of vacation from last year.  I have about 181 hours of vacation yet for the year and 54 hours of sick time total.  I work 6 hours a day, so you do the math.    July 5th was a floating holiday for us, so I didn't have to use any of my own vacation time!  I don't have any big vacations planned for the year, so I may take some days here and there, while the weather is nice!  If only I had the cash to go on some nice vacations.    I assume the cookies are heart shaped?    Cute shoes!  I love Keds.  I have 3 pairs of them.  I could get more!  I had some slipper-like shoes that I wore for my wedding reception.

Sandy, I bet you are right about people running too fast for marathon training.  Everyone does that.    Live and learn, eh?  Huge sweater, sounds comfy.  Haha.    I was pretty dripping wet today.  Gross.  Don't mention retirement.  It's a really long way off.  

Sue, estate planning sounds like a good idea!  I have really been dragging lately too, I feel like I need afternoon naps.

Tessa, that is a long way to go for a book.  I would like to make my way out there sometime though!  

Lisa, 2 20 milers in a day?  Sounds fun.    Is bad sleep an old lady thing?  I am having the same issues!

Kupcakes, glad you got some "cooler" weather!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 9 miles tonight.    I like Pina Coladas (they are, after all, original from PR), but without rum because although I appreciate alcohol, I hate rum.  I'm such a bad Puerto Rican, lol.

Liz, nice MLR.

Laura, nice run.

Sandy, hoping the rest helps.  Take care of your aches.

Susan, glad the sleep helped.

Cathy, nice run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

That's a big no from me on pina coladas. Because coconut. Also because rum. Am I the only one guessing the wedding cookies will be peacocks?

I ran 6 this morning, took a shower and changed workout clothes (putting on a sports bra when you're still kinda sweating is hard, y'all!) and drove to Camp Gladiator. Then ran another 3.5 after that. Now I am beat. We spent a bunch of time last night looking at property online and figuring out our trip. The realtor I found in Ashland didn't find a lot of places that checked all the boxes, so we're now thinking about looking at the two that do on Friday afternoon, then making a 5-6 hour drive on Saturday to look at some other ones up near the WA border. So now I'm dealing with two different realtors and their schedules and trying to get everything done. Plus a bunch of stuff I need to do for my group, which starts up the weekend after this coming one. We fly home on a redeye Sunday night/Monday morning, then have our meet the coaches thing Monday night. And again Wednesday night.

Yesterday I talked to the PT that's come out and talked to our group the last two years. Last year he brought his table and had a line of people with issues that he took a look at and then told them what kind of exercises to do to fix their problems. Everyone loved him. So I had an idea of trading sponsorship for time, and seeing if he'd want to come once a month to do that in exchange for them being a sponsor. He thought that was a great idea, so I'm kinda excited about that.

How did it get to be noon already? I need to go eat something then come back for personals.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

And I'm back. That took a little longer than expected, I got distracted by the internet.

Nice seeing Lisa and Tessa on here last night!

Liz, it is so sad that I'm looking at that 67 dew point and thinking it looks awesome (still 77  here). But I know it still sucks. I love the library! Although when are you going to have time to read between now and October?

Laura, great job getting out there this morning. Hmmm, none of those days are really doing it for me, glad my birthday was yesterday and not today.

From the huffing and puffing, yes, I, personally, think some are running too fast.  But, they are young and green and I'm not a coach.

Sandy, if I were you, I'd talk to the coach of the slowest group and suggest a subgroup that went a little slower. Who am I kidding, if I were you I'd complain about the situation.....but if I were more outgoing like you, I'd do it!

Susan, every time I check that storm path has changed - moving west towards Texas! No it's not! Yes it is! Hope it doesn't cause problems for either of us. Although I'll be out of town when it hits, I'm just looking out for the dogs and hoping there are no power outages to ruin the food in the fridge.

Cathy, oooh, that sounds like a tough run, I gotta head over to Strava to check it out. DH has a ton of vacation too. This year he seems to be a bit better about taking it though. He'll still probably end up with a couple weeks off around Christmas. And probably Thanksgiving.

Damaris, enjoy those 9 easy miles tonight.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I have been on a granola and yogurt kick for lunch. YUM. Vanilla Greek yogurt with Bear Naked maple pecan granola?! YEESSSS. I also picked up some fresh peaches at the store. Only good thing about Summer..is the fruit!

DING DING! Karen gets the grand prize and all the extra cookies - just kidding - I will be stealing them from the tables 😊

Laura – Nice miles this morning. Totally agree about morning running. I don’t think I would ever want to step on a bee – that should be everyday! I wonder how they think of these days?

Snady – Haha, hasn’t everyone heard that song!? Sorry about the pains ☹ Does your insurance coverage with the chiro start over in 2020? Don’t apologize for moaning. We all do it for one thing or another. That’s what we are here for 😊

Susan – I wouldn’t dare wear heels to the wedding. No way am I breaking a foot! That’s good news about DH, right? 😊

Cathy – Really? No Pina Coladas? Have you ever traveled outside of US? That’s the only place I have had a Pina Colada – on a tropical island! Smile Sorry about the humidity and the run – you still crushed though. 7:46 pace on intervals? Who are you? LOL. Seriously – that is awesome!!!  Can I have some of that PTO? I mean, its well earned..but DANG. I am jealous! Does it carry over to next year if you don’t use it? I love Keds, too! I thought this would be a cute idea.

Docket – No rum?! What is wrong with you?! 😉 Have a great 9!

Karen – Uhm. Your current retired life is 10x as busy as my work life. I am exhausted just reading about your day so far. Nice job with that workout! I bet you are beat. As far as the property goes, great idea to see some other options while you are there! Man, you are going to be busy. Even busier when you get home. You’re right – book reading time might have to wait until I am on the plane to Hawaii! Wedding is all the talk these days. I can’t escape it.

Have a great evening everyone!

4.5 this morning in continuing the lower mileage but more frequent run thing.

Can't think of the last time I had a Pina Colada but they are good. I also like the Jelly Bellies of that flavor. 

Liz-awesome morning run for you! 12 miles with no water?  The Saturday thing is a Fat Ass so there will be others out. I'm going with Michele (she's on the FB group but not here). It's put on by the RD of the Indiana Trail 100 as a training run. Will be full sun and hot. I'm picturing your cookies being church shaped... probably each place setting will have 1 steeple and 2 bells, right?

Laura-thank you for the useless knowledge.. remember tomorrow is slurpee day.

Sandy-hope the pains go away!

Sue-Woohoo on the Scorpion being close! Maybe we can figure out a way to meet up. Will be Abhay, Kathryn and me.

Cathy-use your PTO girl! In one podcast they mentioned how infrequently people actually run their race pace (especially for ultras).. that they train too fast so then on race day aren't able to pull out all the gears they need because they haven't practiced them enough.

Damaris-Hope you get your 9 in!

Karen-no you are not the only one guessing the cookies will be peacocks. We ALL knew that. Nobody was imagining any other shape of cookies. Sheesh... what do you take us for?  Once a marketing genius..always a marketing genius! Nice partnership with the PT! Nice double run you got in today!

Tessa-nice creative way to get those miles in.

Margaret-I'm glad I was able to break the code... I think Burpees are really code for drinking beer so now the whole thing about people "hating" burpees and kettlebells... we are on to you.

Hoping to get more sleep tonight than last night... hate being up from 3 to 4:30am. 

Lisa

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. Definitely warmer today.

Add me to the heavy sweaters club. I keep meaning to weigh my running clothes pre and post run because they seem to at least double in weight.

While we didn't have natural flooding, there was a water main break. When I've taken the light rail to downtown, I usually get off at this stop. Basically, the entire shelter is now in the sinkhole. So glad I don't have to drive downtown.

Arimathea

Tessa

HCK, yikes on the shelter! Hope nobody was in it. What happened, a collapse into an old pipe or sewer?

Lisa. 2 20s? How much of a break do you get between them? Because there is NO WAY I could do a 20, go home and shower and eat, then go back for 20 more. Not even when I was in really good shape.

Pina coladas? Not sure I have ever had one, they sound awfully sweet. But willing to try pina colada cake or cupcakes...

Karen, I vote for up near the Washington border. Especially east. Did I mention DD lives in Spokane? And that she is in line to inherit some money from MIL's estate and is planning to make it a down payment on a house? The Mt. Spokane 25/50 is one I would love to do again. Maybe next summer. Too late to do it now, it's in late July.

Liz, peacocks? Do you need to frost them too?

Cathy, you are welcome out here. Library is usually stocked with books!

Scary on the storm in NO. Susan, glad DH is not out in that. And sing it on kicking heels off as soon as possible on your wedding day. 5 minutes into the reception my heels were under the buffet table and I spent the rest of the evening without shoes. No regrets for a ruined pair of pantyhose!

I hope the storm doesn't go too far west, I have to be in Dallas Monday and Tuesday. Work travel.

3 miles this morning. And some of those were occupied by a work call. This is getting ridiculous.

My dad used to break out the blender at Christmas and make pina coladas or daiquiris or margaritas. The tradition has simplified into beer and wine nowadays.  Not nearly as festive.

Karen, since I know you’re wondering, I would be in favor of you getting a place the northern part of OR too.  

Tessa, any end in sight for the craziness at work?  Hopefully just a bad time of year with renewals.

CrazySue, hope that storm stays away from you!

Lizzie, I love the sparkly Keds!

Sandy, bummer on the training group. You know that you shouldn’t worry about their pace (especially since it sounds like they’re going waaay too fast).  But it’s still a downer bringing up the rear all the time.  And I’m sure the sore booty and such isn’t helping.  Have patience, grasshopper!  It’ll come together.  

Ack, already 11 pm. Ran 10 after work today, including a few with the Wednesday meet-up group.  But running after work always throws my schedule out of whack since then I eat late and goof around on the internet late and don’t go to bed until late.  Night night all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

35 minute run yesterday before going to the doc for my toes.

45 minute run today, then 35 on the bike with padding.

The toe problem is caused by neuropathy but I have remedies I can do for it. If it gets worse I am to go back to the doc. He told me to use a cushion on the stationary bike seat and a pillow behind me. I had been using a shoe box  so I will have to find a suitable pillow.

Happy runs, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns