Womens Running

Single Spaced WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Anonymous Guest

And I just cancelled the minivan rental! Tomorrow I'm going to check on kennel availability over New Years, looks like we can fly into Tampa pretty cheap. That's about a 2-hour drive, but flights are about half the cost of flying into Ft. Myers. MIL will be there through March, so even if the kennel is booked already for New Years, we can go sometime in Jan/Feb.  I am so glad DH decided he didn't want to do that drive!

Damaris, you are funny. You know you can email me anytime. I think you probably are in about 57 minute shape. If you're holding that MP on those longer runs, you're faster than your recent races indicate. But I understand the hesitation - blowing up is not fun, and you are doing this race to see what you're capable of and for fun. Maybe start out the first mile or two closer to one hour pace and then pick up the pace. Try to finish closer to 55 minute pace - what is that, about 9 minute miles? So maybe start at 9:40 or so and then try to make it a progression run. Of course, this is do as I say, not as I do advice, since I tend to go out way too fast and blow up. Which is definitely not fun. Or fast.

Sandy, that sounds really cold. We are back into the 80s during the day, but a cold front is supposed to come through this weekend. Possibly highs in the 60s, woohoo! I caught up on This Is Us this afternoon. Kinda depressing.

Cathy,, I think the 24-hour relay sounds fun.

Kathryn, yay! Well if you and Lisa are both going to do the 50k, maybe I should....nope, I'm sticking with the 20 miler. I'll bring refreshments and my Kindle if I need to, 20 miles is far enough for me.

Elina, on behalf of the person coming in to interview, thank you for fixing the spreadsheet! That sounds like some kind of anxiety nightmare come true!

Diane, hope nothing else was wrecked with the lightning strike. And I'm glad it seems like you're going to figure out a way to make the Maine trip work.

Marjorie, good to see you here. The nerve of that woman!

Tessa, I am not at all surprised you are signing up for the race this weekend. Enjoy.

Margaret, you need to get and stay healthy. Got it?

HCK, I have to admit, Hudson is one plan I haven't tried/looked much at. I should get the book. I want to read the Daniels book too - I've read a lot about his way of training, but haven't read the book. I even have the book already..

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

HuronHeart

3 TM miles this morning,  it was too dark for me to run outside plus all the hunters are wandering around with rifles.  Had a hair appointment after work and then met friends for supper and to make porch pots using fresh greenery. I am pretty pleased with my porch pot and I am not into crafts. They like to tease me about my lack of crafting skills. The greenery should last until spring.

Lizzie, sorry your run was disappointing.  It probably feels strange to not be following your regular running routine. I type without thinking about it and think I use 2 spaces.  Guess I’m out of date.

CrazySue, congrats on a granddaughter!!  Sorry about work but good on getting 4 therapeutic miles in.

judy, nice run.   I rarely see deer when I am running but see lots when driving.  The deer sure enjoy the fruit trees in my yard.

Karen, flying sounds much better than driving to Florida. Can you change plans or is it too late?

Seloc, nice 3.  40s and 50s are my favorite running temps. Hope the tutor training is fun.

RTurtles, happy your foot is holding up.  The team trail run sounds like it might be fun. Is it not happening because of the time commitment or because of your foot?

Kats, nice miles.

Kilmisters, I know I couldn’t pass your employment test.  Ha.

Arimathea, sorry about Fitbit loss.  Maybe Santa will bring you a new one?

DHuffman, will insurance cover the lightening damage?  You are moving to the little house?

LCRuns, definitely a TM day.  Nice 3.

Marjorie, happy Quincy seems content and not in pain.  Some people never fail to amaze.

HC, nice 6.

Hi Damaris.

HH-Kathy

Docket_Rocket

And I just cancelled the minivan rental! Tomorrow I'm going to check on kennel availability over New Years, looks like we can fly into Tampa pretty cheap. That's about a 2-hour drive, but flights are about half the cost of flying into Ft. Myers. MIL will be there through March, so even if the kennel is booked already for New Years, we can go sometime in Jan/Feb.  I am so glad DH decided he didn't want to do that drive!

Damaris, you are funny. You know you can email me anytime. I think you probably are in about 57 minute shape. If you're holding that MP on those longer runs, you're faster than your recent races indicate. But I understand the hesitation - blowing up is not fun, and you are doing this race to see what you're capable of and for fun. Maybe start out the first mile or two closer to one hour pace and then pick up the pace. Try to finish closer to 55 minute pace - what is that, about 9 minute miles? So maybe start at 9:40 or so and then try to make it a progression run. Of course, this is do as I say, not as I do advice, since I tend to go out way too fast and blow up. Which is definitely not fun. Or fast.

Sandy, that sounds really cold. We are back into the 80s during the day, but a cold front is supposed to come through this weekend. Possibly highs in the 60s, woohoo! I caught up on This Is Us this afternoon. Kinda depressing.

Cathy,, I think the 24-hour relay sounds fun.

Kathryn, yay! Well if you and Lisa are both going to do the 50k, maybe I should....nope, I'm sticking with the 20 miler. I'll bring refreshments and my Kindle if I need to, 20 miles is far enough for me.

Elina, on behalf of the person coming in to interview, thank you for fixing the spreadsheet! That sounds like some kind of anxiety nightmare come true!

Diane, hope nothing else was wrecked with the lightning strike. And I'm glad it seems like you're going to figure out a way to make the Maine trip work.

Marjorie, good to see you here. The nerve of that woman!

Tessa, I am not at all surprised you are signing up for the race this weekend. Enjoy.

Margaret, you need to get and stay healthy. Got it?

HCK, I have to admit, Hudson is one plan I haven't tried/looked much at. I should get the book. I want to read the Daniels book too - I've read a lot about his way of training, but haven't read the book. I even have the book already..

Damn it, Karen, it's like you read my mind!  I was thinking of starting at 9:30ish and take it down after mile 1.  I don't know if I can hit 55 so call that Goal B I guess!

#itson

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hey Karen, Habanero Hundred registration is open...  20% off this week...  Wink wink, nudge nudge...  30K is ONLY $51.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024