Womens Running

I'm First? (Read 20 times)

Anonymous Guest

Yo! Is it Thursday? All my days are running together with DH on vacation for three weeks. I went out exploring during my run today. I drove over to where my group has been running to figure out where to add an extra mile to make 12 for Saturday. I wandered on to what I thought was just a little out and back off the trail we have been using, and it's a new trail that went about three miles. It was a nice run, would have been nicer if it wasn't so damp out (It's looked like rain for days, but has mostly just been sprinkling). Mid-40s, and I don't need it any colder than that.

Diane, ugh on the cold. Hope you feel better soon!

Ginny, good to see you. Good job getting your workout done with your trainer. Are you getting lots of snow? I saw Erie got several feet and I know you guys get lake effect snow sometimes.

Liz, nice job on the long run! Glad the parents meeting went well.

Elina, sounds like a great work plan - get done what's needed and head home! Oh, you asked the other day about my max weekly mileage - a few years ago I ran 86 miles. That's still my high, although I did do one 80 mile week this year and one or two other 70+ weeks. This is turning out to be my highest ever yearly mileage, will see if it helps next year.

Judy, the TM sounds like a good idea. I found myself complaining about the weather yesterday (another day of mid-40s and rainy) to my mom. She pointed out that at the time the temperature had gotten up to 8, which was an improvement of the -5 they had in the morning. I told her I would stop complaining.

Kathryn, yeah, I saw another cold front coming through for next week. Kinda glad we're going to my MIL's house in Florida for that. Hmm, never done homemade pasta as it seems like a lot of work. You can really tell a difference?

Damaris, dang, I've been slacking. Sorry about that - I need to pay more attention to what days you are actually running when I put together the schedule for the next week. I'm glad you're experienced enough to know when you need a day off...

Laura, nothing wrong with a lazy day - the organizing will still be there tomorrow. Nice TM run.....guess it's time to get used to that for you.

Tessa, yikes, early morning for you. I think a rest day is a good call.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill and strength training. Have to keep reminding myself it's Thursday. Already screwed up writing the date out since I glanced at a 2018 calendar.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yo! Is it Thursday? All my days are running together with DH on vacation for three weeks. I went out exploring during my run today. I drove over to where my group has been running to figure out where to add an extra mile to make 12 for Saturday. I wandered on to what I thought was just a little out and back off the trail we have been using, and it's a new trail that went about three miles. It was a nice run, would have been nicer if it wasn't so damp out (It's looked like rain for days, but has mostly just been sprinkling). Mid-40s, and I don't need it any colder than that.

Diane, ugh on the cold. Hope you feel better soon!

Ginny, good to see you. Good job getting your workout done with your trainer. Are you getting lots of snow? I saw Erie got several feet and I know you guys get lake effect snow sometimes.

Liz, nice job on the long run! Glad the parents meeting went well.

Elina, sounds like a great work plan - get done what's needed and head home! Oh, you asked the other day about my max weekly mileage - a few years ago I ran 86 miles. That's still my high, although I did do one 80 mile week this year and one or two other 70+ weeks. This is turning out to be my highest ever yearly mileage, will see if it helps next year.

Judy, the TM sounds like a good idea. I found myself complaining about the weather yesterday (another day of mid-40s and rainy) to my mom. She pointed out that at the time the temperature had gotten up to 8, which was an improvement of the -5 they had in the morning. I told her I would stop complaining.

Kathryn, yeah, I saw another cold front coming through for next week. Kinda glad we're going to my MIL's house in Florida for that. Hmm, never done homemade pasta as it seems like a lot of work. You can really tell a difference?

Damaris, dang, I've been slacking. Sorry about that - I need to pay more attention to what days you are actually running when I put together the schedule for the next week. I'm glad you're experienced enough to know when you need a day off...

Laura, nothing wrong with a lazy day - the organizing will still be there tomorrow. Nice TM run.....guess it's time to get used to that for you.

Tessa, yikes, early morning for you. I think a rest day is a good call.

Ha not your fault!  It was because I moved my rest day last week due to something I don't remember!  I have done 10 days before so I didn't think to mention it!

Damaris

Howdy!  Chilly here too--high 30s to low 40s. It was raining this morning, so I waited till afternoon for 4 miles. Did the first mile with Skye.  I need to run her more.  She was not ready to stop, and wanted to go back out.

Karen--I'm trying to get my Strava account going.  Last night I realized I had opened two accounts, one on each email.  ;( I'm also trying to get my Garmin synced.  Ugh.

DS2 took Deuce to a friend's shop yesterday--Deucely got too close to the space heater and singed the whiskers on one side of his snout.  They are fried and curly!  SO FUNNY!!

Today we drove over to Mobile (40 minutes east).  A friend I have not seen in 27 years was there visiting her son. We had a great time catching up, although it really does not seem like we missed a beat.  Smile