Womens Running

Sugar Cookie TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles, first run in a while that didn't suck. It was at least 20 degrees cooler than it's been. Not cool by any stretch, but I didn't start sweating as soon as I walked out the door.

Happy Birthday Karen!

Lizzie, no flooding where I am. The only flooding in the Baltimore area is near the Ravens' stadium from a water main break. It created absolutel gridlock this morning due to the closed roads. Luckily I live and work north of downtown.

Seloc, sucks that the group doesn't have anyone at your pace. That's always been one of the reasons I avoid the various group runs, that plus the 7am start.

Happy Birthday Karen!! I fully expect 52 miles from you today Missy!

Lizzie-sugar cookies! Yum! although i prefer mine with chunks of chocolate in them. LOL Super speedy there!

Damaris-sleeping like shit is my normal sleep. LOL I joke that I sleep like a baby! (up every hour on the hour and never all the way through the night)

Sue-nice job getting your steamy miles in! I don't imagine that The Great Scorpion or Screaming Monkey races are anywhere near you? Or of interest to you. LOL Would be fun to finally meet you though. No travel arrangements made yet for either. I tossed out the concept of going to NoLo before the race and Abhay liked it but that is far off and i've gotten used to him liking everything but not always meaning he completely was listening. LOL

Sandy-LOL about the comment about never having one of those fellas in your life. I don't think you knew me too well pre-divorce or you would know that I had NEVER expected to date or find any guy I was interested in. Not even an interest in the concept.. just wanted to be on my own. Things sometimes have a way of happening. Sorry about work crushing your soul. And the group run not being any fun. I pretty much always run by myself. Trail sisters have been nice to meet others and go slow with. But I do like my solo runs also.

Kat-good of you to volunteer! Glad work dinner didn't suck! LOL Hope your training is going well... the eating different foods while moving training. And I think I have the Kettlebell thing figured out... I bet they involve super crunchy chips!

Judy-bummer on your toe! hope the doc can give you an answer that involves a workable solution!

Laura-nice miles!! Work does get in the way of many fun things.

Karen-LOL on your bday gift to yourself. But it's your birthday... you can run if you want to or not! That humidity is turning you into my kind of runner... one who takes walk breaks! Maybe it's good to think of the perceived effort in those conditions bringing you to the pace to be at during Brazos. Science of Ultra had a good podcast on "is it possible to go to slow" at the start of a 100 miler. One interesting quote that I liked (no surprise) was how the amount you slowed down at the end of an ultra when you started too slow was WAY less significant than the amount you slowed down at the end of an ultra when you started too fast. Power hike vs death march. 20-25 minute miles vs 60+ minute miles. Okay that wasn't the actual quote but something like that.

Cathy-that all sounds like a fabulous day!

Sunday ended up being hill workout with 2 fast trail sisters who slowed down... but did so on a run with something like 600 feet of gain in 7.5 miles. did Vinyasa class yesterday. Ran just a few miles this morning. Will take it shorter on mid-week miles this week since I plan on doing 2 20-milers on Saturday. I still feel like I can't push the weekly overall mileage like some of you can without knee issues. So focusing on frequency over length mid week. I'm thinking following weekend will hopefully work weatherwise for a bit longer on back to backs. The weather has been the main killer. I seriously sweat so much; it's good for keeping core temp down but with even moderate effort I can't seem to take in enough fluids. End up going HOURS without having to pee. I do make sure it's fluids with electrolytes and take S-caps on the hottest of runs too.

Lisa

OMG, on the train and laughing at Lisa’s kettlebell comment.

Not running today, getting home too late.  Kettlebells will have to do (crunch crunch, sorry about the crumbs!). 

Kat, yay for volunteering!  I just signed up to help at a race on Sat.  Building up some race credit.

Cut back week... TRT 50 is just around the corner!

Posting and dashing.  What else is new.  Good night, all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, I am afraid to ask what shape the cookies are going to be in. You can get cookie cutters in any shape (and I do mean ANY shape) online.

Happy birthday Karen! Wow, 2 years since Missoula?

Sandy, go to the run group if you want, run your pace, and either cut the loop shorter or turn back a bit sooner if it's an out and back. You don't have to run their pace!

Susan, estate planning is a sensible thing to do. Your kids will thank you for it.

Cathy, Tattooist of Auschwitz is in my LFL, if you want to drop by, though it's rather a long way to go for a book. I bought it in Heathrow and finished it before we landed in LA.

Managed 2.2 yesterday morning, 2.25 at lunch, and 2.8 this morning. No lunch today. Tomorrow is going to be busy too, I'm out at a client's all day, and my iPhone is refusing to load work emails. Not good.