Womens Running

Close out the Calendar Weekend (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Sorry about the gloves!  Race calendar....hmmm, I don't have much scheduled.  I usually fill in as I go.

camille - glad you sister is doing good.

Gatsby - Sounds like you have had some great family time!

Marjorie - Ugh, on your Dad....I'm sure you have thought and rethought every possible solution, but I'm sure nothing you can say or do will change his behavior.

Karen - any ideas when your move will happen?  Your house looked like it is coming along!

Damarias - Hope the groin pain improves.

Cindy - I'm sure you have had a wonderful holiday with your boys!

Susan - Are you thinking of the Trail Half @ Pinckney?  Sounds like you are enjoying the holidays!

Had a 10 miler this am with RB's, not sure what the deal was, but we all were running on dead legs, was glad it was a group effort - otherwise I probably would have blown it off.  Then DH and I went on a nice 1.5 hour hike to a park about 40 minutes from us.  Was a very pretty place, very fun!

Carol

Carol, Yes good to have running buddies around for those really hard runs.  Enjoyed seeing the photos on FB.  Yes, was thinking of the Trail Half @ Pinckney.  Been enjoying the holidays but now that DO's stay is coming to an end its getting hard especially since she's been packing stuff of sentimental value to take back with her - lots of her cooking supplies she gotten throughout the years, Christmas ornaments to celebrate her birth and annual Christmases, dolls she collected when young.  I really feels like she's making a break from us and that's hard to take.  You know it has to happen some day but I didn't really see it coming.

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, know what you mean -- DD has taken a lot of the things that mean the most to her too, though she is planning on coming "home" once she finishes school, I think.

Camille, so glad to hear your sister is doing well! Candles were lit for her at several services.

Lisa, will keep an eye out for sales on running gloves. Any particular brand?

Race calendar:

January 17: Charleston

March 7: local 50K put on by friend of RN to celebrate his 50th birthday

March 15: Los Angeles (going to try to pace Sally and Kathy to 4:45)

April 18: Leona Divide

May 3: thinking about Avenue of the Giants

May 31: thinking about Newport (OR) if driving DD back from SD works out

June 6: Shadow of the Giants

July: considering Missoula

August 16: Leading Ladies (yes Karen most definitely!) in Spearfish, SD. Forum gathering! We can stay either in Spearfish or Rapid City.

Des Plaines is tempting in October.

November: probably Santa Clarita as usual

Not sure what else.

No run yesterday since I had a grapefruit pick scheduled. 500 pounds of grapefruit taken off one tree -- and then the food pantry couldn't take it so it is still at Food Forward's office waiting for another food pantry to open tomorrow. I took a few split grapefruit home -- the darned things practically explode when they hit the ground. They are now being converted into candied fruit peel and grapefruit rosemary simple syrup.

4 miles this morning, then two church services (somehow I wound up reading at both), and planted a bunch of things in the newly graded back yard. One fig tree, one Valencia orange tree, two grapevines, two star jasmines, two eponymus (shrubbery plants), and one little stock in a container. Still want a persimmon, maybe another apricot or a couple of pluots or an apple tree, a few more vine type plants and some more shrubbery plants and a lilac bush. (No jokes about Monty Python knights and a shrubbery, please.) The landscaping is coming together!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi ladies. Took an RD yesterday and ran 10 this morning (and weights). Groin bugged me in the morning but pain is almost gone.

Paris will be me. Which is why he is meh about it.

It was not the flu but it was a bad virus.

BBL!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I ran 15 this afternoon. Got done just as the rain started. I nearly blew it off because I stayed up too late finishing the book I was reading, then slept in. But the forecast changed and the rain didn't hit until 2 instead of 11 as predicted yesterday.

DH has now been out running three times. His butt wound is healing slowly and he needs to take a bunch more time off the bike, so he's trying running. He's going out for 1/2 hour at a time, and run/walking. After just three times he's mostly running. Pretty slowly, but still running. So of course I'm now trying to talk him into a 5K on New Year's Day in Baltimore. He doesn't sound too excited yet.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Ran 5 miles yesterday and felt good.  Springtime weather

Did weights this morning.

One more vacation day tomorrow.  My DIL has pneumonia so I

May be helping out there.  Think I may be getting a cold, hope not.

As far as races go for next year...I don't know.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry, we were at the Cirque show and the intermission was over when I posted.

Lisa, sorry about th gloves.

Damaris