Womens Running

YES! Its the WEEKEND! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

DH and I went up to Atlantic City Thursday and came back yesterday. Lots of walking there, didn't bother to bring running stuff. Lots of extroverting, especially Friday. Came home yesterday and took a long nap instead of running. Got in 9 this morning. Considering I waited til 9am to start, it wasn't as awful as it could have been.

Lizzie, if you can swing it, it sounds like the wedding planner would make your life easier.

Ginny, your training sounds great!

Turtles, congrats to DD.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Woke up with a headache that turned to a migraine before the first World Cup match started this morning.  Finally feeling less like I took a bat to the head, though.  I wonder if it's my neck from the accident that might need another adjustment.  I'll call my therapist or schedule a massage for Friday then.

I have 8 miles but I also have a concert tonight (Poison/Cheap Trick) so I might just blow off the run (sorry, Karen) if I cannot run by 3:30pm.  Right now I'm awaiting lunch and Richard is bringing me some gigantic triple meat sandwich that only us Latinos can make.  That should help.  And caffeine.

Elina, yes, I love England.  I wanted Spain to make it but Russia played better especially in the last half. Now watching people making goals in the first minute or two, sheesh.

Liz, since I wake up at 5am every day for work, I normally sleep until 9:30 or 10am on the weekend but the last two have been nopes.

HCK, Napping is good.

Margaret, awesome run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

We watched the first five (I think) episodes of season two of Goliath last night. DH kept saying one more, but at 11:15 I finally told him I was going to bed and if he watched another one he'd just have to watch it again tonight, so he stopped. I'd agree with not as good as season one, but it still is keeping us interested. Anyway, going to bed that late meant I could not get my butt out of bed again this morning. Up at 7, out the door to run before 8, but not much before. I managed 10, but it was miserable. Already over 80 at the start. I may be getting myself a treadmill for my birthday. I'd still run probably mostly outside, but it would be nice to be able to get some quality workouts in a couple times a week instead of just slow, hot, sweaty miles all the time. Air quality is also really bad right now because of the African dust cloud, so even if it wasn't a million degrees and really humid out, it probably wouldn't be smart to do a hard workout outside. Anyway, low mileage week for me, didn't even hit 30.

After I ran, eventually stopped sweating, and took a shower, I drove over and picked up my packet for my 5k on the 4th. After blowing off the last two short races I signed up for, I am not skipping this one!

I have a ton of stuff to get done but I really want a nap. Decisions, decisions.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Sorry about my absence, this weekend (and Friday) were even more packed than usual. July 1st is a really busy day for us because so many companies want their insurance to renew on 7/1 to coincide with the fiscal year. And another client had a big extra project going.

One day at work tomorrow, then WFH Tuesday because of anticipated traffic.

Cathy, that race -- yikes on the girls' drama. As long as DD is still enjoying herself!

Liz, if you can swing the $$ having a wedding planner sounds like a good idea.Good luck with the wedding contest!

Karen, think I might have blown off the race too.

Hot here but it will get much warmer next weekend. RN and I did 9.5 on Saturday morning then another 4 in the evening, I did 3.5 this morning. Two services and a kitten visit to coffee hour.

Now off to get everything ready for tomorrow. Pack breakfast, feed cats, scoop all litter boxes, lay out clothes...boring routine. Hope everyone is off on Wednesday -- except Elina, sorry, can't see why you would be observing American Independence Day.