Womens Running

Wondering Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. I'm wondering how you are all faring in this cold/weird weather.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I did 45 minutes of a different cardio dvd. The quads needed a lighter load. I have been working on making sure my knees were getting up more.

Today will be a similar workout. The excessive cold has been so draining on everyone around here. Getting around in this kind of cold has been wearing me out.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning, still cold....

4 TM miles - feel like I'm just 'phoning it in' with the workouts lately, just trying to get through each day and dreaming of spring lol

Yesterday on the way to work, I got pulled over in town, down the road from work.  I have never been stopped by the police in 30 years of driving ha ha.  Couldn't figure out what was going since I definitely wasn't speeding or driving recklessly.  Apparently, my license registration sticker had fallen off, so he pulled me over for expired plates.  Of course, I had the paper registration so no ticket, but had to go to the Secretary of State for a replacement.  One good thing about the frigid weather, there was no one there so it only took 2 minutes (and cost $5.00).  Nice way to start the day   Hoping this sticker stays on, I wanted to wait until the weather warmed up but don't want to take the chance of getting pulled over again.

Judy - I'm worn out and so sick of winter too.  Keep warm!!

SugarLand

I have caught the crude so taking it easy for the next few days - I did run Monday it was a slow 3 miles - weather has changed here should be in the 50's this afternoon

Karen & Damaris - Have a great time at Disney

Marjorie glad you had a great run

Everyone in the northeast please be careful

Tessa thoughts going your way

Good Morning!

Group Power class this morning.  The newbies are apparently scared of the cold....

Last night the running club had it's annual awards banquet.  It was fun to hang out with the running group.  Golden Corral---ick.  I had a salad.

The cold was fun for a minute or two, actually wore my winter coat and hat, but I am ready for it to start warming up.

Tessa, yes, I would love to have the extra flour sacks.  I have big plans for them--maybe this summer I can get to them!

Stay warm, please don't fall on the ice!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with a migraine, but now feeling a tad better.  Hoping for 7 recovery miles.

Judy, hope your area warms up soon.

LC Runs, what a nightmare!

SugarLand, feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Linda

Hi ladies:

Yes, it has been a while, but I'm running a little, finally.  My knee issues are not completely resolved.  I had a cyst removed which promptly came back.  I'm going to ignore it for a while.  I'm not running very much, but I am able to run some.

It is nice to check in.

LC and all of you dealing with cold weather:  God Bless You.  It must be so difficult facing those freezing temperatures every day.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, we are fine, it's not that cold.

Laura, I am wondering if your sticker was stolen. Mine has been before. If you've already stuck the sticker on, take a paring knife or box cutter and score it a couple of times in an "X" pattern so someone can't peel the sticker off and put it on their license plate. And I agree, it's not the cost that's so annoying, it's the trip to the DMV (think you call it the Secretary in MI) to get the replacement sticker. Triple A can sometimes help.

Susan, let me see if I have your address, and I'll send them when I finish washing all this fabric so I can send them all at once.

Ugh, Golden Corral. Who picked that repository of fine cuisine? I was so glad when our Hometown Buffet closed down.

Vicki, hope you feel better.

Karen, enjoy Disney, don't walk around too much (hah). Fireworks at Epcot!

Damaris, you must be looking forward to the race too.

Linda! Long time no see! Glad you are doing all right, sorry about the cyst.

The nurse came yesterday and measured DH and put him on the scale. His arm measurements are down, not a lot but continuing the downward trend (this measures musculature) and in a month he has gone from 126.4 to 120.8. I am more than a little ticked off that he weighs less than me, and also wondering what will happen. He is a walking skeleton. And a nasty, mean, belligerent one.

I didn't get up to run this morning, since RN wasn't running I didn't have to get out there, but about to leave for the gym.

Tessa--Yeah, Golden Corral--  But it is one of the few places that has a large (not large enough though)meeting room.  We used to go to O'Charley's, but it took FOREVER to have that many meals cooked, even if we used a limited menu.  So, the buffet was the practical answer.

Yeah, it is cheap crap, so I stuck to the soup (canned clam chowder) and salad bar (they can't mess that up too much, although there were three "bacon" salad dressings on the bar.  Blech).  Thankfully for my waistline the desserts were icky and I took one bite of two different things and threw them away.  But it was fun to hang with the running gang and enjoy a free meal.  The club paid for everyone's dinner, so I guess I can't complain too much for free!

Sorry about DH's declining health.  I know it has been very hard on you to juggle everything.

Starting to warm up here.  Supposed to stay above freezing for a while.  Yay.  I don't have a lot of heavy winter clothes--just don't wear them much here.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Aren't you all impressed all the rest days I'm taking?  I had to do training all day at a remote local center an hour away so I didn't run.

Tessa wow he has lost a lot more weight.

Laura sorry you got pulled over. I'd have been puzzled too!

Feel better sugarland!

Tessa again  I was going to say that with it being stollen. Dh had his whole plate taken before. At least he noticed  He had to have  the police report with him in case he got stopped. He was out if state so he stopped at the first dmv when he got back in state to get new plates.

Linda nice to see you.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Tessa - ohhh, good advice.  I hadn't thought about it being stolen, wouldn't surprise me though.  Yes, the DMV is Secretary of State here, pain in the butt usually though yesterday worked in my favor lol    That is scary skinny for a man, yikes!  Is his health at least stable now?  Sorry he's being a PITA.

Linda - so glad you are back here.  Sucks about the knee, I'm glad you're able to run at least a little bit. Hope it is better soon

Hi Marjorie, Sue, Sugarland, Damaris

Laura- I was just thinking it fell off in cold weather.

Tessa-lean and mean is not good

in his case.  Or yours. Hugs.

Sugarland-bummer on the knee. It's been exactly 6 months since my surgery and finally getting runs in without major issues.

Judy- cold is hard on all.  Good workouts for you tho.

Marjorie- good no workouts for you!  Proud of you for doing what 90% of population does normally. Nothing.

Went back to PT for shoe and gait help. Tried on tons of shoes. Tested them. Ghosts feel the best. Same shoe. Oh well. Had it confirmed again that I an a neutral shoe girl. Given great advice on form and cadence. Was comlimented by run coach. called me an athlete based on my ability to do exactly what he was asking of me within seconds. He said he's had others that take an hour to get it.   Now I just need to remember and do it.

Went to pilates class at Rec center. Trying to be balanced.

Lisa