Womens Running

TACO Thursdays!!! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Sandy, oh, no.  Was that diagnosed via an MRI?  If a tear, I think surgery is not needed but if it break, surgery is needed and fast so that you don't lose the function of the hamstring (one of the girls in the Chicago Marathon forum had a rupture or tear and needed surgery).  Hoping they give you options for a swift recovery.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I don't know how to call the knife/file, but it is more like one of those box openers that are commercial in nature?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, you could make chicken tacos...  Glad the run was a bit better.  6am, mighty early!!!  Hope the meeting with Mammel goes/went well.  You three will have such a fun time.  Quite jealous.

Damaris, ouch!  At least it didn't bother you on your run.

Judy, glad you had such a nice run yesterday!

Diane, nice you are able to do some doubles to get your miles in.

Sue, glad Jake is hanging in there.  So tough to know when is the right time.  NINE THOUSAND CARS?  Wow.  Such a nice pic of the two of you.

Sandy, knowing is always better than guessing.  Sorry you are injured, but glad it is workable.  Take awesome care of those two lovely ladies.  I know you will, and will have a fabulous time.

Cathy, 50* is crazy talk, especially with a feels like 30...

Ginny, great job on the workouts and run.

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the wedding dress photos, how stinking fun.

I got a short and sweet 4 miles in this morning.  A bit slow, but I was out there.  I had to cut it short because I was going into the new place to set up hours for the next 2 months and didn't have time for more.

18 straight days of working currently, but who can complain when 4 days out of 7 are 2 hour shifts....  November and December are going to be very full - almost every day, but someone needs to replace part of a fence and save a few more bucks for her trips.

Not much else to add, so I'll quit here.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Very close to submitting my notice today!

Docket – I wanted a direct flight – it was either that early or later tonight. The one later was $75 more! Oh NO on the quad!! At least it isn’t impacting your running! LOL at the name change at your work!! WOW. In case I don’t get back on for a few days – GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!! Smile

Judy – I noticed a tree trying to turn red in our neighborhood. Fall is coming! Have a great run today.

Diane – Yes, I could have paid the extra to pick my seat. I know that for next time! Its more about comfort in knowing that you have a seat. You know how those airlines like to give away seats! Oooo chicken tacos sound good. I am craving all the things I guess. Now I want some French toast. Mammel, trying to be a better boss? HA. I think he is trying to be nosey and really doesn’t know what we do all day. Kinda like how he gets on my conference calls to eavesdrop. Nice job keeping up the miles. Hang in there, almost the weekend!

Susan – WTF. This name change is a real pain in the ass!! I am dreading it now! Haha. No, I am sure the government is worse. Aw, I hope Jake has a good weekend, too. You looked beautiful on your wedding day!!

Sandy – GREAT news from the doctor. It is not silly going. Always better to be safe than sorry. And if you didn’t go – it would have been something worse. But now you know. Okay, three things about this volunteering. First, really freakin awesome that you are doing that!! Second, WTF MATH?! REALLY?! Man, foreign language to me. And this “new math” good lord, I can’t have kids because I wouldn’t be able to help them! Three, mortician and taxidermy?! LOL. You need to talk to my father. He used to teach medical students with cadavers. He said he would eat his lunch while his other arm was elbow deep in a dead person. Yeah. Hang in there with work!! Almost a three day weekend!  I keep hearing you say guests and it makes me laugh out loud. Not Davis Tire laugh. I haven’t laughed THAT hard in a while! Okay now I am laughing picturing you - arms clutched the wheel and Karen just looking straight ahead and not making eye contact. LOL!!! Oh man we are going to have such a good time this weekend!

Cathy – Holy temperature change!!! That is a huge difference! Ugh, hate you for it though. Smile Nice run this morning. At least the intervals were short  Smile Let us know if speedy co-worker decides to run on Sunday. I can’t believe he hasn’t made up his mind yet. A little rain won’t hurt him  Smile You are going to have some great people watching during that 5 hours  Smile You are really nervous about the 10K?? You are going to do so great!!!

Ginny – Wow, nice workout today! We are having unusually warm weather as well. They said no cool down until the 15th! UGH. This better mean a LONG winter!  Smile I would say that you do doubles all the time. Running + strength - I consider that a double  Smile What are you up to this weekend!?

Kathryn – Oh man, that is a lot of working. But you are raking in the dough young lady!!  Smile Nice 4 miles today!

Talk with you ladies later! May not be back until Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Lizzie - Karen was trying to be all loosy goosy relaxed in case we crashed LOLOLOLOLOL And, yes, now I am almost Davis Tire laughing out loud in my cube hahahahaha.  See you in T-18 hours!!!!

Docket_Rocket

Liz, you too!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Safe travels to all of you! Liz, I fly Southwest whenever possible for a reason. Actually several reasons. Easy schedule changes, no assigned seats, and no checked bag fees are big on the list.

Damaris, how in the world...? Can you stick a big bandaid on it so at least you don't have a gaping wound in your thigh?

Susan, glad jake is hanging in there. So hard to know what to do.

No run today, but we are doing a walk this afternoon "strides against cystic fibrosis". It is a 5K and they reckon 2 hours to complete it. Really. Seriously! How slow can people walk?

If I get home on time I may run. All but one of my Thursday night students cancelled so we decided not to have class tonight and to double up next week.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

TAcos!!!!!! YUMMY!   I know what I hope to order after tonight's group run. Ok. Technically just a run with my one friend because I cannot keep up with anybody but her and she is going tonight otherwise it would be solo. I hope for 5 miles. We are meeting at 530 so I am guessing it will be closer to 6pm because she is ALWAYS late which ticks me off to no end which is why I don't TRY to schedule runs with her but she asked me to join her so I won't say no.

Liz....are you racing Chicago or another marathon?

Damaris....WTF were you thinking handling a knife this close to race day. You KNOW that you are accident prone so have hubby wrap you in bubble wrap

Judy....yay for the great run yesterday

Diane....I too find myself often questioning why I am so frugal with the weirdest things as I am at a time in my life when while I should still be financially careful I shouldn't always be penny pinching especially important things. Anyway, congrats on the double runs.

CrazySue....it is so hard to know sometimes what our furbabies need. We love them so much. Hugs for you and Jake. Allso, that dress is stunning

Seloc...Yay for beautiful weather but boo for possible hamstring tear.

Turtles...it is so hard to know what to wear at this time of year. Today I wore shorts to work because it was warm at 6am but by 3pm it was BRRRR

HCK....I loved the Elvis wedding photo

Ginny....yup on the weather (we have the same). Such a weird time of year for weather

Kats...yikes on working so many days in a row. But ya. We have to pay the bills.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Tessa, it took me 2 hours to walk 1.5 miles last week. Then again it was entirely up a mountain. lol. I suspect that the time limit is to accomodate those who are suffering from CF?

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

6 yucky hot miles for me this morning, then running errand doing errands ever since. I am tired. Looking forward to "Davis Tire laughing" fun, sleeping and awesome weather this weekend. I checked in this morning - got an aisle seat three rows behind the exit row - I'll take that, and the $17 I didn't spend on picking a seat. I don't know why I'm so cheap lately when it comes to things like this - I always pay for early boarding on SW, for example, and if it doesn't cost too much, we will occasionally upgrade to first class on flights, but this flight and the United Basic Economy I took last month are almost like challenges to me at this point. I am weird, I know. And Liz and Sandy are going to laugh their butts off at me as I get off the plane all layered up.

So Huckles likes to eat mulch and leaves and grass and sticks. I try to keep him out of the landscaping at least, but he's stubborn. This morning Huck was pooping and then started whining and kinda crab walking/hobbling. It looked like he still had poop coming out and couldn't get it out. So I came inside and got a paper towel and pulled it off his butt and it was a piece of stick. Yes, he had a stick up his butt. I haven't yet added him to the pet insurance but I think I need to. I see some sort of stomach problems/operations in his future if he doesn't get over his love of eating outdoor things. I remember Riley was the same way....I can't remember how long it took for him to get over it though. And now since the puppy is doing it, he's started doing it again too. Sigh.

Hi to all - I need to go finish laundry and stuff.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Well I went tonight. Friend texted saying she was going to be late (of course) so I ran 2 solo then 3 with her. Then I ate shrimp tacos .

During the dinner another friend made a comment I'm sure he meant as a compliment. He said that he channeled me today during his run.  He said that because i run slow and don't get injured he ran slower today instead of walking and that got him through his running. Well he meant that as a compliment I'm sure. The thing is that I'm not slow on purpose and I fully subscribe to walk breaks to get me further so it did make me a tad sad. But I do have to remember that he does keep getting injured since I'm sure it's because he doesn't utilize walk breaks and always tries to run the longer distances too fast. And I'm fairly certain that if push comes to shove I can finish a longer distance before he does.  Anyway sometimes I get bothered by being so slow. Blah blah blah. So after my followup appointment in 2 weeks regarding my heart issues I'm going to register for something epic.

Lori

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Had chicken tacos for dinner. Jealous of those of you with fall weather. It was 90 this afternoon.

Docket, ouch on the cut. Hope it doesn't give you problems for Chicago.

CrazySue, I can't believe your work's response about the name change!