Womens Running

It's December! weekend (over 40) (Read 297 times)

Linda

Julie:  wow snow.  I've never run in snow.  You are tough!!

Tessa:  I camp in Ojai almost every year.  I would love to coordinate something.

Cindy:  "rolling hills" -- hummm.... code for very hard run--You did great!  congratulations!

Camille:  I will look up that book.  It sounds interesting.  I've heard of it, but I've never looked into it.

Lisa:  I don't think I said anything about fun.  I'm just frustrated, because I can't train the way that want to get the results I want.  I'd rather run at any speed than not run at all--I guess I'm just in a complaining mode which is never fun for anyone.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I ran 19.3. I also did a huge amount of stuff around the house. Apparently I did not get the memo to rest after running so far.

Marjorie

Hi ladies,

Just checking in briefly with a RR from CIM today.  Survived, but wow, I felt like I was running in a monsoon.  Winds, pouring rain, flooding... I wore a garbage bag and was pelted by rain practically the entire time until conditions eventually cleared up towards the end.   Fortunately it wasn't too cold (50s) but I was seriously saturated between the rain and sweating under the garbage bag!  Feel free to peruse the write up on my log with more of the gory details.  My time was 4:36:22, which isn't a personal worst, so I guess that's a good thing.   I'm also proud to have finished when around mile 13, I seriously hit a wall and wondered what the heck I was doing out there!   Volunteers were amazing (i.e. they showed up and cheered and were totally supportive regardless of the miserable conditions) and there were even some spectators cheering along the course.  This was my third CIM and it's one of my favorite races (and no, I've never seen weather like this before).  It's not too big, really well organized, a fast course, and good starting and finishing areas.  I don't love their shirts (technical, but designs are always knda blah) but that's my only petty gripe.  Highly recommend it!

Well done to all the other racers, and hope everyone else had a great weekend.

What about posting a sticky at the top with people's upcoming races?  Might be fun to see who's doing what and cheer each other on.

Have a good week.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Disney freak

Today’s exercise was Jazzercise.  Along with go, go, go all day.  I was on the set up team at church, which is an all-morning gig.  Then I went to Target for cookies supplies.  DS9 had a cookie exchange with his youth group so we spent the afternoon making sugar cookies.  While I was at Target, I also picked up new jeans in a smaller size!  Whoo hooo!

After Jazzercise, we spent the evening decorating the house and the tree. One of my favorite parts of the season - the house is all clean, we get it all decorated.  We turn on the Christmas music make some regular eggnog for the kids, and some spiked for the grownups.  Then we turn off all the lights and watch the tree for awhile.

Majorie – wow! 19 miles!  That rocks!  How many miles do you average a week:

Julie_D – that’s dedication to run in the snow and cold like that.  I just bought some cold weather compression running clothes from Target.  While it was 80 today (!!!!) Texas weather turns on a dime, and it may be 22 tomorrow.

Tessa – Every Friday night with the margarita.  Feel free to join me every week. 

Cindy – sounds like you had nice weather for your race.  Thanks for the report, they are fun to read! 

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
          • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
          • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
          • training for Big D half on 4/14
          RunningSister

Favorite Sister of All!

Lisa-Marie--Score on the smaller pant size!  Woo hoo!!  Eggnog, Christmas music and the tree sound nice and comfy!  Sounds like your day was non-stop--glad you took the time to enjoy the Christmas tree!

Marjorie--Glad the 19 miles went well--that was a heck of a warm-up for your day's activities!!

GatsbyBird--Nice RR!  WTG in the terrible weather!  Sounds like quite a challenge and strong work pushing through the Wall!!!

Finally heading home--<sigh>  Guess I will try for 5 miles in the morning--gotta keep the legs moving!

nitey niteCool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keep Running! Cross the finish line! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I can do a sticky but don't want to add too many. It can be awfully cluttered if we have too many. I'm doing 76 to 81 miles a week right now. That is my normal. Yearly weekly avg is lower. I took this as a cut back year. I was going to cut back the whole year but decided I wanted to go back up so the last 4 months I started to go back up to my normal.

Marjorie