Womens Running

Warm and Cozy WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Laura, so you can do follow ups but no intake? Sounds like the teams that still have both will be very busy with initial exams.

Kat, re the glasses, can they do monovision for glasses like they do with contacts? I have one eye corrected for distance and one for close up work.

Liz, exactly. When you have been drinking, not only does that increase your calorie intake, but it lowers your judgment so you are more likely to make bad food choices. That's when the meat lover's pizza or the animal style burger with extra fries or the hot dog and onion rings sound really good.

Elina, hope when DH has as hangover run it is only the glass of water he needs to keep within reach and not the wastebasket as well...

and glad your boss had your back on this project!

6.07 on the TM, mostly slow with 1 minute of every 5 at a  faster pace. Resolutioners are out in force. And I had my first fall of the year -- walking into the locker room after the workout and tripped over a toolbox that was there because two guys were working on the towel box outside the locker room. Down I went. I now have a massive bruise and gouge on my right elbow.  So much for forearm planks until this heals!

LC Runs

Tessa - great TM run but OUCH on the fall!!  You're right, the nurses at work will have more to do, I have one from my office going with me next week and I'm also checking with RN's from our other offices.  Bleh!

Anonymous Guest

Post and run again for me pretty much. I ran 10 this afternoon once the rain passed through. Since I only brought shorts and short sleeves to run in, I was okay with either the rain or the high winds, but not both.

Rest day today, walking the dogs later and DD and I are getting haircuts.  Did my 5 miles outside yesterday, it was 10 degrees but 15+ mph winds, so a feels like -11.  I don't think I have ever been that cold.  Running into the wind was literally painful.  Karen's name may have been taken in vain.    I'm doing the Strava challenge she told us about on FB, I have to do 25 miles outside in the next couple weeks.  5 times outside, 5 miles each?  Easy peasy?    Hopefully this will be the coldest one!  My foot still hurts after I run but is OK during the run.

Even if it's not very far, count the dog walks on your Strava - they will add up. If you don't want to bother with your Garmin, just carry your phone on the walk, open the Strava app before you start and hit record. That's free mileage towards your total goal.

Hanging in there, just one more day then we fly out Friday morning. DH's uncle is actually pretty entertaining, so it hasn't been bad at all. I think tomorrow we're actually going to do something besides sit around with the TV on, so that should be fun.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

7.2 miles today after work.  Was hoping for rain but nope (we need it!).  Maybe later tonight.  Can't believe how cold it's been for many of you!  I know it's always coldER for you than for me, but it seems like it's ESPECIALLY cold now with the cold bomb cyclone polar vortex or whatever it's called.  But perhaps still better than the s---storm in Kilmister's office?

Kilmisters, hopefully, for your colleagues'  sake, they keep sharp objects and flammable things away from you this week until the s---storm subsides.  On the positive side, it's nice that your boss understands you.  

Karen, I think I finally managed to accept your request on Strava.  Can you see my workouts now?

Tessa, very true about alcohol intake correlating with unhealthy food intake.  Yikes on the fall!  One don't expect such tripping hazards inside.

LC, what a pain with the work staffing situation.  Hope you get good news soon on the hiring front.

Lizzie, so did you decide to do the LR on Thursday?  Icy stuff scares me.  I'd fall for sure.  And get a treadmill pronto!

CrazySue, very cute that Skye has a sweater.  I don't understand that cold stuff either.

Judy, sounds like you are working out inside now, with the cold conditions?

Seloc, you are just a young 'un.     Laughing at the idea of a "smear of peanut butter" on anything since I'm more of an "open the jar and dig in with a spoon" kind of person.

Ginny, great to see that you're still killing your workouts with the trainer.  I don't wear headphones so no advice.

Damaris, DON'T GET SICK ON RACE WEEK!  Laughing at your hubs mixing up .25 and 25 miles.

Kat, I'm sorry to hear the kitty isn't doing well.  Sounds like you've been doing everything you can for her.

Turtles, yes, we can blame Karen for any and all bad runs until January 15 when the Strava challenge ends!  Your run makes me think of this:

I just heard rain on the roof, yay for precipitation!  A little unclear whether there will be rain for my race on Saturday.  As much as I like rain, there's a lot of slippery stuff (esp hundreds of steps) on the race course so it could make things... interesting.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR