Womens Running

Fantastic Friday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

runnergirl9508

RR2- 6.5 miles this morning. Felt good today. Some of the side streets don't even look like they were plowed after the storm on Weds, though. I think even the plow truck drivers are as sick of winter as the rest of us.

Ernie- hope your LR went well today! Bummer on having to cut the time short yesterday- it sounded like a fun program. I like your plans for tonight- enjoy the relaxation time!

Mer- have a good run later! Oh no- I hope that the dr apt for H goes well today, and he can give you some answers. Keep us updated if you can. Occasionally R will pick DH over me to read him his bedtime stories. At first I was kinda sad, but then I realized it meant I could go downstairs and relax for a bit longer before bed! I hope that you and your DH can get some time alone to chat this weekend. Any chance you guys could get out for a dinner date without the kids?

CA- nice job on getting the workout in before work! Hope your LR goes well tomorrow- how far are you going? Glad that M is enjoying school, even if she's keeping quiet about all the fun she's having Wink Aw, hope O is ok! Enjoy the pie and drinks today! R has several foods that he's eaten once and never touched again- like shrimp! He ate about 2 dozen at my IL's house one night, and I haven't been able to get him to eat them again. Lol.

E-rain- good luck this weekend!!! Do you have any specific goals for the half? Enjoy the swim time this morning.

Spike- jealous of your day off with DH! We have been talking about having a "date day" soon. I want to be able to lazily shop the stores without having to speed through b/c R is getting bored, or having to race around getting things on my list while DH entertains R. Not that R is horrible in the stores, he's 2.5 so I don't expect him to enjoy strolling the aisles while I look at stuff for an hr. Have a good workout tonight! I would have left to finish my errands. Not my kid, not my responsibility. We had a few people give us the stink eye when we said we weren't sharing R's name, and one lady told me that her DD told her the baby's name as soon as they found out the gender at the 20 u/s. Well, the u/s ended up being wrong, and their little girl was born a little boy. They had all of this monogramed stuff too.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I had to guard the TV so the curious 3 year old didn't break it while they were installing the bracket Sad  Running interference and protecting $700 TV> errands.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

rg - We were out last weekend so I would feel bad asking my ILs for another.  I need to just get over it all! Smile  I will keep you posted about H.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

e_rain - you are DM friends with my personal pacer for my spring marathon...Robin B.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

mer - I hope the puking is nothing serious and that you're able to have a good talk with DH this weekend. I love McDonald's coffee!

CA - Fun about the pie party, but having to be on mom duty after does kind of put a damper on it. I know, Friday long runs are the best! I need to start doing them more often. It's so nice to have it out of the way before the weekend, and when I LR on Friday, I let my DH sleep in on Saturday, so it's a win-win.

e-rain - Hope you had fun at the pool!

spike - I was wondering where you were yesterday. Playing hooky is fun! Also awesome when they put themselves to bed. One of my friends was talking about the costco executive membership recently. She said it's really worth it.

zorbs - I have not had a chance to practice euchre yet, so hopefully I don't embarrass  myself tomorrow, lol. That lunch sounds like it was good but, yes, the works would be better for a post-race meal for sure! I was thinking of how awesome the works would be after my run today, but I had to rush home so DH could go to work.

rg - I hear you on the unplowed streets! About half my route today was cleared and the other half was horrible. Yup, everyone has pretty much thrown in the towel on winter at this point.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

RR- treadmill run last night didn't pan out, only got in 3 mi

BR- Got in 10 min pool run with aqua class till lane opened, then swam 30 min, K got in 25 min of swim.  Still figuring out smoothest way to lift, get a swim in, get dressed enough to walk through building to child watch, get K, change him, get in the kiddie pool, then get both of us changed after. sounds simple enough, but alway end up thinking "next time doing xxxx will make this easier."

FR- Pasta or Pizza

Rg- no real time goals, ran my last half at 3 mo PP, so just want to be faster now at 8 mo PP.  I have never really trained for a half, they have always been during marathon training, and get roped into them because big groups of friends are doing them.  Water color sounded like it was fun!

Zorbs - Robin is my treadmill inspiration!

Mer - good luck with the double, that is quite the workout!  If your last half was run while 14 weeks preg you will probably crush this next half!

CA- good point about sleep being developmental.  just wondering if  food could help. Last night he went to bed at 10, woke up at 1:30 and downed a bottle like he was starving, and went back to sleep at 2:30. he woke up at 5, but went back to sleep on his own. If he could eat enough at bedtime that he wouldn't need to wake up and eat.. he did the same thing the night before.  If he doesn't down the whole bottle at once then he will snack on bottles during the night.  uhg..

Emie, have a good long run!

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2