Womens Running

Throw it Down Thursday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Not to be confused with Throw it Up Thursday. LOL

Cindy is going to defiantly and definitely throwing down those miles, watching them tick away, and feeling the sweet feeling of accomplishing something she has worked and trained consistently for.  Something she never believed she could do.  She is about to become .... a marathoner! So exciting!

Laura-yes, I grew up in Houghton, Home of the Michigan Technological University Huskies. Where we just sort of embrace the snow (happens when you fall in it so often) and build snow statues that are as big as houses. This past year was tough because it was too cold much of the time for safety.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/10/snow-sculptures-kid-movie_n_4747472.html

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/photos-snowiest-college-in-the/23009367

Dressing appropriately and going out for a 31, feels like 25 degree run.  At least it is November.. let's get this winter going and done with!  Bring on the Yaktrax!!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday's run was 35 track minutes. I've been a little slow the last few days. The tooth is starting to get close to infected. That may be a contributing cause. Not sure. Root canal today at noon. : pbbt::roll: The tooth has been sensitive since summer. I'm relieved to get something done. My dentist is a very good one.
      I'll see how I feel after the anaesthetic wears off whether or not to do cardio today. I plan to run tomorrow though.
      Happy runs, All!:::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Love the title today.  The Fat Ass run sounds like fun!  Hope you have a great am run Smile

Judy - You are always so consistent with your training!!!

Cindy - So excited for you!  Thanks for posting your bib number so we can cyber"stalk" you Smile  It really is fun to know that people are "stalking" you while you are running!  I have one RB that I can always just imagine what she is saying to me if I am slowing down, or going out too fast! She is usually slower then I am, we ran Detroit together and  she told me "If I catch up with you I am going to kick your A#$".....believe me, I did look over my shoulder to make sure she wasn't right behind me LOL...

LCruns - Do you have snow on the ground up your way?

Did tempo run with 2 RB's yesterday....took my clothes to work to change, when I pulled on what I thought were tights, they were capris , in the low 30's, spitting snow, and windy....oh well, I warmed up fast!

I am going to Yogalattes tonight Smile

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning! 4 miles with my running buddy this morning. Temperature was 17f to start and 20f by the time I finished. We have snow coming in but my run was dry. Hit some ice where sprinklers had run. I noticed my running buddy slipping and we were able to detour around it. I guess its time to move my runs to after work for the winter.

Lisa – your run on Saturday sounds fun. Hope you have a good run. I was born in MI (Trenton), but never lived there past 5 weeks old as my dad was in the Air Force. I still have a lot of family in MI though. I don’t envy your weather.

LC – glad you had a safe trip

Judy – Glad you’re getting your tooth taken care of and I hope it isn’t too unpleasant.

Bikerchick – nice job on the tempo run. Hope Yogalattes goes well

Cindy - best wishes for a strong, successful race!

Brr!!  And we are cold and it was 41F and raining this morning!  I don't see how y'all in the frozen north handle it.

Spin class this morning.

Yes, Lisa--throw it down is better that throw it up!

Stay warm!

Arimathea

Tessa

Back from chilly Texas! 33 felt like 19 yesterday morning. 4.5 solo then 1.3 with friend. She was all bundled up.

At work. Catching up. Lisa, that fat ass run sounds like a good idea! Cindy, good luck Saturday. Judy, root canal isn't that bad. Novocain is a wonderful invention. Susan, glad BF's ship's mechanical difficulties are fixed.

Waving to everyone else!

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  Too much work all week, ugh!  And on top of that, my asthma has been a pain.  3.19 miles yesterday and heavy weights.  Tonight it's Pilates and 11 if I can muster some lungs.

Lisa, do I need to throw up on Thursdays?  Hope your run went well.

Go, Cindy!

Shadow, nice picture!

Judy, hope the anesthetic lets you run.

Bikerchick, enjoy the yogalates.

Sue, nice job on the spinning.

Tessa, hiya!

Can I mention it's only 82F here?  I saw a girl dressed like a ninja this morning, black and LS and all.  In 75!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me.

And if you haven't seen it:  Running Warehouse has their annual gift card sale where you get extra.  It is a really good deal.  I know some of us use it every year.

It's that time of year again.....Buy a gift card and get a gift card FREE this week at RW! Act now while supplies last, sale ends November 14, 2014.

Buy a $100 Gift Card, Get a FREE $25 Gift Card.
                  Buy a $50 Gift Card, Get a FREE $10 Gift Card.

Shop Now: http://bit.ly/yi0Y6N

Back in a bit for personals.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Root canals. Yuck. I had one years ago but had an oral surgeon so it was quick and nothing to it. Was my dentist fault I needed it at all as they missed a crack in a tooth they put a crown on. I switched dentists after that for sure.

Lisa no throwing up here. Throw down is better. We cool down tomorrow but I not as drastic as some areas. Was nice to run in shorts and sports bra. Tomorrow I'll need a shirt. Tbd if short or long sleeve yet

Cindy hope the marathon goes well!

Carol I bet that was cold. How is the new job been going?

Shadow nice pic earlier that you posted

Sue I think you'll be a lot colder than us

tessa Texas?  For work, I'm guessing

D boo to more asthma

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, yes, work. Underwriter was out from Europe so I met with him & client at client's headquarters. Site tours & dinner. Very quick visit however I think it was worth it.

3.2 this morning, 4 at lunch. Feeling very fluffy and want to take off some pounds before Thanksgiving.

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with Pilates and 8.10 miles.  Not my best miles but the best ones this week.  Much better than yesterday (although some way to go).

Marjorie, I actually got my cards today!  Not sure why I forgot to tell people about it.  SMH.

Tessa, nice job on the double.  I might start doing doubles if this asthma continues.  6 are better than 3 even if I split them so my asthma does not arise.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page