Womens Running

Wah Mondays (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, I haven't been able to get Runango at all since then either. I keep checking on them. Hope all is well. There is so doggoned much that can happen nowdays.

Lizzie, the college has a big gym with a running track around the top of it. However, corners are tight and you need to speed up and tilt at the corners. It's more squared off.

There is also a smaller auxiliary gym room for classes and even a nice dance studio as well.

I use the Fitness Room. It is very big with TVs and windows all around. You can even look down from the TMs and see people swimming. There are probably 14 or so big TMs and all the other machines as well. There is an adjoining heavy weights room as well as fitness balls. It has its own bathrooms and lockers. Beautiful and kept up really well.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Arimathea

Tessa

Diana, that Psycho Psummer looks interesting -- has Lisa seen it? (Giggle.) I know she has Kansas but that race would suit anyone who loves DWD as much as she does.

And the Mt. St. Helens one looks VERY intriguing. Maybe summer 2019? That would be fly into Portland and rent a car...and that way we get Washington! (Yo, Karen...)

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 sluggish miles. DH and I went up to Atlantic City yesterday just for the night. We got hardly any sleep--room was by a freight elevator, some partying folks and the beds sucked. And then we had the extra fun of DH's friend with us being a pain in the ass drunk. He initially passed out on the bed, but then got up at like 2 or 3 and spent a bunch of time in the bathroom--DH went to make sure he was ok and he was sleeping on the bathroom floor. Then he took FOREVER to get up this morning, so we didn't leave til 11.

Lizzie, poor Mammel. Hopefully for your sake he will need to work from home a lot.

LC Runs

Wow, busy group today!

Back is feeling much better, I am icing it right now just to help.  Hopefully it was just a freak occurrence.

Sue - hope your back/hip is feeling better!

Judy - thank you for the well wishes, I think they worked!!  Nice weekend running and I hope you had a good day volunteering!

Diane - ugh on the car repairs, sometimes it feels like all you do is get stuff fixed between the house and car.  I did have some back spasms this summer while standing around at a craft fair (another weird occurrence) and I agree, they hurt!

Kat - Awesome job on the race, especially given the conditions.  So glad it ended up being on the trail.  How do your nails look?  Mine are a disaster, I should get them done sometime (I used to, pre-kids).

Damaris - wow, what pretty views, you should run it!!

Sandy - great 5!  I am so ready for spring, too.  This weekend was so nice, I actually forgot we still have like 3 months of winter.  Ugh.

Hi Tessa!  Nice job getting out there this morning.  Yes, I have all 3 here full time, at least for now.  I love it but it's an adjustment, mainly with making dinners and doing laundry.  My older DS is a bean pole but can eat and eat, typical boy!

Cathy - yeah to DD!!

LC Runs

Diane - I don't usually fuel during  runs, either (other than the marathon).  I do alternate gatorade and water during Half Marathon races.  For  marathon training, it was usually pretzels or pb/j sandwiches (cut into small pieces).  I don't like gels or chews.

Karen - glad you all had fun this weekend!!    I should have signed up for the race and could have been 2nd AG LOL!

Lizzie - that is awful about MAMMEL, though did he have any bragging stories about getting injured????  Yeah, my Friday TM run was pretty gimpy and slow.  BF thinks I'm crazy (which is likely true ha ha)!  Yes, Motrin did help.  BF had a Tramadol but I was afraid to take it (I asked one of the nurses today who said it would have been fine to take one, since the usual dosage is like 3 a day).  I am still taking Motrin and icing.

Elina - nice 10, Girl!!

Hi Diana!!  Nice 10.  Ugh on the Garmin straps breaking, you can buy replacement velcro straps on Amazon.

Kupcakes - oh boy, that sounds like a not too fun trip!  I hope you get some sleep tonight!!

All this talk of fueling makes me hungry!    Just popping in quickly.  SRD today, short easy run tomorrow.

I'm one of those people who eats a lot before, during, and after running.  I hate running on an empty stomach, makes me feel queasy and weak.  I need around 100 calories every hour, unless the run is not much more than that (say, up to 10).  For a HM, I'll eat a gel at the halfway point.  I eat that way because that's what my body is used to and it works for me.  But, others do quite well with little fuel, and their bodies are used to that.  So it's one of those things where everyone is an experiment of one.

For folks talking about the Volcanic 50, I can recommend GoBeyond racing -- they put on the Mt. Hood 50 that I did in 2016.  But Volcanic looks like a hard race for sure!  Dunno if I want to do it, but if others are going... well... 

Sounds like a fun FE in Texas!  Thanks for the RR, Kat!

Have a great week, everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, there was a FB post from the RD, there will be a 20% discount on Brazos Bend for the first week of registration.  It opens 2/1.  If you don't get the code, I will post it.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

Kupcakes, that does not sound like fun. Next time he should get his own damn room.

Laura, I don't like gels either, and my dentist doesn't like chews -- especially if they are allowed to melt in the mouth rather than chewed. I've told this story before -- one woman I used to run with didn't like gels but her DH thought they worked well. (Maybe for him.) Waiting for the Las Vegas marathon to start, her DH kept telling her to take a gel, she didn't want to, and finally, exasperated, he bellowed:

"JULIA! Will you just put it in your mouth and SWALLOW it!"

Fortunately the race did not start right then, because nobody within earshot would have been able to start running -- they were laughing too hard.

Margaret, definitely a thought -- do you have Washington yet?