Womens Running

Friyay! (dailies) (Read 22 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Yes as to the kittie, her name is Jasmine...just seemed fitting.  As to dog sitters, well we have the horses too but they pretty much roam the property.  In the far past when DD lived at home we could vacation together, now it's one or the other.  I could board at the vet but they'd be in cages pretty much except for walks and I can't do that.  I know we could have strangers in but we live in the country so....we have firearms.  Neither one of use feel comfortable even with gun safes, you just can't trust people like you used to.  We have pretty stringent background checks here but we still have fraud.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Back from the doctor.  The diagnosis is... plantar fasciitis!     With some arch strain.  I guess the good news is that there is no bone spur, x-rays were pretty clean.  He thinks a stress fracture would show up by now.  So he thinks I can basically proceed with running short distances with rest, 5K Winter Series should be fine.  And doing some sort of cardio cross training like elliptical.  Which I have in my basement.  Yuck.  PT is optional.

One interesting thing, I have an extra bone in my foot. 

Bikerchick1

Cathy - Glad it is just "plantar fascitis"....hoping things improve soon for you.  I felt PT did help me some.

Diane - I saw you changed to 50K.......you are amazing!

Tessa - The race really was fun.  I didn't get to see Lisa or Susan, tho.  I was with a group and you know how that goes....   Do you have a race coming up?

Kat - When is Antelope?  That sounds amazing.

Lizzie - Do you have another marathon next week???

Laura - Did the Great Turtle at Mackinaw Island.

Had a great run this morning...nice cool temps, but sunny and had some laughs, so always starts the day in a good way!

Carol

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 with intervals. Last run after work without needing lights.

Turtles, hope you can get the PF squared away. Could you get a PT assessment & then get set up with exercises you can do at home?