Womens Running

Wednesyay WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 15 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Now say that 10x in a row Smile

Jealous of all of you who are celebrating your Friday today! I will be back at work on Friday.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I lifted last night and I'm so sore.  I have 9 with 2 X 2 @ HMP if my ass stops hurting.

Oh, and:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.2 for me.

Tough run but I made it - even though I wanted to quit after the first mile. 73 degrees with dewpoint at 71...phew. I am WIPED. Need to really try extra hard to stay hydrated today. Rest day tomorrow and I get to sleep IN!! I am going to take a Body Pump class but since it is a holiday, the gym pushes classes to later in the morning. Body Pump is at 8:30 instead of 5:45! WOOT!

Hope today and the rest of the week is slow Smile Finally updated our wedding website yesterday. Nothing special but had to put hotel and registry stuff on there. Need to look into getting bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts. Also want to write my mom and dad a note - you know, thanking them for raising me. Haha Wink So many things to do!

Docket – I am hoping I never ever BP issues! It sounds like a nightmare. Nice workout yesterday!

Run4kupcakes – Nice job on the run yesterday. Aw, at least DH was looking out for you! 😊

Happy WednesYAY!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH. There will be change soon!!! Smile Smile

Morning!  I lifted last night and I'm so sore.  I have 9 with 2 X 2 @ HMP if my ass stops hurting.

Oh, and:

Alarm fail. I forgot to set it.  I woke up at 0430 and thought,"Oh good...10 more minutes" and then it was 0530.  Oh well.

Damaris---OMG!!  That is a serious heat index.  When are you moving???

Lizzie--Yay on the run.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

We won't know until the background check is done, which can take 1-3 months if not more.  We've had 108-110 for weeks before, so in theory, 112 won't feel too different, but waaahhh.

I just hope I don't get to move in the Winter; Fall is when I want it to happen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

5 easy miles.  Not quite as humid but, still plenty sweaty.  Off work tomorrow but no sleeping in – need to be across town to volunteer at a race.  Gonna be a steamy one!  Work Friday.

Cathy – in my rush yesterday, I missed you!  Congrats to you and Mr. Math, too, on the step challenge.  Similar weather pattern here with potential storms daily.  The weather guy this morning called it the “Miami pattern”.  I had to laugh since I’m pretty sure Damaris would call our 87*/70* temp/dewpoint “winter” LOL

Karen – oh, you complain all you want about the steamy weather!  I just wanted to make sure nobody thought that I was complaining since it wouldn’t be fair for me to complain about winter AND summer haha.  Nice steamy miles yesterday!  Camp Gladiator sounds like SO much fun. That’s totally up my alley.  I checked, though, and they aren’t around here.  On a similar note, I am also not in Blue Bell territory LOL  Thanks for the book recs!  I put Girls With Sharp Sticks on my list.  Turns out I have already requested The Mother-in-Law but am 105 on the waiting list.

Carol – glad you are feeling good after Grandma’s!  Awww sounds like a fun week with the DGKs.  You are an awesome GM!  My mom was always super active with the GKs and they just loooooooved her.

Lori – yeah, I’m not a huge fan of humidity for running.  Because I sweat soooooo much.  Just sitting around it really doesn’t bother me, though.  I think my body needs it when so many other months of the year it’s cold and dry.  I enjoyed Big Little Lies!  Have you watched it on Netflix?  I think I saw they have another season out, too.

Liz – I do not have any “friends” doing the marathon training class but I do know some people just from other years.  Many of the usuals are back as well as a handful of young newbies.  Tomorrow I’m volunteering at a race, need to check in on a friend’s kit kat and will try to get in a run.  But, it’s going to be steamy and I won’t be home until about noon so not sure how that will go.

Damaris – WHEW that’s hot!  That is SO EXCITING about your move!  Have you started looking at homes?

Have a safe and happy 4th!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Virtual Friday!!  Sorry for those that have to work on Friday.    5.5 miles this morning with 10x200m intervals at a goal pace of 7:15 min/mi.  It was kind of fun, I suppose.  At least that's what I kept telling myself.    I felt like I was all over the place with the pace.  About 69 at 5 AM with 66 dewpoint, so warm enough.  I even wore a hat, which I normally don't do unless I expect an abnormal amount of sweat.    My bestie became a gramma yesterday, that was awesome.  The baby was due July 4th, so nice of her to be punctual and avoid the 4th of July festivities.  

Damaris, that heat doesn't seem so extreme compared to what you are used to. 

Liz, nice miles this morning!  Nice that you get to sleep in!  I will also, though I suppose I don't want to get out there too late or it will be hot!  We are supposed to get a little bit of a reprieve this weekend, high in the 70's.  That will be nice for my "normal" long run.    Can we book the hotel now?     I normally do a stop-by of the Canada Day party.  Younger DD didn't want to go, older DD went so that she could hang out with their cats!  DH was there until 4 AM!

Sandy, nice of you to get up in the wee hours to volunteer!    It was pretty humid here yesterday.  I also prefer this to the cold.  I don't mind working up a sweat.    I am number 30 for The Mother-In-Law.  Better than the Michelle Obama book, I am 142!  I should get Tattooist of Auschwitz soon, it was shipped!  I'm sure that if I go to the library today I will get the text almost immediately upon leaving that the book is there.    Everyone is relieved that the step challenge is done.  

Lori, among other things, they have poutine, Canadian bacon, and tarts at the Canada Day party.  Is Canadian bacon actually Canadian?    The guy that throws the party was born in Canada, though I think he moved when he was fairly young.  I had to google tourtiere.  It sounds good!  

Carol, the marathon training is going OK.  My legs are tired!    Lower mileage and faster runs is hard!  My last 3 long runs had some faster elements, threshold miles, goal pace, strides at the end.  This week is "just" a long run, I am looking forward to it!  Camping recovery sounds like fun!

Karen, nice 9!  And nice job on securing the big prize.    Maybe next time DD wants to stop running I should just say that I am running without her and she will take off.  

Kat, congrats on reading a book!    That sounds interesting.  I will put that on my list.

Happy 4th!

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

I am beat. I got to the park early (for me) this morning and ran 5 miles before Camp Gladiator. It was nice because it was shaded but not so nice since the temps were in the upper 70s, and so was the dew point. At 7:30. I was a sweaty mess for the workout at 8:30, but got it done. She split us into two groups, and one group would run a lap while the other did specific weight workouts, then we'd switch. So nothing got super hard but we were always moving and doing something. It was fun. By the end my phone said it was 86 degrees with a dew point of 78. The girl next to me looked at me and said "is that sweat or did you dump water on yourself?" It was sweat. Nobody else was sweating nearly as much - I blamed the run beforehand, but I'm not sure if that made me more or less weird in her eyes.

Came home, let the dogs out, started some laundry, then took a shower. I got suddenly starving and a little light headed in the shower! Eating a donut when I was done was probably not the best way to fix that problem, but it worked. I did weigh myself this morning before doing anything and I'm down a couple pounds and almost to the low end of my normal weight and/or high end of race weight. I thought I might have lost during vacation, since even though I didn't run a lot, we were pretty active and cooking most meals in the van I wasn't eating as much.

I know HCK doesn't like the latest version of Mizuno Waveriders, does anyone else here still like them? I just got a pair on sale from Running Warehouse - I guess the 23 is coming. They were $85, so with discount I got them for $72. Might need to get another pair.

Carol, I bet you are such a fun grandma!

Liz, the wedding website looks great! Nice run for you again this morning. I want to do my long run tomorrow, but the weather is just going to be awful. I guess I need to just suck it up and do it, since we've got at least three more months of crap weather.

Damaris, of course the move will probably happen right when winter weather comes!

Sandy, I think you would like CG. Today was better as there was less high fiving going on. Monday after everything it was "give your partner a high 5" or "high five the person on your left! and your right!" As Liz pointed out, imagine my thoughts on this. It's like in church when they tell you to "greet" your neighbors and I swear everyone turns away from me and I'm just standing there. These things are the precursors to my hugging issues! But I digress. I liked the Tattooist of Auschwitz. It seems like sometimes I end up reading a bunch of WWII books around the same time and it gets a little depressing though.

Cathy, those are some fast intervals! At least with 200s though they are over quickly. But you have had a lot of tough runs lately. Awww, congrats to your bestie!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Yay for Wednesyay 

4.5 this morning, I had some extra time because my DD had a follow up doc appointment so I took a couple of hours off this morning, loved it!

Just working in the office this morning and I use the term 'working' lightly, I definitely do not have much work Mojo today!

Heading to our camper sometime tomorrow so I am going to try and brave the grocery store tonight, ugh.  I think if I go in the evening it might not be too bad **crossing fingers**

Lizzie - nice run, especially in that heat and humidity!  I can't believe your wedding date is coming up so quickly!  Boo on having to go in to work on Friday.

Damaris - OMG that is miserable!   Hope the move comes sooner rather than later!

Sue - you must have needed the extra sleep!

Sandy - I agree, I am not complaining about the weather, I do enough of that November through April (or longer) LOL!!

Cathy -nice 5.5!  Congrats to your friend's grandbaby!  How did we go from having our own kids to being grandparents?  I have a few friends my age that have grandkids and I can't wrap my head around it - I need to embrace my oldness ha ha!!

Karen - the Gladiator class sounds like a lot of fun (you know what I mean by 'fun' ha ha).  I have run in Waveriders and really liked them but haven't had a pair in a couple of years.

Okay guess I best get back to it, have a great holiday, Everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

How did we go from having our own kids to being grandparents?  I have a few friends my age that have grandkids and I can't wrap my head around it - I need to embrace my oldness ha ha!!

My brother's wife has a grandkid the same age as her kid with my brother (10), and two or three more. She is my age. She had kids early (my brother is her second marriage), as did at least one of her kids. That's hard to wrap my head around!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Sandy – Nice miles this morning. Awesome that you are volunteering at the race. Just peaked at your weather, it does look steamy! I have bene watching the second season of Big Little Lies! I freaking love that show. Its pretty good! Have fun tomorrow and good luck getting that run in.

Susan – Opps! I woke up at 3:50 this morning and thought I had to get up and was MAD. Nope, got another 45 minutes 😊

Cathy – Wow, nice run this morning! That does not sound fun 😉 I looked at your run this morning, you crushed the paces. They were all pretty consistent! Aw, congrats to your bestie! I was thinking the same thing for Friday – have to get up extra early because I don’t want that sun shining on me! OMG on DH!!! I did a face palm when I read that. I hope things are going okay in that department!

Karen – Holy sweat fest. Running + basically a boot camp workout..I bet you are exhausted. Sounds to me like you need Blue Bell. Awesome on the weight loss! I still wear the Wave riders and don’t have an issue with them.. The only issue I notice lately is that my feet get hot in them. But you know, it has been humidity hell out there – not sure if I can blame the shoes. I should have worn them in Toledo. I am going to have to checkout that sale Just get up super early tomorrow to get it done before the sun is blazing hot. I think my goal time to get up on Friday is 3:30am…yeah, I know. I am crazy. I am laughing out loud at your church comment. LOL. That always happens to me when the group has to pick partners! I never get picked and then I have to be paired with the teacher! OMG..childhood memories are flooding back. In all honesty, this has happened to me many times as an adult. LOL.

Laura – Nice run this morning! I am with you on the working lightly! I am really only doing things I have to do today..I went to the grocery at lunch today and it wasn’t too bad. Good luck! Have fun this weekend!

HCF made plans with his parents for us tomorrow. Sigh. Very hard for me to handle long periods of time with them so I am going to drive separate Smile Sometimes we are there from 12pm-10pm. NO. I will leave around 7. Anyway, I made this fruit cheesecake salad today to bring over there. Disappointed with how it turned out. Its basically cheesecake pudding with a bunch of fruit.  Not sure how I messed that up...

Hope everyone has a good afternoon!

LC Runs

Karen - Wow that is weird about your SIL having a kid and grandkid the same age, there are a few ladies around here in the same situation.  I still feel like I'm 30 something...

Lizzie - driving separate sounds like a good plan, I prefer having on 'out', too.  BF and I are going to a wedding next weekend for some people he works with and I'm kind of dreading it, I only know one other couple and we only see them like once a year.  I'd like to drive separate but don't think BF will go for it LOL