Snowy Monday (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Snow! Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It's snowing here. At times like this I am glad to have the track.

Cardio worked best for me during the weekend. There was lots to do and the short segments fit in nicely.

Track run today with cardio when I get home. I'm trying to work on my waistline. Since the genes gave me short and stubby it will be an uphill battle. 

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Somehow I don't picture "short and stubby" & you together!  Good luck on your waist work Smile

Snow here and I think think it is here to stay Sad  

SRD, meeting a DF for early dinner Smile

Happy Monday to all!

Carol

camille2

It's a very windy and rainy Monday here. It's still dark, but it sounds bad out there and I think I may have small branches down on the deck.  I'm far behind on personals. I didn't run Sat but ran on the way home from my mom's yesterday-about 5.5 on the nice, flat greenway.

Judy, gyms are great for days like this.  I haven't rejoined here, but need to.

Cindy, it's is such a shame about the break-in.  It didn't allow much time to celebrate conquering the distance. I'm impressed to hear that you had nearly even splits!

Gatsby, how did the nephew's race go?

Carol, I'm really glad you are enjoying the job!

Susan, I hope you DD is OK.  That's a hard age to lose friends.

Karen, I'll bet you are feeling swamped with so much on your plate.  I'm glad you got a good run in.

Lisa, I didn't know you were planning a 50k!  Pretty exciting.

Shadow, is your lab pretty mellow or fairly hyper?  We had a hyper one  who settled down at about 8 yr old.  I still miss her.

Marjorie, nice miles as usual.

Laura, I hope you had a great weekend.

Susan, nice miles!

Demaris, I'm glad you found out the cause of your asthma flares.  My allergy problems started when I worked in a moldy (including Stachy) office about 12 years ago. One gal developed new asthma and the ones with asthma were having a terrible time.  The hospital had to do major work to stop the water issues.

Good morning!  I'm so tired... but off to work I go.  Hopefully, will get a walk in later so I don't break my streak! 

Judy, short and stubby definitely doesn't seem to describe you.  Ok, maybe you're short - but stubby, no!

Carol, Enjoy the SRD and dinner!  Snow is supposed to arrive here also.  NOOOOO!!

Camille, hopefully its a warm rain (probably not, but there's hope).  Glad you got a run in on Sunday.

Off to work... its going to be a cold one this am... off to the wastewater treatment plant - tour is mainly outside.  Have a great day all!

Susan

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Snow?  Our high is 85F today!

So, since I fell, scraped, and bloodied my knee, I am thinking of moving my Pilates class to Friday and just to heavy weights.  The knee is OK but tight, so the extra rest will help.

Judy, work that waistline!

Carol, enjoy the dinner!

Camille, that sucks.  Actually, I think this building has mold and asbestos (they said they cleaned it).  My asthma started after I started working here.  I have always believed this building is sick.

Susan, water treatment plant?  Very exciting!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Snowing all morning. Very wet snow and not too much accumulation, but snow is snow.  4 miles on the TM this morning.  Problem is that I don't feel real great until after 2 or 3 miles these days and by then I am so bored I can hardly continue.  Oh well I did I it.

Cindy...congratulations but so sorry about the break in.

Lisa....I need to find a trail

Sorry I haven't been writing much, I don't enjoy it on my kindle, laptop still messes up.

Ginny

a

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!  Had a cold run Saturday morning--6 miles at around 32F.  Don't laugh!  That is cold for us!  Sunday was better -- in the 50s did 8.5 miles.

Yay Cindy!! Congrats on the marathon finish!!  Sorry about the break in.  Sucks!  People can be such creeps!!

Speaking of creeps--Thursday morning (0500) my running buddy was ahead of the others and a guy followed her on his bike and told her how he wanted to sexually assault her!  Friday night there was a rape at the same area.  Sunday morning I stopped at my usual gas station for a 0600 potty break before our group run.  I heard these guys talking loudly in the front of the store and it really made me nervous.  RB drove past and saw the creepy guy get on his bike and ride off!  While I was on the potty he may have been in there!!  She's calling the police to advise them to review the security tape for a pic of the guy.  She did talk to a policeman after she was harassed but declined to file charges.

Scary!  tomorrow it is going to be below freezing so I am running the treadmill @ the gym, but I think I will carry my taser now.

Damaris--I hope the removal of the moldy book cases gives your asthma some relief.  Our old laboratory used to always make me ill.  I know it was bc of all the mold in the a/c system.

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Again, I didn't make it on here over the weekend. Friday was a rest day and I was glad as we had quite a bit of snow. It was really nice to sit in front of a fire and relax. Saturday my running buddy and I got out for 5.3 slippery miles in snow and ice. I had forgotten what a workout running in snow is. But we had a good run and didn't go horizontal. I tried out some new shoes. Inov-8 Roclite 243. Really like them because they're light and flexible with some good traction. It was about 10f to start and 17f at the finish. Yesterday was core/abs and a leg workout. This morning I did upper body weights and will run after work (probably 4 miles).

Hello to anyone I forgot with personals.

Carol - Glad the festival of trees was fun. Also glad you had a good 8 miler in the snow. Hope you enjoy dinner tonight.

Karen - good workouts over the weekend.

Damaris - glad you found out the culprit was the bookcase. Hope you stay feeling well. Ouch on the fall. Hope you aren’t too banged up.

Susan - good workouts and lots of birthdays for you! Sorry for DD with the loss of her friend.

Marjorie - good runs as usual, especially in inclement weather. We lose sleep from time to time from our bunkmate too.

Lisa - great job on your 29.6 miles! I would have found a way to sneak in .4

Gatsby - good workouts over the weekend. Good for your DH for running the HM with your nephew.

Cindy - CONGRATS! Great job on the Marathon!

LC - good job on the weekend runs.

Judy - good workouts. Best wishes for battling genetics!

Camille - nice job on the run yesterday.

Ginny - good job on getting through the TM run.

Sue - great job on the running over the weekend. Hope they get the creepy guys!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day today

found the button yesterday. So shorts, t shirt and skirt all fixed.

Lisa sounds like you need some eccentric quad work. Standing on a step and slowly touching other foot to step below.   Repeat. You could use an exercise band. Band around ankle raise leg in air while laying down. Hold band so it resists you in lowering leg.

No!! no snow here. Really warm today. We are in for big storms today. Then super cold again tomorrow.

Sue  that is scary!

Shadow Quincy has behaved the last two nights. He wanted to force me over but I said no and he wasn't insistent so I know he wasn't sensing some need to actually be overly protective these last two nights

Marjorie

ginnyb

I am finding it easier and easier to let the days slide by and not run or exercise.  Have to get myself into a better mindset.  We are all so busy, I know, but it seems like I never have time to do what I want to do.  Working full time, and have decided that financially I just cannot afford to retire just yet as planned, trying to cook meals, do housework, feeling very overwhelmed and I don't have nearly as much to do as most of you on here!  I have no children at home, you would think that my time would be my own.  By the time I get home at night, I am beat!  Mostly mental, my job is not physically challenging at all, but mentally.......  Guess I am just feeling down.  Sorry, I don't want to be a whiner, but that is exactly what I am doing.  Hopefully, this is just the change of season thing....I always do go into a slump this time of year, but I don't want to do that this year, but I can't seem to motivate myself!

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, I suspect it is the change of season, hope you are feeling better soon.

Yay Cindy! Nice work. Sorry about the breakin and the theft of your friend's purse.

Susan, that is scary. I think carrying a taser is a good idea.

Lisa, Gatorade froze? Brr. This is unusual for November, isn't it?

Marjorie, wonder what was making Quincy so protective?

Not a great running weekend. 7.5 on Saturday, 2.5 on Sunday. Busy weekend. I did manage 3.6 this morning and that will be all for the day.

Looking forward already to the Thanksgiving break!

Tessa-it is currently 25 degrees.  If I do get out for run in the morning (as planned) it will be 18 with a feels like 2 in the morning.  Gatorade does indeed freeze.  I wear backpack or Amphipod belt under jacket to keep it from happening.  No handhelds for a while!  Been snowing all day but dusty stuff that isn't accumulating more than an inch or so just making it look really, really cold.

Ginny-sounds like you need a workout challenge.  Want to join my Miles Game Refugees game?  We post individual miles and then the team with most miles wins.  No minimum miles but keeps you feeling like you're running them for a purpose.

Damaris-you. are. killing. me.

Marjorie-eccentric quads sound bout right for me.  seems like those would work hamstrings more than quads but they did tell me I needed to strengthen my hammies.

Did lower body workout this morning at gym.

Lisa

ginnyb

Sure Lisa, I will join your miles game...

info below.  I'm on Corredores-whatever that is.  once you create an account they assign you.  i'll send a message to put you on our team.  fyi-there is no "prize" that I know of.

Sure Lisa, I will join your miles game...

Rules of the Game
                                1- Teams will be comprised of 20 players (eventually)
                                2- Weekly prize to highest mileage team and highest mileage runner.
                                3- Overall "session" right now will continue until most teams reach 18 runners, then will start official 12-13 week games.
                                4- Runners who fail to post for three consecutive weeks will be dropped from the game. ...
                                5- Running miles count. Walking miles count only if they are part of a run, whether scheduled walk breaks or unscheduled. Miles from simply going out for a walk do not count.
                                6- Captains may post for team members *if the team member reports their mileage to the captain*. Captains may not post for team members simply to keep them from getting dropped if the team member has not reported mileage to the captain.
                                7- Runners may go on IR if they are injured and expect to remain injured for at least three weeks or if "life happens" and they expect to be overcome by events for at least three weeks. Runners who remain on IR for greater than six months without contact with their captain will be dropped from the game.
                                8- Mileage posts are due by Wednesday at 9pm (2100) Central time. That converts to 0200 Greenwich Mean Time/Zulu time March - end of October and 0300 GMT/Zulu between November and March. If I don't run the totals until Thursday, that is bonus time.
                                9- Posts will occur at http://www.huenix.com/milesgame/postmiles.php
                                10- New members wishing to join will create an account there USING THEIR REAL FIRST NAME as the first part of their user name. The second part of the user name can either be real last name or a descriptor. New members MUST POST MILES in order for the software to place you on the available list. No logged miles = no team.
                                11- Most importantly, have fun!!!

More instructions for you - "Have her create an account & log miles for this week . . . after she logs miles then I can assign her to the Correodores. Please ask her to make her first name on her huenix account her actual name so that I can identify her. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns."

Lisa