Womens Running

MOPEY MONDAY DIVAS (Read 19 times)

OJewel

Post!

OJewel

I will try not to be mopey today!

RR- had my 20 miler yesterday. I got up early, drove to the race and picked up my packet. It was 40 degrees! Brrrr. Thankfully they gave out gloves with the race logo, a nice touch. I ran 6 miles at a slower than easy pace, then I wanted to shoot to run the half with an overall pace of 9:20-9:30, which is/was my goal marathon pace. I ended up with an avg pace of 9:36, so close. Then I did a mile cool down to hit 20. It was a nice way to break it up! Ill probably try for a pace closer to 9:30 at the marathon which should still give me a PR. Taper time, thankfully! Rest today.

NRR- work work work. Very busy. I'm in ny all week which is nice.

Congrats Lucy and congrats to Athena!!!

have a great day!

POrun

Happy Monday!!!

RR: Had a good 9 mile run Saturday. Threw in a 5K race at mile 4, then finished with a 2 mile up the causeway and back. I dropped another 47 seconds off my 5K time, and am down to 25:11. Next race hopefully I can be low 24. Yesterday had a not so great workout thanks to hitting a drywall screw in my bike tire and it took out a huge chunk of the tire, so I had to go buy another new tire. I somehow get very unlucky when I hit things on my bike! Swam 1900yds this morning and will be running an easy 6 tonight after work.

NRR: Had a good weekend, but as always, it went way too fast! The next several weekends will be very busy thanks to school...

OJ: Great job on the 20 miles yesterday! Enjoy your taper time!

Have a great day ladies!

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

RR: did 3 miles this morning on the TM. it was 47 degrees outside!! Enjoying the new Treadmill. M is getting more use out of it than I am, as I prefer outdoors running no matter what. but I wasn't ready for cold temps. hence, TM today.

NRR: grrrr. AF and weight gain. sigh. so watching what I eat and also realizing it might all be water, but trying to be cautious.  worked both days on the weekend, so really counting the days towards a day off on friday. not sure what I'll do yet that day, but probably tons of yard work. Ive missed doing it and its sorely needed. Also lots of napping and tv watching that day and into the weekend.... can you tell I can't wait??

OJ: that is a great way of doing the 20 miler! way to almost hit your pace desired!

po: boo about the busted tire! hope it didn't take too long to fix up! How have you been feeling?

back later!

melrunner

Morning ladies.

Congrats Lucy and Athena. Lucy I can't wait to hear alit about and see photos!!!

Jewel I told DH the temp for your race. We are roasting and baking here in the 90s! Great job!

Lizo not fun having to work on the weekend so I hope you enjoy this weekend ahead.

PO great job on your 5k. Sorry about the tire!!!

TriR ran 14 on Saturday and rode 67 miles yesterday as we had a recovery mileage on the bike. Missed my swim    Due to heavy downpours Hopi hope it clears up and I can swim tonight.

NtriR well I am sending out my goodbye email today to al my colleagues. I already receivEd my official letter so these are my last 2 weeks. Bummed as its really my ego that feels low but oh well.

Have a good day girls.

MA runner girl

Hi ladies!

RR: Going to try a couple miles tomorrow.

NRR: Had a fantastic weekend! Friday night we went to our good friend's wedding. It was a blast and a good night out just DH and I. Saturday we packed up the car and headed to VT for the rest of the weekend for Lucy's wedding! It was so much fun, a gorgeous venue and wedding. C did awesome, and barely made any sound during the ceremony, and was happy during the reception - except when it got too loud when the DJ was announcing everything and then the dancing started! Sunday we headed home, but took our time and enjoyed the beautiful drive. We stopped for breakfast, took a break at a beautiful resevoir for some pics, and then stopped at an apple orchard to get some apples and fresh cider. Mmmm. Today I'm working for a bit, while MIL watches C. Then C and I are going grocery shopping - hopefully the rain stops though. Grocery shopping in the rain with a baby is not fun at all!

Better get to work! Waves to all!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. Yoga tonight. Ran both days of the weekend, and had my long yoga class (2.5 hours) on Saturday and weights on Sunday. Consequently, my quads are dying by the time I was finished with everything yesterday. Also worked on my training schedule for that race. Having things mapped out THAT far in advance is a little overwhelming.

NRR: I slept in big time today.. almost 11 hours! Going into the office for a few hours, but not much is happening there. Traveling for work this W - F.

Jewel - Your pace at the half doesn't sound that far off to me. Looks like you're ready to go for your marathon - enjoy your taper!

PO - Way to go on the 5K! Sorry about the tire.

Lizo - Hmm when are we going to get that cool weather here?  Fingers crossed your deadline is met without any hangups!

Mel - Hugs about the job situation. Keep your head up.

MA - Glad you had a great time this weekend with the weddings! The orchard sounds awesome.. I will have to look into that around here.

L e e l a

RR - A great day for running! 2 miles w/u while waiting for my speedy friend. Then 4 miles with her (and her DS in the stroller!). I pushed my usual pace a bit to keep up with her former elite easy pace but felt really good all in all. I am glad we were able to run together this morning since it's been a while! I finished up the workout with 4 hill pick-ups Track work starts this week, and my second 20 miler of this training cycle - I'm excited!

RR2 - So I'm already on the hunt for a possible spring marathon.  I'd like something flat/fast. Any suggestions?

NRR - It's a busy week starting off with a board meeting for B's school tonight.  I was just elected to the Board of Trustees and was tapped to chair the development committee.  It'll keep me busy and is a good way to find some intellectual stimulation to break up the domesticity.