Womens Running

Work Is Looming Monday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Wink

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

All week I have tried to get back to my routine and every day I've done something different. Today I am trying the regular routine. Tight lips

Friday was grocery shopping but then 60 minutes of cardio DVD at home.

Saturday I slept a total of 12 hours. Ahhhhh! SDO

Sunday Buddy and I did an hour out on the trail. It was cold and there was a lot of fog rising off the river. I kept getting drops of water on my eyelashes. At least we were not running in the dark this time. By afternoon I went on a woodsy trail run for 30 minutes. A hiking friend was with me. It’s actually easier to run up the hills than to walk up them. Weird.

Back to the regular track run, then cardio at home today. I need to sneak an errand in somehow.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Judy-regular is over-rated. LOL

Took advantage of the time change and easily got up for a good gym workout this morning. I have PT later today to so will be a "double" for me.

Congrats to the racers this weekend!

Lisa

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for 7 miles this morning. I could feel a slight hot spot in my left shin, but otherwise they seem to be cooperating. DH is out of town for the entire week, so fingers crossed that I'm still sane by Friday!

Where is everyone?

Judy - I ran in fog on Saturday, so I know what you mean about droplets on your eyelashes!

Lisa - Nice job on the workout. I will be at the gym tomorrow.

Laura - happy birthday!

Damaris and Gatsby - can't wait to hear about NYC.

Off to get some things done before I have to head to Battle of the Books practice - I am coaching DS1's team. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Happy (?) Monday everyone. Heading home from NYC today.  Went for a nice walk along the Hudson River this morning to get the kinks out of the legs and now we're at the airport.  Have a tough week of work ahead so must make myself get something done on the plane.

Judy, your trail runs sound lovely.

Lisa, very cute pics of the grand baby on FB.   What's the latest on the knee?

Marjorie, sorry to hear the hip is still painful.  Can't remember, have you gotten a doctor to look at it?

Karen, you earned that hot chocolate yesterday... You know there are easier ways to get some?  haha.

Tessa, you hanging in there in the home front?

I know I'm forgetting lots of stuff from this weekend... Thanks for all of the good wishes for NYC. Oh, sending good weather vibes for the upcoming wedding!  And also for Thunder Road. I might be doing that race in 2015 (yes I like to plan ahead) with another group of online running friends.

MTA hi Cindy!  Cross posted. Marathon went well, finished in 4:26. Posted some pics on FB this am.  Glad your shins are still cooperating.

Hi to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Judy - Your trail sounds very nice!

Lisa - Wow on the double today!!!

Cindy - Good news that your shin is cooperating!  Could be a crazy week for you :0

Gatsbybird - Forgive me but I can't remember if you have run alot of marathons....certainly sounds like it...Hope you have an enjoyable trip home...and you get some work done!

Have had an errand/cleaning day today. Am looking at the beautiful fall colors and 50 ish degree weather, and thinking I need to go for a run...tomorrow work, another dress fitting with DD, and so the week goes......

Carol

Anonymous Guest

I feel so freaking behind in everything! I may slow down my 50 states goal a bit, because being gone makes me so behind now that I'm working again. Taking a rest day today so I can do 4 loads of laundry, clean, and pack since I have to go to Chicago tomorrow for work. My boss I think is pretty happy with me, and therefore keeps giving me more and more work and responsibility, which is good but exhausting. She had said she was going to bring me onboard slowly, but we've got a lot to get done so she's ended up just kind of throwing me into a lot of stuff.

I got home last night a little before 11 to a sick DH. Poor guy has a terrible cold. So I ran a marathon to knock down my immune system, got on a bus to Chicago, rode public transportation all around Chicago, ran some more then got on two planes, finally to get home to a bunch of sick germs. If I stay healthy through this I will be so relieved!

Thanks for the congrats on Indy Monumental. It was a fun race and I felt really good the whole time. And yes, I realize that last fall my goal (and I didn't know if I could do it) was under 3:55, and now just one year later it's kind of routine. It's kind of hard to believe, but it's been a heck of a fun ride!!

Sunday's 15K I decided to just start and run with my sister at her pace. It was a little frustrating at times, but was mostly fun. She has been dealing with ITBS issues on and off for over a year, I think. She foam rolls every night, does IT band stretches after every run, tried taking a couple weeks off and building back up, and she still has problems. Marjorie (or anyone who has dealt with it), any ideas to help her get past it??

Gatsby, loved your pics on FB. You guys looked like you had a blast.

Dryer just stopped, have to switch out laundry and fold clothes. I'll be back for more personals if I don't get too distracted.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Work loomed! At work all day and had some tough things to do.

MM and I did SCM in 6:15 yesterday. We went out a bit too fast, then she faded. But she is so thrilled to have finished it!

runlikeagirl18

Karen - my chiro suggested strengthening my glutes to combat ITB issues. And I forgot to say congrats on your race!

Tessa - how cool for your MM, and what a great thing you did getting her through it.

I survived Day 1 sans DH. Off to bed-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2