Womens Running

Chocolate Cupcake THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

63 minute "out and back" run this morning with a goal 9:06 pace.  Under 30 degrees and frosty!  But it was not windy so it was relatively pleasant.    DD was awesome in her cross country race last night!  I viewed her from about the halfway point in the race and she was fifth.  All the top girls paced themselves really well.  One girl passed her but DD beat her in the sprint at the end to keep fifth place and earn a trophy.  She was very pleased with her trophy.    There were a lot of girls running, more than I expected.  DD was the first girl for her school.  She was wearing my old Garmin but she forgot to stop it at the end of the race.  It was a 1.25 mile race, she ran the first mile in 7:19 and her sprint at the end was a little over a 4 minute mile.

Lizzie, enjoy the rest day and the cool weather!  Yes, that is a weird fear.  Because you are going to look awesome on your wedding day!    Aww, try not to worry about your dad.  It's tough, I know.  No, DD does not like most vegetables!  She likes caesar salad.  And avocados.  Haha, the running vest is one of my favorite pieces of running wear.  Enjoy the long run!

Hi Laura!  Glad you are hanging in there.    I hope you hear something about that position!

Karen, DD had an Uncrustables phase.    The Starbucks drink sounds good about now.  I have been getting an iced mocha from the gas station when I can.    The shirt looks really cool!

Damaris, enjoy the rest and Pilates!  Nice running yesterday!

Judy, I haven't tried the new knit shoes but a lot of the shoes I have are very "meshy" and ventilated.  I wear Merino Wool socks in the winter and my feet are generally warm.  The only thing that gets cold (and this is in sub zero temps) are the bottoms of my feet!

Sandy, congrats on the awesome 20!  20 miles is always awesome.    Sorry that it wasn't painless, but that is great that you could get it done.  Yeah, it sounds like you figured out which half I am running.    The Madison Half.  Haha, I know my limitations, so that's why I signed up for the half at GC.    Sometimes I think it would have been cool to do the full there, but then I get realistic.     You want a beer now?    I don't usually drink a lot but we went out to dinner last night to celebrate DD's race (she brought her trophy along and put it on the table) and I had an awesome blackberry margarita.    I think it helped my run this morning.  

Diane, I hope you don't catch a cold!  Do you take zinc when you feel a cold coming on?  That seems to help.  Wow, only 50 days until the 50 miler!

Kat, haha, happy Turdsday to you.    Maybe that dream is trying to tell you something.    Your Target trip sounds about right.

Kupcakes, DD said something about Babe and she couldn't eat pork or it would be like eating Babe's mom.  

Lisa, I am familiar with Bob the painter.  

Cathy

ginnyb

Something is screwed up with my back again!  This time upper back, it is somewhat better today, but earlier this week and the weekend I was having spasms if I turned my head a certain way.  I'm tired of not feeling right.  Haven't run, haven't worked out....blech!!!!!!

Liz your dad couldn't be pregnant could he????  I'm not making light of the situation, but that's the first thing that popped in my head when I read your post.  Try not to worry too much, I hope all is well.

50 days until Brazos?  Can I go from 0 to 13.1 in 50 days???

Ginny

Sorry work.................

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy day over here. Not work wise – haha. My mom finally juggled things around with the Marriott successfully and we have Hawaii!!! WOOT WOOT! I can’t book flights yet, but at least we have hotels! Smile

Oh, and keep those fingers and toes crossed because I have a possible job lead. FINALLY. We will see. I don’t want to jinx anything.

Long run tomorrow isn't really what I would consider "long"..but its the longest since the race Wink

Laura – So good to hear from you!! Nice job keeping up with those workouts. Sorry about the job situation. Could you apply to another organization? Sandy is right, that sounds like a lot of travel! We have been buying the mega millions tickets, too!! Good idea about the PB&J sandwiches! I will do that until I can get to the store and get the Uncrustables Smile

Susan – I didn’t realize the race was that close! Carpet cleaning during business hours? We have to schedule ours for overnight. That’s weird. Good news about Jake!! Crazy that one week you are wondering if its “time” and the next he is back to his old self.

Karen – I will try the Uncrustables. Considering I keep my snacks in my bra, they will defrost quickly LOL. LOVE the shirts!! Oh yes, you have to stay on top of vendors I have noticed. That’s what she said??

Docket – You? A rest day? OMG on your mom!! I would have been so angry!

Judy – Hmm..I haven’t really noticed a different with the knit. I DO agree that they get wet faster. Havent noticed my feet getting cold. I wear thicker running socks when it gets cold. What kind of socks are you wearing? Good luck on the run and the volunteering.

Sandy – WOOOHOOOOO!!! Nice job girl!! What time did you get up this morning? Yay! So happy that it went well - considering  Smile You will get through Richmond Marathon no problem. I have faith. Maybe go to the chiro the day before you leave haha. Are you tapering now? I am surprised you didn’t WFH. Just have to get through the rest of the day and you can have a beer  Smile AND you don’t have to worry about it for the rest of the weekend.

Diane – Nice 5 last night. I hope you aren’t coming down with a cold! Are you following a training plan for Brazos?

Kathryn – Oh, are Ironman’s hard? Wink Doesn’t that happen to everyone who goes to Target?! I am guilty of that too. HCF’s mom shares info about her GI stuff too. Its….interesting. See, if my dad was sharing that, it would be normal. We talk about that sorta stuff at the dinner table.  Smile

Cathy – WOW!! DD must get those fasty genes from you  SmileCongrats to her!!! LOL at her bringing the trophy to dinner  Smile Shes cute. Nice run for you this morning. Speedy. Aw, thanks for the compliment. I hope so – hopefully the makeup people can make that happen. LOL. Does the running vest really keep you “that” warm? Warmer than a running jacket? You really don’t think you would be marathon ready by April? Uhm, I would have to disagree with you. Are you worried about the PF?

Ginny – OH no!!! Have you tried a massage or anything?? I am sorry Sad I asked my dad if he was expecting. LOL. Hope you start to feel better!

I have a call at 3 and then heading home! I could go for a nap. Have a great afternoon everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

No chocolate cupcakes for me.  Hubby and I are trying to break our chocolate addiction. For real. I have been chocolate free since Monday. Sigh

5 beautiful miles today.

Happy birthday to Run4kupcakes

Liz.... when is the wedding? Hair stylist gifting sounds perfect. Also,  Your dad sounds very strong and I am sure he will be around for quite awhile. Good luck on tomorrow's 20.

LC.... hope the job situation goes your way. But lotteries always seem like a good back up plan. Lol

Sue...yay for sleeping in. It's always a special treat.

Karen... I've yet to be able to nail down fuel for long runs. I'm glad you're able to figure it out. I'm told when running 100to eat eat eat. That one can't eat enough. Also the shirts are really nice.

Damaris.... have fun at pilates.

Judy.... your trail runs always sound beautiful and adventurous. I've yet to see the knit shoes so unable to offer opinion.

Seloc.... congrats on what sounds to me like a very confidence inspiring 20 in what was chilly but probably very refreshing temperatures.

Diane .... I'm sure you will beat that estimation time. I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure it's due to all the stress you've been under lately.

Kats.... are you sure you weren't at Costco instead? Lol. So easy to spend money at either locations  I'm with you on the iron man dream. I can't swim and hate biking. I stink at running. I don't need to stink at 2 other disciplines.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Page 2 shoutouts. Because I'm on my phone. Lol

Turtles....I despise running in wind. Rain is ok. Wind is disgusting. Congratulations to your daughter at her race.

Ginny. .. that sucks. I hope your back feels better soon.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Seloc

You guys it is BEAUUUUUUUUUUUTIFUL outside!  I want to go out and enjoy it!

Lizzie - dude, I forgot to comment earlier - you will NOT look old, ya goof.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  I want to slap you LOL.  Did you see the finisher jacket for Richmond?  Looks pretty cool!  Do you normally buy?  I might!  Well, if I finish...  Sahweet on getting lodging procured for Hawaii!  3am wakeup this morning.  Wasn't too bad.  Though I did fall asleep on the couch watching Survivor which ended at 8pm haha.  And please don't hate me but I AM WFH.  Normally I can't on Thursdays because we have a team meeting but since bossman is out, no meeting.    Plus, I already know sleepy wasn't going in because there's an event going on near the office that is making parking a nightmare today.  I guess I'm tapering?  Really I've been tapering the last 5 weeks haha.  So, in reality, I'm going ramp up from where I was.  Non-traditional "training" I'm calling it.  Cathy is being smart about running the half at GC because of winter.  She's smart   Oh yeah, and on the vest - it keeps your core warm allowing some air on your arms.  IDK I like it a LOT LOL.  I also will use it to layer under a jacket when it's really cold.  But you probably would never need to do that.

Ginny - noooooooooooo about the back!  Hope it fixes itself stat.  You have a race to train for!  Dude, you've got this regardless.  Years of experience!

Cathy - that is so super cute of DD bringing her trophy to the restaurant.  LOL  I just look at her and smile and don't even know her personality yet.  Freakin speedster!  Holy cow that's fast.  The high school team is going to start recruiting her!  Hey, did you see the latest info from the National Weather Service?  Which is similar to the Farmer's Almanac?  Well, in MN at least, warmer than average!  WOOT!  Here's hoping training for GC doesn't derail due to weather.  Oh, and blackberry marg DEFINITELY helped your run.  

Kat - Target will do that to ya!  And I hate HATE when I forget the thing I went to!  Sometimes I'm such a dolt, I miss it even when it's on my list.  I swear stores just make me frazzled.  Funny about the dream but you could do one, ya know.  But, that's if you wanted to.  I, personally, have zero desire.  LOL  Awww you'll have to post pics of the pretty pups.  It's never too early for a beer 

Sue - oh that is SUCH good news about Jake!  Man, it's soooo hard being a pet owner - soooo hard to know when to be humane.  Hoping he continues to do well!  Have fun at the beach tonight!

Diane - wow, that's a lot of animals in the tiny house.  That's awesome the barn has heat for the cats.  Sounds like your fitness has really improved!  Congrats!

HCK - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Lori - nice beautiful miles!

These last hours are killing me!  Beer is calling my name and so is the patio.  Have a good evening, peeps!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, sort of.  I downloaded one and have made it fit into whatever was going on.  What I don't like about almost all of them are the week day "runs" of 10 to 12 miles.  That's 3 hours for me on the TM so starting after work at 530  puts me at 830 and I have to go to bed NLT 10 or I'm tired.  I'm actually getting kind of bummed about it cause I'm so damned slow and this stupid autoimmune disease makes me tired.  I'm sure right now it's just stress and once things settle down it'll be fine.  Race day Kat and I will pull each other through it.  At that point I'll have a starting point for if I can do a 100 miler or just stick to 50ks.

Ginny you'll get there.  My back still hurts from last year's deer accident.  I do stretches that help and get massages every other week.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Lori – No chocolate?! That is hard. Nice miles! Wedding is 10/19/19 so a year from tomorrow!! Crazy. No 20 for me..haha..THANKFULLY I get to skip those longer runs since I am running 2 races so close together Smile How did you do all that updating on your phone?! I get to frustrated.

Sandy – I can’t remember where I saw that MSP was having some gorgeous weather but I saw it somewhere and thought of you Smile YES!! I saw the jacket and sent it to HCF saying “I am buying this” . You should totally get it Smile You have to get some Richmond swag! OH EXCUSE ME – WFH away then. I hate you. LOL. Okay, see, I might like the vest because I have a pet peeve about sweat on my elbows. Usually in a jacket its inevitable. Does that make sense or do I sound weird? LOL.  Enjoy your beer on the patio! Hopefully no strange dudes decide to pop up.

Diane – Aw, you have a lot going on right now. Give yourself a break! Karen had a good resolution for those weekday long runs – just run long back to back on the weekends. And you are right – Kathryn is awesome. She will help get you through! Hang in there.

Cathy - Ah yes Winter. I forgot about that 

As you can tell I am really paying attention to this call. I swear these people really know how to beat a topic to death.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Lizzie - LOLOLOL you and your shweaty elbows!!! hahahahaha but, yeah, then me thinks you will like a vest!!  Well, it would be okay if a strange dude showed up and was single and CUTE and NOT looking for Mark and Lisa 

Could this afternoon go any slowerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lizzie, yes the vest is awesome because it is great for that "in between" weather when you aren't quite sure if you need a jacket.  Maybe it's warm enough not to wear a jacket, but it's windy.  It is great for blocking wind.  And you can layer something light underneath or something warmer.  I have also worn it with a short sleeve shirt underneath and arm warmers.     It is also great for rainy weather with wind.  Keeps your core warm and dry.  I wear mine a lot in the spring and fall.  I can't train for a marathon in the winter, the dark and the cold would kill me.    Dark and ice are bad.  Or I would be on the TM way too much for my liking.  Come the next school year I will have more flexibility with my schedule since younger DD will be taking the bus.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sandy, not the best pic of my vacant sweetie, but she is cute.  They were able to put Halloween bows in her hair.  And she has purple toenails...  Yes, there is doggie polish.

Ginny, I ordered a different pattern of Christmas tights, wanted you to be in your own glory with those stinking cute ones.  Mine will be skulls with Santa hats.  Now to find a top.  Don't worry about the BB half, it is super flat and easy.  You will be fine.

Carpets cleaned, still have kitchen and bathroom to do.  But I appear to be sitting on my butt currently.  It is miserable out.  And is supposed to be for the next week.

Got a call from the travel company (my Canadian Polar Bear trip starts Tuesday) and the bears are supposed to be there and active!!!  SO excited!!!!!  This is why my friend is coming, to watch the pets.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Checking in after a long time -- work, conference, and general busy life. Running? Sort of. I have managed to get in a few miles each day, but not a long run and haven't been to the gym in over a week. WFH today and booked for lunch tomorrow.

Just read this thread but have not read previous days. Hope all is well. Liz, hope your dad can beat this. Parents getting older is awful.

Will try to get back on but it is difficult -- and now my colleague is out for 3 weeks (visiting her mom in China) so we have even more to do.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie, no half coming up. Had it not been hot & humid, I would have considered the running club's free half 10/7. I decided no more halfs this year. Despite what "they" say about if you run more, you get faster, I have not seen that happen. I went from under 1000 miles/year to over 1500/year 4 years ago. I have 1 PR (half) to show for it. 5ks have been much slower, like well over 1 minute slower. So going to try to do some shorter races to see if I can improve there. Basically, my thinking is if I can't run a 5k or 10k faster than when I was running 600-800 miles.year, how can I expect to run a half faster.

Seloc, no b-day for me today. I will celebrate the cupcakes.

KatS, tris sound interesting to me, aside from the fact I hate swimming in anything other than a pool. I've raced bikes before, only reason I picked up running was it seemed somewhat safer with traffic around here.

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I'm tired now. More mentally than physically, although I think I'll get in the hot tub this evening. 18 miles done today around my neighborhood. Really the only thing that hurts is the bottom of my feet - probably from mostly asphalt yesterday and all concrete today. I think next week's long run is going to be on a trail.

May or may not do personals later. I read everything, but replying seems like a lot of work right now. I think instead I'll go eat something. Oh, and finish the laundry.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel