Womens Running

Treadmill Thursday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Stay safe.. enjoy the warmth if you have some.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, good workouts! Oh, what DVD do you use for weights?

I had a good 45 minutes running on the TM before going out for my chicken tortilla soup. It was great. PF is still better.
      Today is TM again and then cocoon in my apartment. It's around 3° right now.
      Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Treadmill Thursday indeed!

Ginny - Cocooning in your apartment sounds like a good idea in this weather.

Went to weight training class yesterday.  The instructor does such a great job of incorporating stretching along with the weights.  Ahhhh....felt great.  Today I must run, and it will be on the DM....way too cold, AND we are getting a few inches of new snow.

Hi to all!

Carol

camille2

It'll be mostly a rest day for me, but I'll walk in place during a news program tonight.  I'm at my mom's and it's 10 here.  In my "mountain" community, it's zero with -10 win chills, colder than Anchorage.  The nice thing about Georgia is that it is short term.  It'll be 40's in a couple days.

tessa, I'm glad your son likes his class.  Did you know you can sign up for alerts that tell you when the space station is visible from your area? It's "Spot the Station." He might like trying.

stay warm, everyone

ginnyb

Minus temps here this morning.  I didn't even venture out to go to the gym and I didn't want to undress to put on exercise togs, so no exercise for me this morning!  I am feeling guilty about it though, so I don't think I will slip into my slump again.

Judy....I use a DVD called ripped and chiseled by Jari Love...I like them, I have a couple of different ones.  She uses light weights and lots of reps, sometimes I use heavier weights though with less reps.  I also have no delusion that I will become "ripped and chiseled"  if I haven't by this age, don't think it's gonna happen, LOL!

Good morning Lisa, Carol and Camille.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Brr!!  It was 21F this morning, cold for us southerners!  Spin class at the gym.  Knee tweak is better today.  Taking yesterday off helped, I think.

Y'all stay warm and be safe!

Anonymous Guest

Horrible commute here. Apparently these single digit temps cause the train rails to crack, which causes lots and lots of delays. The train I was on had some problem, we sat for a half hour, then offloaded onto an already crowded platform at the next station to get on the next already crowded train. My one hour commute took two, one of the people that normally gets in at 9 still isn't here. Two more months, two more months.

I told the new boss yesterday I was moving in March. She said she was glad I told her, but didn't immediately agree with the telecommuting thing. I think once she talks to old boss tomorrow, and the Board, she'll be more willing to go for it. I probably didn't sell it or myself well because I wasn't feeling well. Plus there's a part of me that doesn't really want the telecommuting thing to work out so I can quit working. Is that bad?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  At Lisa's request, it's 65F here today (cold front) with the low 70s later.  I am happy.  4-5 miles after work, then dinner with my dad and his GF, who are here for a visit.

Judy, TM and cocoon away.

Carol, sound like a great workout.

Camille, enjoy the rest.

Ginny, sometimes, rest is good.

Sue, glad to hear the knee is better.

Karen, hope it works out.

Question, ladies.  For the past 10 years I've had grey hairs but I would normally cover them with the hair dye and they would be gone for a while.  But, especially lately, by Week 2 of the dye, the grey hairs would be out again and now they are not nice grey hairs but tough.  any recommendations on hair products or treatments to treat grey hairs?  I need to dye my hair but that only covers them for like two weeks or so.  Ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2.  Good run but colder than I'd ever want because of the wind.  Yuck.  Had to come back and get my fleece headband.  My ears were okay but i needed it around my neck so I  could keep neck and chin warm.

I am making my grandmother chilli.  It is in the crock pot now.

Tessa/Karen at least it is looking great for the race.  Highs are listed as 60 for race day.  I'd guess upper 40's and 50s for most of the race.

Lisa they close because it is cold.  Most people have a winter coat but not the thickest ones and, well, people just aren't used to cold.  So they don't want people to get frostbit

Carol no snow here but there were some flurries west of here last night.  No accumulation but people got excited.  Nothing in Charleston

No advise on the Grey's D.  I am lucky as I have a lot but am not completely grey yet.  I can do a dye every 8 to 12 weeks and be good still.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

It's more than they are dry and brittle rather than the color.  They are just different than the other hair and standing on end most of the time.  Ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, my hairdresser told me that the hair texture change was normal. Grey hair tends to be coarser and more wiry than pigmented hair. My dark hair was baby fine and straight so the change is something I had to get used to.

I can't offer any advice, sorry, except cut it short which may not be your preferred option.

Cold indeed for most of the country!

Karen, hope you do get permission to telecommute if you do want to.

Lisa, that's cold!

Judy, think you will need to go a long way south/west to find warmth.

Marjorie, thanks for the update on the weather! At least there is no precipitation forecast. Hartford it rained the entire time.

Camille, did not know that about the space station.

Susan/crazysue, bet you're glad you're not doing MS Blues this year, it looks to be another cold year for the race.

4 this morning, 6.85 at lunch. Weight is going down. I am getting tired of salad. (I don't really LIKE salads...)

Oh, and planning a forum encounter/convention this summer. Who might be interested in Leading Ladies?

http://www.leadingladiesmarathon.com/index.html

Closest airport is Rapid City. Long drive from the Twin Cities but doable, not quite so long from Billings or Denver. I am taking DD back to school as part of this, if anyone wants to fly into Salt Lake City the week before, rent a car, and caravan up through the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone she is welcome to! Also recommend staying in the Spearfish area for a few days. Mt. Rushmore, Wind Caves National Park, the Mikkelson Trail, Deadwood/Lead, Jewel Cave National Monument are all close by. Worth seeing! And if you are looking to add South Dakota to your state list, this seems to be a good race.

Damaris-I have to color my roots every 3 weeks, the last week is fairly bad but I push it to 3.  Curly hair helps hide the roots.  Straight with a part does not. Bangs help cover hairline. Gray hairs are prone to breakage also.  thank you for the warm temps... we hit 6 and 5 today as well as 7 and 0.  Just none of them were with the other. And never got above -13 for windchill factors.  Getting snow tonight.

Tessa-sorry but no leading ladies for me.. North Country is right around there.

Marjorie-Stay warm!

Karen-my coworker in Chicago said that they were setting fire to the rail tracks there.  I thought she was nuts but I guess that beats them cracking.

Sue-hope the knee tweak improves.

Ginny-you made me smile at your comment on being ripped and chiseled.  or not.  I have ripped seams and chiseled dimples in my cellulite.

Camille-enjoy your walk.

Carol-nice workout!

Judy-soup sounds great!

Did 4.25 on dreadmill this morning.  Knee bugging me now.  Trails are really my only friend.  I get so bored on tm that I end up doing ladders and I think the speed part is not good.  I also did incline ladders with slower speed but ugh.. hate treadmills.

Lisa

Oh, and planning a forum encounter/convention this summer. Who might be interested in Leading Ladies?

http://www.leadingladiesmarathon.com/index.html

Closest airport is Rapid City. Long drive from the Twin Cities but doable, not quite so long from Billings or Denver. I am taking DD back to school as part of this, if anyone wants to fly into Salt Lake City the week before, rent a car, and caravan up through the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone she is welcome to! Also recommend staying in the Spearfish area for a few days. Mt. Rushmore, Wind Caves National Park, the Mikkelson Trail, Deadwood/Lead, Jewel Cave National Monument are all close by. Worth seeing! And if you are looking to add South Dakota to your state list, this seems to be a good race.

Hello all!  Stay warm out there.  And please send some of that precipitation out West?  Thanks!

Tessa, I'm already signed up for Santa Rosa at the end of August so the date for Leading Ladies doesn't work out unfortunately.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR