Womens Running

Wonderful week-end (over 40) (Read 17 times)

8.7 for me this morning outside.  Would be nice when I can run without freezing.... getting up to 50 today but was barely 30 at run time with wind.

DD took first place in the regional competition for Informative Speaking so she is going to the State competition at beginning of May in Kalamazoo.  Exciting for her.  She's enjoying this public speaking thing.  Go figure.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Temps were a little chilly this am...but warmed up quickly!  congrats to Kaite!!!

Karen - Good for you on getting your runs in!  The meetings sound tiring.....

Out for 10 with RB yesterday...unfortunately HER legs were not tired from Spin class yesterday LOL....

Going to try out a Yogalates class this evening at the new fitness center...free week of classes for me, so going to check it out!

Carol

Karen, those meetings sound exhausting.  Good for you for keeping up on your running.

Lisa, that's so awesome for your daughter!  And nice miles for you.

Carol, have fun at Yogolates (yoga/pilates hybrid?)

4.5 trail miles for me today.  My HIIT classes start up again this week.... I suspect I'll be feeling it...

Finally culled my Antarctica photos enough to post some on FB.  Here's a link for non-FB users if you're interested.  PS please friend me on FB if we aren't already!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.609835572418076.1073741832.100001749157606&type=1&l=8f6c45819d

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

Pretty good running weekend for me - 6 yesterday and 8 today with RP - next week we have our first double digit run (12) for Marathon training.  Weather was really pleasant today, thank goodness!

Hi Carol - I have been wanting to try a spin class, our town opened a women's gym a few weeks ago and they have spin classes there

Ginny - ugh I don't blame you, I sure hope you don't get any more significant snow, it is so depressing

Tessa - hope you are okay, I've done a few of those myself

Damaris - good job on the 8!

Karen - hope your flight went okay and you got in our 20 miler

Hi Marjorie- hope you thoroughly enjoyed your rest day - nice 10+ today

Hey Gatsby - I am 'looking forward' to rainstorms, just has to warm up a few degrees lol

Lisa - I am so happy to see you reporting 8+ miles - yippee!!

Went and saw "Divergent" today, highly recommend it!!

Dinner's ready and BF is yelling at me to come and eat - have a great evening!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, yes! We'll be doing the 1st half HM.  Let's meet up!  Closer to the date, let's coordinate plans.

Marjorie, you should get cross-training credit for going up and down the ladder so many times.  Hope you continue to make good progress today.

Carol, if abs are sore, I would take that as good sign that they were working hard.

GinnyB, glad to hear the snow missed you but sorry about the sore foot.  You deserve a big dose of Spring -- good for whatever ails you.

We had a nice rainstorm yesterday so I got a little wet on my 12 mile run.  I didn't mind, mostly I'm just glad to get some rain!  Clear and sunny today so I'll get in a few miles later.  Need to get some yardwork done but it's still so wet out there.  Maybe this afternoon.  Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Hubby is doing that first HM too.  Let's meet up this time for sure!!!!!!

I ended up doing 10 miles on Saturday with hubby and, since my LR for this week was 10 miles, I guess that was it.  I did 6 miles on the TM this morning with incline intervals to try to train for SF and later today, 11.58 miles on the bike with hubby.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad the snow missed you, Ginny!

Marjorie, nice run today!

Karen, that is normal of our Summer weather, but since this year's weather has been turned to shit, I guess it's now normal for March?  Weird.  Hope you managed your 10 at the hotel.

Lisa, nice 8.7.

Carol, nice 10.

Gatsby, nice pics.  I sent you a FB friend request, if you don't mind.

LC Runs, go eat!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

I don't know about it being wonderful. It was way too short, for one thing. And my knee hurts a lot. I do not like being injured.

No run on Saturday due to this knee issue. And no run on Sunday either, though I did walk a couple of miles wth the WW group.

Ginny, I'm sorry you are still having snow! Ugh.